时间:2018-12-28 作者:英语课 分类:外贸英语一点通


英语课

   Persuasion 1 劝诫说服


  A: The market is really becoming more and more competitive.
  市场竞争变得越来越激励了。
  B: Exactly. So we must know how things stand with us and do something to keep our lead.
  的确如此。因此我们必须认清我们的处境,想方设法保持我们的主导地位。
  A: We'd better look at the strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats we have. First, it's obvious that our main competitve advantage is our range of products.
  我们最好认清我们的优势、劣势、机会和威胁。
  B: I think our strength also lies in another thing, that is our people.
  我觉得我们另一方面的优势就是我们的员工。
  A: You mean...
  你的意思是……
  B: I mean the after-sale service.
  我是说售后服务。
  A: Right you are. Our after-service team is faster, more qualified 2 and more efficient.
  太对了。我们的售后服务队伍发展得更快,更称职,效率也更高。
  B: How do you analyse our weaknesses?
  那你怎么分析我们的劣势呢?
  A: I think our problem is that we have a strong product but we haven't achieved the sort of market penetration 3 we should have.
  我认为我们的问题是,我们有好的产品,但这并没有给我们带来我们应有的市场份额。
  B: That's because our marketing 4 is not so effective as our competitors'. We've relied too heavily on product quality, not enough on promotion 5.
  那是因为我们的促销手段不如我们的竞争对手。我们过于依赖产品质量,却缺乏促销手段。
  A: I agree. So from now on, we have to put considerably 6 more effort into our advertising 7 and direct mail campaigns.
  我同意。所以从现在起,我们必须在广告上和邮购直销中下更大功夫。
  B: We should take effective measures to dominate the market. We must be aware of the threat we face.
  我们应该努力占有市场,我们必须认识到我们面临的威胁。
  A: So we've still got a tough job to do.
  因此,我们的工作仍很艰巨。
  “keep our lead”意思是“保持我们的主导地位”,“lead”在这儿作名词,意为“领导地位,主导地位”;
  “after-sales service”意思是“售后服务”;
  “to rely heavily on something”意为“严重依赖某物”,例如:The national economy relies too heavily on the foreign investment. 国民经济严重依赖海外投资。

1 persuasion
n.劝说;说服;持有某种信仰的宗派
  • He decided to leave only after much persuasion.经过多方劝说,他才决定离开。
  • After a lot of persuasion,she agreed to go.经过多次劝说后,她同意去了。
2 qualified
adj.合格的,有资格的,胜任的,有限制的
  • He is qualified as a complete man of letters.他有资格当真正的文学家。
  • We must note that we still lack qualified specialists.我们必须看到我们还缺乏有资质的专家。
3 penetration
n.穿透,穿人,渗透
  • He is a man of penetration.他是一个富有洞察力的人。
  • Our aim is to achieve greater market penetration.我们的目标是进一步打入市场。
4 marketing
n.行销,在市场的买卖,买东西
  • They are developing marketing network.他们正在发展销售网络。
  • He often goes marketing.他经常去市场做生意。
5 promotion
n.提升,晋级;促销,宣传
  • The teacher conferred with the principal about Dick's promotion.教师与校长商谈了迪克的升级问题。
  • The clerk was given a promotion and an increase in salary.那个职员升了级,加了薪。
6 considerably
adv.极大地;相当大地;在很大程度上
  • The economic situation has changed considerably.经济形势已发生了相当大的变化。
  • The gap has narrowed considerably.分歧大大缩小了。
7 advertising
n.广告业;广告活动 a.广告的;广告业务的
  • Can you give me any advice on getting into advertising? 你能指点我如何涉足广告业吗?
  • The advertising campaign is aimed primarily at young people. 这个广告宣传运动主要是针对年轻人的。
标签: 外贸口语