绿箭侠第一季 第109期:给汤米一份工作
时间:2019-01-29 作者:英语课 分类:绿箭侠第一季
英语课
What are you doing?
你在干什么
It needs to be dark in here for me to do this.
我得先关灯再做
If I had had more time to think of that sentence
如果我来得及斟酌一下这句话
it wouldn't have sounded so dirty.
应该会说得纯洁很多
Look.
你瞧
I don't see anything.
我什么都看不见
I got these from applied 1 sciences.
我从应用科学部找来了这眼镜
They're able to pick up the subvisible variations
戴上它就能看见紫外线谱中
in the UV spectrum 2.
肉眼看不见的射线
Now look at the book again.
现在你再看那个本子
Now, look,
话说
I'm sorry about last night.
我为昨晚的事情向你道歉
It just--I let it get too far
是我当时吃饭时
sitting at the same table. That was...
做得过火了,那实在是
That was stupid.
实在是不明智
No. I was stupid.
不,是我太傻了
I haven't been entirely 3 honest with you.
我没有对你完全坦诚
My dad cut me off.
我爸爸把我钱断了
He froze all my funds.
他冻结了我的资金
I am living on fumes 4.
我现在身无分文
Really?
真的吗
Why didn't you say anything?
那你怎么什么都不说
Embarrassment 5, shame, jealousy 6,
尴尬,羞愧,嫉妒
probably a few other emotions I'm not used to feeling.
可能还有其他我还不习惯的情绪
Tommy, my trust fund is your trust fund.
汤米,我的钱就是你的钱
No.
不
That is the easy answer.
这是个简单的解决方法
And believe me, I have loved easy answers.
相信我,我喜欢这种答案
What I need is a job.
可我需要的是一份工作
I'm trying to change.
我想改变
Not sure into what yet, but...
还不确定要变成什么样,但是
I don't want to be what I was anymore.
我不想再当以前的那个我了
It just so happens that I have
碰巧我这儿
a general manager position
正好缺一个
that is available.
总经理
You're probably the guy for the job.
你或许就是合适的人选
Will I be getting dental? This smile wasn't cheap.
我是不是该小心点,你笑得不怀好意呀
I'll look into that. Thank you.
我会好好考虑的,谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢你
You're welcome.
不客气
You ok?
你还好吗
I will be.
会好起来的
Something happen with Helena?
海伦娜怎么样了
We had a falling out.
我们分道扬镳了
But I have a feeling that I will be seeing her again.
但我有预感还会再见到她
adj.应用的;v.应用,适用
- She plans to take a course in applied linguistics.她打算学习应用语言学课程。
- This cream is best applied to the face at night.这种乳霜最好晚上擦脸用。
n.谱,光谱,频谱;范围,幅度,系列
- This is a kind of atomic spectrum.这是一种原子光谱。
- We have known much of the constitution of the solar spectrum.关于太阳光谱的构成,我们已了解不少。
ad.全部地,完整地;完全地,彻底地
- The fire was entirely caused by their neglect of duty. 那场火灾完全是由于他们失职而引起的。
- His life was entirely given up to the educational work. 他的一生统统献给了教育工作。
n.(强烈而刺激的)气味,气体
- The health of our children is being endangered by exhaust fumes. 我们孩子们的健康正受到排放出的废气的损害。
- Exhaust fumes are bad for your health. 废气对健康有害。
n.尴尬;使人为难的人(事物);障碍;窘迫
- She could have died away with embarrassment.她窘迫得要死。
- Coughing at a concert can be a real embarrassment.在音乐会上咳嗽真会使人难堪。