历史英雄名人演讲 第77期:卡梅伦就职演说(1)
时间:2018-12-30 作者:英语课 分类:历史英雄名人演讲
英语课
6.Inaugural 1 Speech by Cameron
6.卡梅伦就职演说
Before I talk about that new government, let me say something about the one that has just passed.
在谈论新政府之前,请允许我谈一谈最近刚刚发生过的一件事情。
Compared with a decade ago, this country is more open at home and more compassionate 2 abroad and that is something we should all be grateful for and on behalf of the whole country I'd like to pay tribute to the outgoing prime minister for his long record of dedicated 3 public service.
与十年前相比,这个国家对内更加开放,对外更加富有同情心,我们都应该为此感到高兴。我谨代表这个国家,对长期致力于公共服务的前任首相深表赞扬。
In terms of the future, our country has a hung parliament where no party has an overall majority and we have some deep and pressing problems---a huge deficit 4, deep social problems, a political system in need of reform.
就未来而言,我们的议会无任何党派占明显多数,我们面临着一些深刻而紧迫的问题庞大的赤字、深刻的社会问题以及需要改革政治制度。
For those reasons I aim to form a proper and full coalition 5 between the Conservatives and the Liberal Democrats 6.
基于这些房、囚,我计划在保守党和自由民主党之间组建适合的联盟。
adj.就职的;n.就职典礼
- We listened to the President's inaugural speech on the radio yesterday.昨天我们通过无线电听了总统的就职演说。
- Professor Pearson gave the inaugural lecture in the new lecture theatre.皮尔逊教授在新的阶梯讲堂发表了启用演说。
adj.有同情心的,表示同情的
- She is a compassionate person.她是一个有同情心的人。
- The compassionate judge gave the young offender a light sentence.慈悲的法官从轻判处了那个年轻罪犯。
adj.一心一意的;献身的;热诚的
- He dedicated his life to the cause of education.他献身于教育事业。
- His whole energies are dedicated to improve the design.他的全部精力都放在改进这项设计上了。
n.亏空,亏损;赤字,逆差
- The directors have reported a deficit of 2.5 million dollars.董事们报告赤字为250万美元。
- We have a great deficit this year.我们今年有很大亏损。
n.结合体,同盟,结合,联合
- The several parties formed a coalition.这几个政党组成了政治联盟。
- Coalition forces take great care to avoid civilian casualties.联盟军队竭尽全力避免造成平民伤亡。
标签:
历史英雄