生活大爆炸第一季第四集_3: The Luminous Fish Effect
时间:2019-01-01 作者:英语课 分类:生活大爆炸第一季
英语课
生活大爆炸第一季第四集_3: The Luminous 1 Fish Effect
You know, you two make a cute couple.
知道吗,你俩真是可爱的一对。
-Leonard:Uh, no. We'r e not... we're not-not a couple. We're singles. Two
不,我们不是...不是一对,我们都是单身。两个单身,对。
Like those... individually wrapped slices of cheese that...
像是那种...独立包装的芝士片。
we're friends.
我们是朋友。
-Sheldon’s mom: Did I pluck a nerve there?
我是不是踩到地雷了?
-Howard:Oh, Yeah.
对。
-Sheldon’s mom: Okay. All right, everybody, it's time to eat.
好吧,大家该吃饭了。
Oh, lord, we thank you for this meal and all of your bounty 2.
主啊,感谢您赐予我们晚餐及您所有的恩赐。
And we pray that you help Sheldon get back on his rocker.
我们祈求您帮助Sheldon重新振作。
Now, after a moment of silent meditation 3, I'm going to end with "in Jesus' name,"
沉思一阵之后我会以"以主之名"结束。
but you two don't feel any obligation to join in.
但你们俩不一定要跟着一起说。
Unless, of course, the Holy Spirit moves you.
当然,除非你被圣灵感动。
-Penny:Oh, my god, this is the best cobbler I've ever had.
哇,这是我吃过最好吃的厚皮馅饼。
-Sheldon’s mom: It was always Sheldon's favorite.
Sheldon最喜欢吃这个。
You know what the secret ingredient is?
你知道秘方是什么吗?
-Penny:Love?
爱?
-Sheldon’s mom: Lard.
猪油。
-Howard:Hey, look who's come...
看看谁来了...
-Sheldon’s mom: You'll spook him.
嘘,你会吓到他的。
He's like a baby deer-- you got to let him come to you.
他就跟小鹿似的,你得让他过来亲近你。
-Leonard:This is ridiculous.
太荒谬了。
Damn it, Sheldon, snap out of it!
够了! Sheldon 振作起来!
You're a physicist-- you belong at the university doing research, not hiding in your room!
你是物理学家,该在学校做实验而不是躲房间里。
-Sheldon’s mom: you don't hunt, do you?
你不打猎的,是不是?
Good morning, snicker doodle.
早上好,小饼干。
-Sheldon:Morning.
早。
-Sheldon’s mom: Oh, well, that looks awful fancy. What is that?
那看起来好奇特啊,是什么呢?
-Sheldon:It's my idea of what DNA 4 would look like in a silicon-based life-form.
我设想的硅系生物DNA模型。
-Sheldon’s mom: But intelligently designed by a creator, right?
但是由造物主巧妙地设计?
-Sheldon:What do you want, mom?
你想干什么呀,妈妈?
-Sheldon’s mom: You know how your daddy used to say that
你知道你爸爸经常说,
you can only fish for so long before you got to throw a stick of dynamite 5 in the water?
你只能在把炸药扔进鱼塘之前钓那么一会儿鱼。
-Sheldon:Yeah.
记得。
-Sheldon’s mom: Well, I'm done fishing.
我钓够鱼了。
You put those on.
你穿上衣服。
-Sheldon:What for?
为什么?
-Sheldon’s mom: Because you're going to go down to your office,
因为你要回到办公室,
you're going to apologize to your boss and get your job back.
跟你的老板道歉然后回去上班。
-Sheldon:No.
不要。
-Sheldon’s mom: I'm sorry, did I start that sentence with the words, "if it please your highness"?
不好意思,我刚刚是以“若尊贵的陛下愿意”开始的吗?
-Sheldon:I'm not going to apologize-- I didn't say anything that wasn't true.
我不要道歉,我说的都是实话。
-Sheldon’s mom: Now, you listen here.
你听好。
I have been telling you since you were four years old,
我从你4岁开始就跟你说,
it's okay to be smarter than everybody, but you can't go around pointing it out.
比大家都聪明不是问题,但你不能到处显摆。
-Sheldon:Why not?
为什么?
-Sheldon’s mom: Because people don't like it!
因为别人不喜欢!
Remember all the ass-kickings you got from the neighbor kids?
记得邻居的孩子欺负你的事吗?
Now, let's get cracking
动作快点。
Shower, shirt, shoes, and let's shove off.
沐浴更衣,然后我们就出发。
-Sheldon:There wouldn't have been any ass-kickings if that stupid death ray had worked.
