外贸口语一点通第85期:企业类型之投资风险
时间:2018-12-28 作者:英语课 分类:外贸英语一点通
英语课
投资风险Risk of investment
A: Well, I'm thinking of establishing a food joint 1 venture of big scale.
我正在考虑建立一家大规模的食品合资企业。
B: That's great. We have so many favorable conditions for you to invest in China.
那很好啊,在中国合资企业有很多优待。
A: Yes, China is a big country with a large population, rich resources and a comparatively low level of wages and salaries. However, the problem is that we're still doubtful of investment in China.
是的。中国是一个大国,人口众多,资源丰富,而且工资水平低。然而问题是我们仍然对在中国投资表示怀疑。
B: Let me put your mind at ease. The way I see it, a joint venture means, primary, less taxation 2 and more benefits for the investors 3.
让我来解除你的顾虑吧。依我看,搞合资企业,对于投资者来说,首先可以少上税,多收益。
A: That sounds good.
听起来不错。
B: Well, a joint venture means preferred treatment for the investors. A joint venture pays less income tax or even no income tax at all under certain conditions in the first five profit making years.
搞合资企业,投资者可以享受到优惠的待遇。合资企业头5个获利年度可以省缴所得税,在某种情况下,甚至完全不缴所得税。
A: Profit-making years? You mean the years of production?
获利年度?你是指生产年度吗?
B: No. I mean the years when you make a profit. What's more, all lawful 4 rights and interests of foreign investors are protected by Chinese law.
不,我指的是企业生产开始产生利润的头5年。而且,外国投资者的一切合法权益都受到中国法律的保护。
A: Oh, I see. It is very good.
我明白了,不错!
“think of something/doing something”意思是“考虑到某事情,多指考虑某事情的可能性,未作出决定亦未采取行动”,例如:You can't expect me to think of everything! (你不能指望我把什么事情都想到了!)又如:They're thinking of moving to America.(他们有意移居美国。)
1 joint
adj.联合的,共同的;n.关节,接合处;v.连接,贴合
- I had a bad fall,which put my shoulder out of joint.我重重地摔了一跤,肩膀脫臼了。
- We wrote a letter in joint names.我们联名写了封信。
2 taxation
n.征税,税收,税金
- He made a number of simplifications in the taxation system.他在税制上作了一些简化。
- The increase of taxation is an important fiscal policy.增税是一项重要的财政政策。
标签:
外贸口语