绿箭侠第一季 第227期:梅林先生的演讲
时间:2019-02-17 作者:英语课 分类:绿箭侠第一季
英语课
The true humanitarian 1 in the Merlyn family was my wife Rebecca.
我家真正的慈善家,是我的妻子丽贝卡
Many of you here knew her.
在座许多人都知道她
She tirelessly devoted 2 herself to helping 3 those less fortunate in the glades 4.
她不辞辛苦的致力于,帮助那些在林间不幸的人
I like to think that if the men who murdered her knew her;
毫不夸张的说,假如有人想要谋杀她
knew the work that she did, knew the person that she was...
当他了解她的所作所为
He would have helped her to her car, made sure she was safe,
肯定不会再偷她的钱包再杀了她
instead of stealing her purse and shooting her.
而会将她亲自送回车里,确保她的安全
The truth is,I haven't done enough for this city.
事实上,我为这座城市做的不够多
My city. I failed it.
我的城市。我辜负了它
But I promise you... I am not finished yet.
但我保证,我还会继续
I promise you that this city will be better for all of us.
我保证,这座城市会变得更好
And on that day, I will look at this beautiful award and feel that I have earned it.
到那一天,再看到这个华丽的奖杯,我会感到名之所至
I thank you.
谢谢大家
n.人道主义者,博爱者,基督凡人论者
- She has many humanitarian interests and contributes a lot to them.她拥有很多慈善事业,并作了很大的贡献。
- The British government has now suspended humanitarian aid to the area.英国政府现已暂停对这一地区的人道主义援助。
adj.忠诚的,忠实的,热心的,献身于...的
- He devoted his life to the educational cause of the motherland.他为祖国的教育事业贡献了一生。
- We devoted a lengthy and full discussion to this topic.我们对这个题目进行了长时间的充分讨论。
n.食物的一份&adj.帮助人的,辅助的
- The poor children regularly pony up for a second helping of my hamburger. 那些可怜的孩子们总是要求我把我的汉堡包再给他们一份。
- By doing this, they may at times be helping to restore competition. 这样一来, 他在某些时候,有助于竞争的加强。
标签:
绿箭侠