实战口语情景对话 第49期:环球旅行 World Traveller
时间:2018-12-18 作者:英语课 分类:实战口语情景对话
英语课
Todd: Tennessee! 田纳西!
Tenn: Yes! 我在!
Todd: We're gonna talk about sports. 我们来谈谈运动。
Tenn: OK. I'm not big on sports, but. 好的。但是我并不热衷运动。
Todd: OK, well, that's OK. So you, you don't like sports. 没关系。这么说,你不喜欢运动。
Tenn: Well, I like sports but I'm just not an avid 1 sports watcher. You know I would usually rather watch a movie or some kind of history program. 我喜欢运动,但我不是一个狂热的运动迷。我更愿意看电影或是历史纪录片。
Todd: Oh, OK. So you're into history. 这么说你喜欢历史。
Tenn: Oh, yes! 哦,是的!
Todd: OK. What kind of history? 好的。你喜欢什么样的历史?
Tenn: That's a kind of a difficult question. I would say, ah, interested, primarily 2 I interested in ancient and medieval 3 but I also like studying the history of the countries that I have visited, it makes it more interesting when I go sight-seeing. 这是个有难度的问题。前一阵子我喜欢古代和中世纪的历史,但我也喜欢研究我去过的国家的历史,这样我观光的时候会更有趣。
Todd: OK. What countries have you visited? 你去过哪些国家?
Tenn: I've been to 26 countries. 我去过26个国家。
Todd: Really! Oh, OK. Yeah, you can't name them all. 真的!好吧。这些国家你不可能都说一遍。
Tenn: The big ones I would say, I've been over a good bit of Europe, ah, Mexico, Peru, I spent almost a year in Egypt and I went to Isreal, Jordan, and now I'm here in Japan. I've been here in Japan for a year and a half. And while I have been here, I visited Korea for about a week. 我去过的国家有不少,我在欧洲待过很长的时间,我去过墨西哥,秘鲁,我在埃及待了近一年的时间,我还去过以色列,约旦。我现在在日本,我会在这儿待一年半的时间。在日本的这段时间,我还去韩国待了近一周。
Todd: OK. Wow. That's a lot so did you do the Pyramids in Egypt? 哇,你真是去过不少地方,你去埃及看金字塔了吗?
Tenn: Oh, yes. Actually, I climbed the pyramids. 哦,是的。实际上我还爬上金字塔了。
Todd: Oh, really. Nice. What's it like on the top? 哦,真的吗。太棒了。在塔顶上感觉怎么样?
Tenn: Very, very interesting. You can see, ah, it was during the summer so the visibility was rather low. 十分十分有趣。那时候是夏天,所以能见度很低。
Todd: Oh, OK. 哦,好的。
Tenn: But, to see, we were on The Great Pyramid, and the second Pyramid, Kefron, was right near by, and it is a very different perspective 4 to see it from, interesting to be eye-level, to be on the same level as the top of that second pyramid. 我们爬到了大金字塔上,第二高金字塔Kefron就在旁边,从我们这个视角看它真的很与众不同,我们是在与第二高的金字塔等高的位置去水平欣赏它的。
Todd: OK. Wow! So you were in Peru, right? 哇!你还去了秘鲁对吗?
Tenn: Yes. 是的。
Todd: OK. What's the big thing people see in Peru? 好的。秘鲁有什么可观光的?
Tenn: Machu Pichu. 马丘皮丘。
Todd: Machu Pichu. OK. What is Machu Pichu? 马丘皮丘,什么是马丘皮丘?
Tenn: Machu Pichu is the ruins of a city that was built by the Inca People. 马丘皮丘是印加人城市遗址。
Todd: OK. 好的。
Tenn: Over three...six hundred years ago, and was lost, no one knew what happened to it. until it was recently discovered about a hundred years ago. 它是六百多年前迷失的城市,没人知道那里发生了什么。知道一百年前人类发现了它。
Todd: OK. Wow. Nice. Alright, thanks a lot David 哇,真棒。好的,谢谢你大卫。
Tenn: Sure! 不客气!
Todd: Or Tennessee. 或者说谢谢田纳西。
1 avid
adj.热心的;贪婪的;渴望的;劲头十足的
- He is rich,but he is still avid of more money.他很富有,但他还想贪图更多的钱。
- She was avid for praise from her coach.那女孩渴望得到教练的称赞。
2 primarily
adv.首先,主要地,基本地
- The advertising campaign is aimed primarily at young people.这个广告宣传运动主要是针对年轻人的。
- I am primarily interested in history.我主要对历史感兴趣。
3 medieval
adj.中世纪的,中古(时代)的
- This is a medieval story.这是一个中世纪的故事。
- The museum has a fine collection of medieval ivories.该博物馆收藏着一批精美的中世纪象牙制品。
4 perspective
n.视角,观点,想法
- You can get a perspective of the whole city from here.从这里你可以看到城市的全景。
- We may get a clear perspective of the people's happy lives.我们知道人民对幸福生活的展望。
标签:
口语