外贸口语一点通第158期:出境入境之入境咨询
时间:2018-12-28 作者:英语课 分类:外贸英语一点通
英语课
A:Hello, Immigration Department. What can I do for you?
您好,这里是入境处。请问有什么可以帮您的吗?
B:Hello. I am calling today to inquire the formalities of entry.
好的。请问您的国籍是什么?
A:OK. What nationalities are you, please?
好的,请问您的国籍是什么?
B:I am a Chinese.
我是中国人。
A:If this is the case. I am very glad to tell you that you do not need a passport nor a visa, since we have an agreement with your country, and in accordance with the treaty, people from both your and my countries are allowed to enter the other country without passports of visas.
如果是这样的话,我很高兴地告诉你您入境不需要护照和签证,因为贵国我国签订了一项协议,协议中规定贵国和我国公民进入对方国家无需护照及签证。
B:Fantastic. That will save me a lot of time. Do you mean we can go to your country at any time without any formalities?
这太好了。这能节省很多时间。你的意思是说我们可以随时进入贵国而不需要办理任何手续吗?
A:Not exactly. Generally speaking, such kind of people are not allowed entry into my country as psychopaths, infectious people, criminals and people who are in illegitimate occupation. As a result, we need you to provide us with your ID card, health certificate and employee's card two weeks before your entry.
不完全是这样的。通常来说我国一般不允许以下人员入境:精神病患者、传染病患者、刑事罪犯、从事不正当职业者。因此,您必须在入境前两个星期内向我国出具身份证件、健康证明及工作证明等材料。
B:Sure, I will. Anything else?
没问题,我会照办。还有其他的要求吗?
A:Of course you will have to go through the entry formality, too.
当然你还需要办理入境手续。
B:How exactly should I go through the entry formality?
究竟该如何办理入境手续呢?
A:You will have to provide the detail information about yourself, such as name, age, marital 2 status, how long you are going to stay in my country and so on and so forth 3.
办理入境手续你必须向我国提供您的详细个人信息,比如姓名、年龄、婚姻状况以及将在我国停留多久等等。
B:Thank you so much. This is really helpful.
非常感谢。这对我确实帮助不小。
A:You are welcome. Is there anything else you would like to know?
不必客气,还有其他的事情吗?
B:I guess not. Thank you. Bye.
没有了,谢谢。再见。
1. “in accordance with”意为“按照(根据,与……一致,合乎,和……一致)”。
The mayor must make policies in accordance with the bill passed in the Congress. 市长要根据议会的议案来制定政策。
2. “provide sb. with sth.”这个词组的意思是“供给(供应,以……装备)”
It will be cold tonight, will you please use boiler 4 to provide with steam? 今天夜里可能很冷,请用锅炉供气好吗?
1 inquiry
n.打听,询问,调查,查问
- Many parents have been pressing for an inquiry into the problem.许多家长迫切要求调查这个问题。
- The field of inquiry has narrowed down to five persons.调查的范围已经缩小到只剩5个人了。
2 marital
adj.婚姻的,夫妻的
- Her son had no marital problems.她的儿子没有婚姻问题。
- I regret getting involved with my daughter's marital problems;all its done is to bring trouble about my ears.我后悔干涉我女儿的婚姻问题, 现在我所做的一切将给我带来无穷的烦恼。
标签:
外贸口语