生活大爆炸第一季第八集_2:The Grasshopper Experiment
时间:2019-01-28 作者:英语课 分类:生活大爆炸第一季
英语课
生活大爆炸第一季第八集_2:The Grasshopper 1 Experiment
-Penny:Hi, guys.
嗨大伙们。
-Leonard:Oh, hey.
嘿。
-Penny:I need some guinea pigs.
我需要几只小豚鼠。
-Sheldon:Okay, there's a lab animal supply company in Reseda you could try.
很好,Reseda有家实验动物供应商你可以去试试。
But if your research is going to have human applications, may I suggest white mice instead?
但如果你的研究是为了造福人类,我能否建议你用小白鼠代替?
Their brain chemistry is far closer to ours.
它们的脑化学物质与我们更相似。
-Penny:I swear to God, Sheldon, one day,
我对上帝发誓,Sheldon总有一天,
I'm going to get the hang of talking to you.
我会搞清楚该如何与你交流。
-Leonard:His mom's been saying that for years.
这话他妈妈说了几十年了
What's up?
究竟什么事?
-Penny:Well, I finally convinced the restaurant to give me a bartending shift,
是这样,我终于说服餐馆老板让我在吧台轮班。
so I need to practice mixing drinks.
所以我得练练调酒。
-Leonard:Oh, great. Well, the key to acquiring proficiency 2 in any task is repetition.
哦太好了,想精通一门技术要诀就在于熟能生巧。
-Sheldon:With certain obvious exceptions.
还有一些显而易见的例外。
Suicide, for example.
比如说自杀。
-Penny:So, Leonard, how about it?
那么,Leonard行吗?
-Leonard:You know, Penny, we'd love to help you,
你知道Penny,我们很乐意帮助你。
but Raj is going through some stuff right now,
但是Raj最近正在经历一些事,
and besides, he doesn't drink, so...
另外他也不喝酒,所以...
Really?
真的吗?
Um, Raj is going through some stuff right now
Raj最近正在经历一些事,
and he'd like to take up drinking.
所以他想开始喝酒了。
-Penny:Okay, here you go, Leonard.
好了,这是你的Leonard。
One Tequila Sunrise.
一杯墨西哥日出酒。
-Leonard:Thank you.
谢谢你。
You know, this drink is a wonderful example of how liquids with different specific gravities interact in a cylindrical 3 container.
知道吗,这杯酒完美的诠释了不同比重的液体是如何在圆柱形容器内相互作用的。
Thank you.
谢谢你。
-Penny:Okay, Raj, what'll it be?
好了,Raj你想喝什么?
-Leonard:Whatever you recommend.
你随便推荐一个吧。
-Penny:Uh, how about a Grasshopper?
蚱蜢酒怎么样?
I make a mean Grasshopper.
我蚱蜢酒调的还不错。
Okay? Good. Coming up.
好吗? 好,马上就来。
Sheldon, what are you going to have?
Sheldon你想喝什么?
-Sheldon:I'll have a Diet Coke.
我要一杯健怡无糖可乐。
-Penny:Okay, can you please order a cocktail 4?
能不能拜托你点一杯鸡尾酒?
I need to practice mixing drinks.
我需要练习调酒。
-Sheldon:Fine. I'll have a Virgin 5 Cuba Libre.
好吧,那我就来一杯纯自由古巴酒。
-Penny:That's, um, rum and coke without the rum.
也就是...不加朗姆酒的朗姆可乐酒。
-Sheldon:Yes.
没错。
-Penny:So... Coke.
也就是...可乐。
-Sheldon:Yes.
没错。
And would you make it diet?
能不能请你做成无糖的?
-Penny:There's a can in the fridge.
冰箱里面就有一罐。
-Sheldon:A Cuba Libre traditionally comes in a tall glass with a lime wedge.
自由古巴酒最初是装在高脚杯里并配有青柠片的。
-Penny:Then swim to Cuba.
那你游到古巴去喝吧。
-Sheldon:Bartenders are supposed to have people skills.
酒吧招待应该具备人际交往技巧。
-Penny:Okay. Raj, here you go.
好了,Raj给你。
All right. Who's next?
好了,谁是下一个?
-Howard:I'd like to try a Slippery Nipple.
我想试试光滑乳头酒。
-Penny:Okay, you're cut off.
好吧,没你的份了。
Anybody need a refill?
还有人要添酒吗?
-Raj:Where did my life go, Penny?
我的人生将何去何从Penny?
One day I'm a free bachelor, and the next I'm married
我明明是个无忧无虑的单身汉,转眼间就结了婚,
and driving a minivan to peewee cricket matches in suburban 6 New Delhi.
开着迷你货车到新德里郊区比赛斗蟋蟀。
-Penny:Are you talking to me?
你是在和我说话吗?
-Raj:Is there another Penny here?
这里还有其他Penny吗?
I had such plans.
我志向远大。
I had dreams.
我雄心勃勃。
I was going to be the Indira Gandhi of particle astrophysics.
我本打算成为粒子天体物理学界的英迪拉.甘地(曾任印度女总理)。
But with a penis, of course.
