TED演讲 第5期:微软虚拟地球之旅(2)
时间:2018-12-18 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲科技篇
英语课
So a little unknown secret is -- 那么, 一个不为人知秘密是 --
did you see the one with the guy, he's got the Web cam? 你有没有看到一个带着网络摄像机的家伙?
The poor PC guy. They're duct taping his head. They're just wrapping it on him. 这个可怜的PC男孩, 头上带着管子, 他们给他包装成那样儿.
Well, a little unknown secret is his brother actually works on the Virtual Earth team. 好, 一个不为人知的秘密是他的哥哥,其实在虚拟地球研发团队工作.
(Laughter). So they've got a little bit of a sibling 1 rivalry 2 thing going on here. (笑声). 那么, 那里表达一些兄弟之间对抗的东西.
But let me tell you -- it doesn't affect his day job. 但我告诉你 -- 这没有影响他每天的工作.
We think a lot of good can come from this technology. 我们想像这个科技带来很多的好处.
This was after Katrina. We were the first commercial fleet of airplanes 这是在Katrina飓风之后. 我们曾是灾难区域里的
to be cleared into the disaster impact zone. 第一个商业飞行队.
We flew the area. We imaged it. We sent in people. We took pictures of interiors, 我们飞到那个区域,拍下照片, 发给大家. 我们在灾区深入拍摄图片.
disaster areas. We helped with the first responders, the search and rescue. 我们帮助应急救生员, 搜索和营救.
Often the first time anyone saw what happened to their house was on Virtual Earth. 常常是人们是首先通过虚拟地球看到他们房屋的情况.
We made it all freely available on the Web, just to -- 我们通过网络把这些免费提供给所有人, 是为了 -- 你知道,
it was obviously our chance of helping 3 out with the cause. 这明显是我们为灾区人们提供帮助的机会.
When we think about how all this comes together, 当我们思考它时, 你知道, 这些东西如何组合到一起的.
it's all about software, algorithms and math. 全是关于软件, 算法和数学.
You know, we capture this imagery but to build the 3-D models 你知道, 我们捕捉图像,但是为了构建三维模型,
we need to do geo-positioning. We need to do geo-registering of the images. 我们需要做地理定位. 我们需要做图片的地理标记.
We have to bundle adjust them. Find tie points. 我们必须收集调整他们. 找到联结点.
Extract geometry from the images. 完全是图像的几何学.
This process is a very calculated process. 这个过程完全是个计算的过程.
In fact, it was always done manual. 实际上, 几乎都是通过人工去计算的.
Hollywood would spend millions of dollars to do a small urban corridor 好莱坞愿意花上百万美金去计算电影中的一个小市区走廊
for a movie because they'd have to do it manually. 因为他们必须用手工计算.
They'd drive the streets with lasers called LIDAR. 他们用激光扫描探测技术在街道上驾驶.
They'd collected information with photos. They'd manually build each building. 他们收集图片信息; 他们手工建造每个大楼.
We do this all through software, algorithms and math -- 我们做这些完全通过软件, 算法和数学.
a highly automated 4 pipeline 5 creating these cities. 一个高度自动化的流水线来建造这些城市.
We took a decimal point off what it cost to build these cities, 我们在建造这些城市的费用上加一个小数点.
and that's how we're going to be able to scale this out and make this reality a dream. 这就是我们为什么能把规模做大并且将现实转化成虚拟.
We think about the user interface 6. 我们考虑用户界面.
What does it mean to look at it from multiple perspectives? 采用多视角意味着什么?
An ortho-view, a nadir-view. How do you keep the precision of the fidelity 7 of the imagery 一个鸟瞰视角, 一个垂直俯视. 你要如何保持图像的精度的同时
while maintaining the fluidity of the model? 保持模型的流畅性?
I'll wrap up by showing you the -- 我会给你展示 --
this is a brand-new peek 8 I haven't really shown into the lab area of Virtual Earth. 这是个全新的俯视图我还没有放入虚拟地球的实验室区域.