如果那该死的死亡放射线能用,我就不会挨打了。
-Sheldon’s mom: Problem solved.
问题解决了。
-Leonard:Really?
真的?
That's impressive.
真厉害。
-Sheldon’s mom: Leonard, the lord never gives us more than we can handle.
Leonard,主自有分寸。
Thankfully, he blessed me with two other children who are dumb as soup.
幸亏我另外两个孩子傻得像头驴。
Excuse me, Dr. Gablehauser, are you busy?
抱歉,Gablehauser博士您在忙吗?
-Dr. Gablehauser:Well, actually...
实际上...
-Sheldon’s mom: Sheldon, he's just doodling.
Sheldon,他只是在乱画而已。
Get in here.
进来。
-Sheldon:Dr. Gablehauser.
Gablehauser博士。
-Dr. Gablehauser:Dr. Cooper.
Cooper博士。
-Sheldon’s mom: Let's go, baby-- we're losing daylight.
说吧宝贝,天要黑了。
-Sheldon:As you know, several weeks ago in our first encounter,
你知道,几周前我们第一次见面时,
we may have gotten off on the wrong foot when I called you an idiot.
我们可能没给彼此留下好印象,我称你为白痴。
And I just wanted to say that I was wrong... to point it out.
我只想跟你道歉...指出这一点是我不对。
-Dr. Gablehauser:I'm sorry, we haven't been introduced.
抱歉,我们还不认识。
Dr. Eric. Gablehauser.
我是Eric Gablehauser博士。
-Sheldon’s mom: Mary Cooper, Sheldon's mom.
我叫Mary Cooper,是Sheldon的妈妈。
-Dr. Gablehauser:Now, that's impossible--
不可能吧。
you must have had him when you were a teenager.
你怀他的时候还是个少女吧。
-Sheldon’s mom: Oh, aren't you sweet.
你嘴真甜。
His father's dead.
他父亲过世了。
-Dr. Gablehauser:Recently?
最近?
-Sheldon’s mom: Long enough.
够久的了。
-Dr. Gablehauser:Please.
请坐。
Sheldon, shouldn't you be working?
Sheldon,你不该去上班啊?
-Sheldon:Okay.
好的。
-Leonard:Hey, how did it go?
怎么样?
-Sheldon:I got my job back.
我可以回来上班了。
-Leonard:Really? What happened?
真的? 怎么回事?
-Sheldon:I'm not quite sure.
我不太清楚。
It involves a part of the human experience that has always eluded 6 me.
其中包含的人类经验我从未经历过。
-Leonard:Well, that narrows it down.
那还真是缩小范围了。
-Sheldon’s mom: I'm very proud of you, honey.
我为你骄傲,宝贝。
You showed a lot of courage today.
你今天表现出了极大的勇气。
-Sheldon:Thanks, mom.
谢谢你,妈妈。
Mom?
妈?
Is Dr. Gablehauser going to be my new daddy?
Gablehauser博士会是我的新爸爸吗?
-Sheldon’s mom: We'll see.
看看再说吧。
Sleep tight.
好梦。
pluck:采,拉
bounty:慷慨,恩惠
meditation:沉思
lard: 猪油
spook:吓唬
snap out of it:振作起来
silicon-based:硅基
dynamite:甘油炸药
your highness: 殿下(敬称)
get cracking:开始
adj.发光的,发亮的;光明的;明白易懂的;有启发的
- There are luminous knobs on all the doors in my house.我家所有门上都安有夜光把手。
- Most clocks and watches in this shop are in luminous paint.这家商店出售的大多数钟表都涂了发光漆。
n.慷慨的赠予物,奖金;慷慨,大方;施与
- He is famous for his bounty to the poor.他因对穷人慷慨相助而出名。
- We received a bounty from the government.我们收到政府给予的一笔补助金。
n.熟虑,(尤指宗教的)默想,沉思,(pl.)冥想录
- This peaceful garden lends itself to meditation.这个恬静的花园适于冥想。
- I'm sorry to interrupt your meditation.很抱歉,我打断了你的沉思。
(缩)deoxyribonucleic acid 脱氧核糖核酸
- DNA is stored in the nucleus of a cell.脱氧核糖核酸储存于细胞的细胞核里。
- Gene mutations are alterations in the DNA code.基因突变是指DNA密码的改变。
n./vt.(用)炸药(爆破)
- The workmen detonated the dynamite.工人们把炸药引爆了。
- The philosopher was still political dynamite.那位哲学家仍旧是政治上的爆炸性人物。
标签:
生活大爆炸