当然是有小鸡鸡的。
-Leonard:Amazing.
真神奇。
-Raj:Ever since I was a little boy,
当我还是个小男孩时,
my father wanted me to be a gynecologist like him.
我爸就想让我和他一样当个妇科医生。
How can I be a gynecologist?
我怎么能当妇科医生?
I can barely look a woman in the eye!
我几乎连女人的眼睛都不敢看!
You know what?
你知道吗?
I'm not going to let my parents control my future any longer.
我不会再让爸妈控制我的未来了。
It's time for a showdown.
是时候摊牌了。
Somebody give me a computer with a webcam!
快给我找个带摄像头的电脑!
-Penny:Okay, sweetie, I think that's the Grasshopper talking.
甜心,我想是蚱蜢酒让你说出这话的。
-Raj:And it's about to tell my parents
我还要告诉我爸妈,
that I'm not riding an elephant down the aisle 7 with Lalita Gupta.
我不会和Lalita Gupta骑着大象去神坛举行婚礼的。
-Penny:Okay, calm down.
好了,镇静点儿。
Look, no one can make you get married.
没人能强迫你结婚。
Why don't you just meet this girl and see what happens?
你干吗不先去见见这个女孩看能发生些什么?
-Raj:Haven't you been listening to me?
你没听我说吗?
I cannot talk to women.
我没法和女人说话。
-Leonard:Um, Raj...
呃Raj...
-Howard:No, no, let's see how long it takes him.
别,别,咱们看他能保持多久。
-Penny:Um, Raj, honey,
呃Raj,甜心。
you say you can't talk to women, but you've been talking to me.
你说你不能和女人说话但你一直在对我说话。
-Sheldon:And now we'll never know.
现在我们永远别想知道了。
-Raj:You're right.
对啊。
I... I am talking to you.
我...我是在和你说话。
Hello, Penny, how are you?
哈喽Penny,你好吗?
-Penny:I’m fine.
我很好。
-Raj:Ok, now, I just need to make sure I have a Lalita before I meet the grasshopper.
好了,我现在只要确保自己去见蚱蜢酒之前喝一杯Lalita。
It's a sweet, green miracle.
它真是个美妙的绿色奇迹。
-Penny:Okay, if you're going to drink on this date,
如果你约会的时候要喝酒,
just promise me you won't overdo 8 it.
答应我要有节制。
-Raj:Overdo what?
节制什么?
Happiness?
幸福?
Freedom?
自由?
This warm glow inside of me that promises everything's going to be all hunky-dunky?
还是流淌在我心中这股令我电眼美男战无不胜的暖流?
-Penny:Yeah, that.
对,就是那个。
Why don't you bring her to my restaurant while I'm tending the bar so I can keep an eye on you?
不如你在我管理吧台时带她来约会吧,这样我还能照看你。
-Raj:Okay.
好的。
-Leonard:Wait a minute. What's the plan here?
等一下,下一步怎么办?
Let's say he meets her, he likes her, they get married.
假设他见了她,他爱上了她,他们俩结婚了。
What's he going to do, stay drunk for the rest of his life?
他能怎么做,下半辈子一直醉着?
-Howard:Worked for my parents.
我爸妈就是这样的。
guinea pig:豚鼠,天竺鼠
get the hang of:掌握做某事的诀窍
bartending:当酒吧侍者
interact:互相作用
cylindrical:圆柱的
Grasshopper:蚱蜢
wedge:楔形物
minivan:小型货车
Indira Gandhi:英迪拉·甘地(曾任印度女总理)
astrophysics:天体物理学
gynecologist:妇科医生
showdown:摊牌
aisle:过道,通道
n.蚱蜢,蝗虫,蚂蚱
- He thought he had made an end of the little grasshopper.他以为把那个小蚱蜢干掉了。
- The grasshopper could not find anything to eat.蚱蜢找不到任何吃的东西。
n.精通,熟练,精练
- He plied his trade and gained proficiency in it.他勤习手艺,技术渐渐达到了十分娴熟的地步。
- How do you think of your proficiency in written and spoken English?你认为你的书面英语和口语熟练程度如何?
n.鸡尾酒;餐前开胃小吃;混合物
- We invited some foreign friends for a cocktail party.我们邀请了一些外国朋友参加鸡尾酒会。
- At a cocktail party in Hollywood,I was introduced to Charlie Chaplin.在好莱坞的一次鸡尾酒会上,人家把我介绍给查理·卓别林。
n.处女,未婚女子;adj.未经使用的;未经开发的
- Have you ever been to a virgin forest?你去过原始森林吗?
- There are vast expanses of virgin land in the remote regions.在边远地区有大片大片未开垦的土地。
adj.城郊的,在郊区的
- Suburban shopping centers were springing up all over America. 效区的商业中心在美国如雨后春笋般地兴起。
- There's a lot of good things about suburban living.郊区生活是有许多优点。
n.(教堂、教室、戏院等里的)过道,通道
- The aisle was crammed with people.过道上挤满了人。
- The girl ushered me along the aisle to my seat.引座小姐带领我沿着通道到我的座位上去。
标签:
生活大爆炸