What we're doing is -- people like this a lot, 我们要做的是 -- 人们喜欢这个
this bird's eye imagery we work with. It's this high resolution data. 我们要做的鸟瞰图. 是高解析度的数据.
But what we've found is they like the fluidity of the 3-D model. 但我们发现他们像三维模型的流畅度.
A child can navigate 9 with an Xbox controller or a game controller. 孩子们可以使用Xbox或游戏机去探索.
So here what we're trying to do is we bring the picture and project it into the 3-D model space. 这里,我们正尝试将图片映射到三维模型空间中.
You can see all types of resolution. From here, I can slowly pan the image over. 你可以看到所有的分辨率. 从这里,我可以慢慢平移图像.
I can get the next image. I can blend and transition. 我可以看到下一张图片, 我可以结合和过渡.
By doing this I don't lose the original detail. In fact, I might be recording 10 history. 做这些操作时,我不会损失任何细节. 实际上,我有可能在记录历史.
The freshness, the capacity. I can turn this image. 新奇,能力. 我可以转动这个图像.
I can look at it from multiple viewpoints and angles. 我可以查看多视点和多角度.
What we're trying to do is build a virtual world. 我们正在做的是, 打造一个虚拟世界.
We hope that we can make computing 11 a user model you're familiar with, 我们希望可以计算出一个你熟悉的用户模型.
and really derive 12 insights from you, from all different directions. 可以从你的角度,从所有不同的角度浏览.
I thank you very much for your time. 谢谢.
1 sibling
n.同胞手足(指兄、弟、姐或妹)
- Many of us hate living in the shadows of a more successful sibling.我们很多人都讨厌活在更为成功的手足的阴影下。
- Sibling ravalry has been common in this family.这个家里,兄弟姊妹之间的矛盾很平常。
2 rivalry
n.竞争,竞赛,对抗
- The quarrel originated in rivalry between the two families.这次争吵是两家不和引起的。
- He had a lot of rivalry with his brothers and sisters.他和兄弟姐妹间经常较劲。
3 helping
n.食物的一份&adj.帮助人的,辅助的
- The poor children regularly pony up for a second helping of my hamburger. 那些可怜的孩子们总是要求我把我的汉堡包再给他们一份。
- By doing this, they may at times be helping to restore competition. 这样一来, 他在某些时候,有助于竞争的加强。
4 automated
a.自动化的
- The entire manufacturing process has been automated. 整个生产过程已自动化。
- Automated Highway System (AHS) is recently regarded as one subsystem of Intelligent Transport System (ITS). 近年来自动公路系统(Automated Highway System,AHS),作为智能运输系统的子系统之一越来越受到重视。
5 pipeline
n.管道,管线
- The pipeline supplies Jordan with 15 per cent of its crude oil.该管道供给约旦15%的原油。
- A single pipeline serves all the houses with water.一条单管路给所有的房子供水。
6 interface
n.接合部位,分界面;v.(使)互相联系
- My computer has a network interface,which allows me to get to other computers.我的计算机有网络接口可以与其它计算机连在一起。
- This program has perspicuous interface and extensive application. 该程序界面明了,适用范围广。
7 fidelity
n.忠诚,忠实;精确
- There is nothing like a dog's fidelity.没有什么能比得上狗的忠诚。
- His fidelity and industry brought him speedy promotion.他的尽职及勤奋使他很快地得到晋升。
8 peek
vi.偷看,窥视;n.偷偷的一看,一瞥
- Larry takes a peek out of the window.赖瑞往窗外偷看了一下。
- Cover your eyes and don't peek.捂上眼睛,别偷看。
9 navigate
v.航行,飞行;导航,领航
- He was the first man to navigate the Atlantic by air.他是第一个飞越大西洋的人。
- Such boats can navigate on the Nile.这种船可以在尼罗河上航行。
10 recording
n.录音,记录
- How long will the recording of the song take?录下这首歌得花多少时间?
- I want to play you a recording of the rehearsal.我想给你放一下彩排的录像。
标签:
TED演讲