谈判英语一日通03-07
Chapter 16
Countering Give Away Chips回应虚张型筹码
Dialog 1
The dialog below is an example of a dumb reply.As in the previous chapter,this is about DVD player negotiations,and Bob and Jane are still the principals.In this scenario,Jane expected an easy time of it and got a nasty surprise.She uses the dumb method, as follows.
下面这个对话,就是一个装傻的响应.前一章是关于DVD放影机谈判的例子,鲍伯和珍仍然是主角.在这次的故事中,珍以为谈判过程会很简单,却碰了一鼻子灰.于是她用了下面的这个装傻的方式.
Bob:Well,it's the best I can do.If you want to sell me your DVD players,you need to accept my offer.Do we have a deal?
我已经尽力了,如果你想你们的DVD放影机卖给我,就得接受我们的价格,可以成交吗?
Jane:I'm afraid not,Bob.
恐怕不行,鲍伯.
I really don't have room to maneuver 1.You're going to have to come up to what we discussed on the phone.
我真的没有办法降.你的价格要跟我们在电话里谈的一样高才行.
Bob:Jane,I told you how it is,the Koreans are dumping units in our market,the bad economy,our decreased market share,we can't compete at your price.
珍,我已经告诉过你了,韩国人倾销DVD放影机到我们的市场上,经济又不景气,市场占有率日渐减少,你们的价格没有竞争性.
Jane:That isn't my problem,Bob.
这不是我的问题,鲍伯.
You said my coming here was just a formality to sign the contract.
你说我这次只是来签个约而已.
We spoke 2 on the phone Friday and you said nothing about this.As far as I'm concerned ,we had a deal.
星期五通电话时,你根本就没有提到这些事,我认为我们那时候就成交了.
Bob:But that wasn't an offer.I'm not authorized 3 to go highter.
但那并不是报价,我没有权限提高价格.
Jane:Then, you should hae said something.
那你应该早点告诉我.
Bob:Well,we really didn't know we had to adjust the offer until this weekend.
这个嘛,到这个周末我们才知道要调价.
Jane:I have a lot of trouble believing that.
我很难再相信你的话了.
Bob:It's the truth.
这是真的.
Jane:I'm not even going to debate that issue.
我不管真的假的.
Now,let's stop this foolishness and do what we agreed to.
不要再说这些没用的话,我们照原先同意的来办吧.
Bob:That price was never an official offer, and it's not on the table now.
那个价格根本不是正式报价,也不在我们的谈价范围内.
Jane:You can't renege on what you represented over the phone.
你不能否决电话上的提议.
I thought you were straight shooters.
亏我还以为你们是有信用的生意人.
- All the fighters landed safely on the airport after the military maneuver.在军事演习后,所有战斗机都安全降落在机场上。
- I did get her attention with this maneuver.我用这个策略确实引起了她的注意。
- They sourced the spoke nuts from our company.他们的轮辐螺帽是从我们公司获得的。
- The spokes of a wheel are the bars that connect the outer ring to the centre.辐条是轮子上连接外圈与中心的条棒。
- An administrative order is valid if authorized by a statute.如果一个行政命令得到一个法规的认可那么这个命令就是有效的。