听名著练听力之简爱篇 第97期
时间:2018-12-14 作者:英语课 分类:听名著练听力
Was 1 this what God 3 wanted me to do with my life 4? I felt afraid, thinking 5 that I might 6 not be able 7 to say "no" to St. John.
"St. John, don't choose me!" I cried. But I knew that St. John would 8 not understand my feelings 9. [-----1-----], no matter how bad it was.
"God wants you to be a missionary's wife 10--my wife," he continued 11. "Trust 12 in Him, Jane. Marry 13 me, to please God."
"St. John, I can't do that. I can't marry you and go to India 14. I'm not strong enough." I said 15 desperately 16.
"I know how hard you can work, Jane. You can help me with the India women, and teach English to many students." [-----2-----]. I believed 17 I could 18 live in India with St. John, because the work would be rewarding 19 and interesting. "Yes, I could do that. But I know he doesn't love me, and yet 20 he still asks me to marry him! Why?" I thought 22. After a while 23, I said.
"St. John, I will go with you to India, but as 2 your cousin, not as your wife."
He shook 24 his head. "No, Jane. As my cousin, you could marry some other man any time and leave me. I need a wife, who will obey 25 me and stay with my until 26 death 27."
Even 28 though 21 I did 29 not want to go, I felt St. John's power 30 over me already 31. "I could go with you to India as a friend, but [-----3-----]. I will always give my heart 32 to God, but you don't want it, St. John. You don't love me, and I don't love you," I said to him gently
- He got work in a hotel as a waiter.他在一家旅馆找到了当服务生的工作。
- In the hotel,the old men were drinking away as usual.在旅馆里,这些老人和往常一样喝个不停。
- God knows how the cat got up on the roof.只有天知道那只猫是怎样爬上房顶的。
- God wills that man should be happy.上帝愿人类幸福。
- The doctor came in time to save his life.医生及时来抢救他的生命。
- At last he knew the meaning of life.终于,他知道了生命的意义。
- All thinking men will protest against it.凡是有思想的人都会抗议这件事。
- Thinking is mainly performed with words and other symbols.思想主要是用言语和其他符号来表达的。
- It looks as if it might snow.看起来好像要下雪了。
- Might I ask a question?我能问个问题吗?
- How good and able he is!瞧他多能干啊!
- He is able to do this job well.他有能力做好这件工作。
- Why would you say that?为什么你会这么说?
- Would you please help me?你能帮帮我吗?
- She had feelings of guilt about leaving her children and going to work. 她因离开自己的孩子去工作而感到内疚。
- Are you being completely honest about your feelings? 你丝毫没有隐瞒你的感情吗?
- She is my wife.她是我妻子。
- He is a tall man but his wife is a short woman.他是个子很高的男人,但他妻子很矮。
- She continued to assert that she was innocent. 她仍然坚称自己无辜。
- Eyes downcast, she continued eating. 她低垂双眼,不停地吃。
- I would never trust in that kind of person.我绝不会相信那种人。
- In some things you must trust to your elders.有些事情你得依靠长辈。
- I want you for my wife; will you marry me?我希望你做我的妻子,你愿意和我结婚吗?
- John is going to marry Mary.约翰将要和玛丽结婚。
- New Delhi is the capital of India.新德里是印度的首都。
- In India,there are fifteen official languages.印度有15种官方语言。
- He said to me that he could not come.他对我说他不能来。
- He said to his mother that he would do it by himself.他对他的母亲说他将自己独立做那件事。
- He was desperately seeking a way to see her again.他正拼命想办法再见她一面。
- He longed desperately to be back at home.他非常渴望回家。
- They believed she was possessed by devils. 他们认为她是魔鬼附身。
- It would be interesting to know what he really believed. 了解他的真实信仰会是很有意思的。
- Could I open the window?我可以打开窗子吗?
- I could wait ten minutes.我可以等十分钟。
- Gardening is a very rewarding pastime.园艺劳动是非常有益的消遣。
- She finds motherhood very rewarding.她认为做母亲得偿所愿。
- I am not ready yet.我还没有准备好。
- Beautiful as she is,she didn't find a boyfriend yet.尽管她很漂亮,但还没找到男朋友呢。
- It's quite pleasant today,though the wind is rather cool.尽管风有点凉,今天天气还是很不错的。
- I will have a try even though I should fail.哪怕失败,我也要试一下。
- It was just a thought.这仅仅是一个想法。
- She thought he had a cold.她认为他感冒了。
- In a short while,the cat ate up the fish.不久,那只猫便将鱼吃个精光。
- He teaches English in the school all the while.他一直在这所学校里教英语。
- He grasped my hand and shook it warmly. 他热情地抓住我的手握了起来。
- She shook her head violently. 她拼命摇头。
- He arrived home until midnight.他直到半夜才到家。
- She didn't sleep until midnight.她直到半夜才睡。
- His death was a great shock to the family.他的死对他的家庭是一个很大的打击。
- I was shocked at the news of her death.我听到她去世的消息十分震惊。
- It was cold yesterday,but it's even colder today. 昨天冷,今天更冷了。
- He's the best teacher even though he has the least experience.尽管他经验最少,但教得最好。
- How many goals did you score in the last game?上一场比赛你们进了几个球?
- Why did you choose basketball in the first place?你为何首先选择篮球呢?
- He lost his power of speech.他失去了说话的能力。
- It is not in my power to do that.做那事非我力所能及。