欧美名人演讲 第76期:奥巴马柔情演绎总统业绩回顾(1)
时间:2018-12-30 作者:英语课 分类:欧美名人演讲
英语课
President Obama still has eight months left in office before his second term is up.
奥巴马总统的在位时间还剩八个月,然后他的第二个任期就要结束。
Naturally, this is a time to look back on all he's accomplished 1 over the past eight years.
当然,现在很适合回顾他过去8年的成就。
You know, I was going to make a joke about this, but I...I don't think it needs a joke.
我本来想拿这个话题开个玩笑,但是我觉得它不需要笑话。
I think it needs to be slow jammed.
它需要的是以柔缓即兴伴奏的形式呈现。
You know what I'm talking about, Tariq?
你知道我在说什么,塔里克?
Yeah, Jimmy. I think you're saying you'd like to slow jam this news.
是啊,吉米。你想以柔情即兴伴奏的形式呈现这条新闻。
That's right. I wanna slow jam the news. And I'm not the only one.
没错。我想以柔情即兴伴奏的形式呈现这条新闻,而我不是唯一有这个想法的人。
Hello. I'm President Barack Obama, and I, too, would like to slow jam this news.
你好。我是奥巴马总统,我也想以柔情即兴伴奏的形式呈现这条新闻。
Hit me eight times!
给我八拍!
It's been an honor and a privilege to serve as your president over the past eight years.
在过去的8年中,我能做你们的总统是我莫大的荣幸。
When I first took office, our nation was facing one of the worst recessions in its history.
当我第一次上台,我们的国家正面临着历史上最严重的衰退之一。
Since then, we've added more than 14 million new jobs and lowered the unemployment rate to under 5%.
从那时起,我促使让美国有了1400多万个新工作,并且让失业率降到低于5%。
Through the actions of my administration, we were able to stimulate 2 the economy and get our country back on track.
通过我的行政人员的努力,我们刺激了经济,让我们的国家回归正轨。
Aww, yeah. President Obama stimulated 3 long-term growth.
噢,好棒。总统奥巴马刺激了长期经济增长。
In both the public and the private sector 4.
无论是国营还是私营行业。
In 2008, the country wasn't feeling in the mood.
在2008年,我们的国家状态不好。
adj.有才艺的;有造诣的;达到了的
- Thanks to your help,we accomplished the task ahead of schedule.亏得你们帮忙,我们才提前完成了任务。
- Removal of excess heat is accomplished by means of a radiator.通过散热器完成多余热量的排出。
vt.刺激,使兴奋;激励,使…振奋
- Your encouragement will stimulate me to further efforts.你的鼓励会激发我进一步努力。
- Success will stimulate the people for fresh efforts.成功能鼓舞人们去作新的努力。
a.刺激的
- The exhibition has stimulated interest in her work. 展览增进了人们对她作品的兴趣。
- The award has stimulated her into working still harder. 奖金促使她更加努力地工作。
标签:
名人演讲