谈判英语一日通03-04
Sometimes, it works 1 and sometimes it doesn't. In the above dialog 2, it broke things loose and got the talks moving again. In the second dialog, Beth is trying to buy computer chips for use in Taiwan.
有时,这人技巧很有用,但有时则不然。在上面的对话中,这个技巧使事情有了转机,让双方又开始协商。在第二个对话中,贝丝尝试要购买在台湾可以使用的计算机芯片。
Bob:It's good to see you again, Beth. How was your trip?
贝丝,很高兴再见到你。飞行还顺利吧?
Beth:Good to see you too, Bob. The trip was okay, a little long but otherwise it was fine.
鲍伯,很高兴见到你。旅程很顺利,有点久,但还不错。
Bob:Is there anything we can do to help make you more comfortable?
需要什么额外的帮忙吗?
Beth:Not really, I'm fine.
不用了,我很好。
Bob:Good, then, shall we get right to business?
好,那我们就谈正事吧。
Beth:Yes, of course.
可以。
Bob:We can let you have the chips for just a little above the price we discussed over the phone.
我们在电话里谈的价格,只要再提高一点,就可以成交了。
Beth:How much is that?
那是多少呢?
Bob:How does $8.07 per unit sound?
单位价8.07元如何?
Beth:It sounds very high. That's an increase of more than 18%. I don't think we can go that high.
太高了,已经超过百分之十八的涨幅,我们不能提高这么多。
Bob:I'm sorry to hear that.
那真是太遗憾了。
we were looking forward to doing business with you. But that's the best price I can offer.
我们很期待和贵公司做生意,但这是我可以提供的最好价格。
After we last talked on the phone, one of our suppliers raised his prices for the next batch 3 of materials we buy and so did several others. So the price hike is pretty much industry wide.
上次通完电话后,其中一家供货商的材料费涨价,其他几家也是,所以整个业界都在涨价。
Beth:We heard about the price hike before I left Taiwan, but our information says the impact 4 should not be this bad.
我在离开台湾前就听说涨价的事,但根据我们的资料显示,这个影响应该没有这么大。
Bob and Beth continue to bargain for over an hour and Bob won't compromise 5. In fact, he refuses to budget at all. Beth can see the writing on the wall and decides to pull the plug on the negotiation 6.
鲍伯和贝丝继续谈判了一个小时,但鲍伯不愿让步。事实上,他完全拒绝让步,贝丝可以感觉出结果已经很明显了,所以她决定终止这个谈判。
Bob:Beth, I wish I could cut my price, even as a personal favor for you, but my hands are tied. My money people tell me this is our bottom line.
贝丝,就算帮你个忙,我也希望能够降价,但我无能为力。财务人员告诉我这是底价。
It's only because you're such a good customer that I'm willing to offer you this price.
因为你是这么好的客户,我才愿意提供你这个价格。
Beth:Thank you, Bob. I really appreciate that. It's just more than I'm authorized 7 to pay.
谢谢你,鲍伯,我真的很感谢,不过这个价格超过了我的权限。
I guess the only thing to do now is call a halt 8 to this negotiation and part, friend.
我想现在惟一能做的就是停止谈判,然后分道扬镳吧。
Bob:What do you mean?
什么意思?
Beth:Well, we have a budget we have to stay under, so we'll have to shop around some more.
我们有一定的预算限制,所以我只好去别家问问看。
True, everyone raised his/her prices but you seem to be at the high end of the scale. So we're going to shop around a bit.
没错,每一家厂商都提高了价格,但你们似乎是最贵的,所以我们要去找别家看看。
Bob:I sure hate to see you go across the street. We've had a good relationship for a lot of years.
我很不希望看你找别家,我们的良好合作关系已经维持多年了。
Beth:These things happen.
这种事是难免的。
I have some other wuppliers I can visit on this trip, so I have to get moving.
我这次来,也可以顺路去拜访其他厂商,所以我该走了。
Give me a call if you can come down on the price.
等你们降价,再打个电话给我。
- We expect writers to produce more and better works.我们期望作家们写出更多更好的作品。
- The novel is regarded as one of the classic works.这篇小说被公认为是最优秀的作品之一。
- At last there can be a reasonable dialog between our two governments.我们两国最后终于能理智地进行对话了。
- Address every primary view and dialog possible.要尽可能考虑到所有主要的视图和对话。
- The first batch of cakes was burnt.第一炉蛋糕烤焦了。
- I have a batch of letters to answer.我有一批信要回复。
- The computer had made a great impact on modern life.计算机对现代生活产生了巨大的影响.
- How will the war impact on such a poet?战争对这样一个诗人会产生什么影响?
- The spokesman made it clear that no compromise was yet in sight.发言人表明,目前还不会妥协。
- The probable outcome of the talks is a compromise.会谈的结果很可能是妥协。
- They closed the deal in sugar after a week of negotiation.经过一星期的谈判,他们的食糖生意成交了。
- The negotiation dragged on until July.谈判一直拖到7月份。
- An administrative order is valid if authorized by a statute.如果一个行政命令得到一个法规的认可那么这个命令就是有效的。