外贸口语一点通第206期:迎来送往之询问和确认
时间:2019-01-23 作者:英语课 分类:外贸英语一点通
英语课
询问和确认
A: Excuse me. Are you Mr. Rex Smith?
对不起,您是勒克斯·史密斯先生吗?
B: Yes, I am. And are you Mr. Li?
我就是。您是李先生吧?
A: No sir, I'm not. I'm Liu Hua, sales manager at ABC Trading. Mr. Li asked me to come and meet you, because he was expectedly tied up this morning. He is very eager to meet you, and sends his warmest regards.
不,我不是。我是刘华,ABC贸易公司的销售经理。李先生要我来接您,因为他今早突然有事无法分身。他非常想见您,要我代他向您致意。
B: I see. Well, it's very nice to meet you, Liu Hua. And please, feel free to call me Rex. I'm not big on formalities.
原来如此。很高兴认识你,刘华。叫我勒克斯就可以了,我不喜欢拘泥于礼节。
A: That would be my pleasure. Can I help you with your bags? We're got a limo waiting outside.
这是我的荣幸。我来帮你拿箱子吧?我们弄了一辆豪华轿车在外恭候。
B: A limo? I see you're trying to butter me up!
豪华轿车?我看你们是想讨好我吧!
A: I hope you have a pleasant flight over, Rex. I've traveled the trans-Pacific routes before, and I know tiring they can be.
勒克斯,我希望你此次来访旅途愉快,我以前也做过横渡太平洋的航班,我知道那有多累。
B: This one was unevenful, except for a little turbulence 2 here and there. In fact, I feel as crisp 3 as a new dollar bill.
除了不时有气流不稳之外,一路都很顺利。说真的,我觉得自己还是很有精神的。
A: Glad to hear it. Would you like an informal dinner with us tonight? Mr. Li asked me to inquire.
很高兴听你这么说。你愿意今晚和我们一起吃顿便饭吗?李先生要问我一声。
B: It's very nice of him, but truthfully I'd rather just spend a quiet evening in the hotel getting ready for tomorrow's appointment. Mr. Li won't mind?
他太客气了。不过我想静静地在饭店休息一晚,准备明天的会议。李先生不会介意吧?
A: Not at all. He expected you'd want a little rest first. Just to confirm—you know that tomorrow's meeting is set for 10a.m., at our office? I'll pick you up at the hotel at 9:15.
当然不会,他想到你可能需要稍作休息。跟你确认一下,你知道明天的会议是早上10点在我们办公室举行吧?我会在9:15到饭店接你。
B: That'll be fine. Liu Hua, thank you so much.
好的,刘华,谢谢你。
A: It's my pleasure. By the way, are there any sights you'd like to see while you're here? I'd be happy to show you around.
别客气。对了,在这段时间,你是否想去参观一些地方?我可以带你四处逛逛。
B: Well, I have instructions not to mix pleasure with business on this trip. But could we see international Trade Center, and Zhong guancun Science&Technology Park?
嗯……老板指示我这次不能假借公事四处游玩。不过,我们可以到国贸中心与中关村科技园区看看吗?
A: That's no problem. I'll set up appointments for later this week.
没问题,这周晚些时候我会安排。
B: Thank you very much.
多谢。
1. feel as crisp as a new dollar bill 感觉很有精神,精力充沛
eg. You did not sleep a wink 4 last night but you are still as crisp as a new dollar bill today, what is the magic?
你昨晚一夜没睡,今天依然很精神,有什么魔法吗?
2. tie up
绑(紧);系(住);缚牢
She tied up her things in a parcel.
她把她的东西包在一个包里。
I have tied up the bundle 5.
我已捆好了包裹。
包扎
to tie up the wound
包扎伤口
使(船)停靠码头,(船)靠码头,停泊,使船停泊
We tied up our ship at Shanghai.
我们将船停泊在上海港。
[美国英语]阻碍;阻塞(交通等);使停顿,使处于停滞状态
The docker's strike tied up the port.
码头工人的罢工使港口陷于瘫痪。
The accident tied up the traffic for a few hours.
事故使交通阻塞了几小时。
投放(钱、资金、储蓄等)使不能移做他用,搁死,把(资金等)冻结于某项用途之中,把(财产)置于不能出售(或转让)的条件(或约束)之下
She has tied up her cash in the stock 6 market.
她的现金已搁死在股市上了。
My money is tied up in a trust fund 7.
我的钱搁死在一笔信托基金上了。
(使)和……有密切关系;把……联系起来
This ties up with what she has said.
这和她讲过的有关。
Our university is tied up with an American University.
我们大学和一所美国大学有密切联系。
与……合伙;合并
The two firms tied up last week.
两家公司于上周合并。
Our country will tie up with another country to host this exhibition.
我国将和另外一个国家联合主办这次展览会。
(工作等)缠住(某人),使不能分身
The activity had us tied up for a whole week.
这次活动让我们忙了整整一星期。
I can't go to the cinema now. I'm a bit tied up.
我现在不能去看电影,我有点忙。
[口语]完成,结束(安排等)
They tied the matter up at the meeting.
他们在会议上了结了这件事。
I'm sorry we could not tie up the agreement.
很遗憾,我们未能达成协议。
吻合,相一致
This ties up with what the other prisoner has said.
这和另一个囚犯所说吻合。
[口语] [常用被动语态]安排好
Martin and Jane got tied up in June.
马丁和简于六月成婚。
v.(of, about)询问,打听;调查,查问
- You can inquire of your new neighbors where the post office is.你可以问问你的新邻居邮局在哪儿。
- He went to the hospital to inquire about her.他到医院去打听她的情况。
n.喧嚣,狂暴,骚乱,湍流
- The turbulence caused the plane to turn over.空气的激流导致飞机翻转。
- The world advances amidst turbulence.世界在动荡中前进。
adj.脆的;清新的;扼要的;n.[pl.]油炸土豆片
- What a crisp voice she has!听她的嗓音多脆!
- These pears are sweet and crisp.这种梨又甜又脆。
n.眨眼,使眼色,瞬间;v.眨眼,使眼色,闪烁
- He tipped me the wink not to buy at that price.他眨眼暗示我按那个价格就不要买。
- The satellite disappeared in a wink.瞬息之间,那颗卫星就消失了。
n.捆,包,束;一堆,一批;v.把…扎成一捆
- My uncle sent me a large bundle on my birthday.我生日时叔父给我寄来一个大包裹。
- Dad found a bundle of spelling mistakes in my composition.爸爸在我作文里找出一大堆拼写错误。
n.存货,储备;树干;血统;股份;家畜;adj.存货的;平凡的,惯用的;股票的;畜牧的;vt.进货,采购;储存;供给;vi.出新芽;进货
- The shop takes stock every week on Friday mornings.这家商店每星期五早晨盘点存货。
- Experts have forecast an upturn in the stock market.专家已预测股票市场价格有上升趋势。
标签:
外贸口语