这才叫浪漫
SCENE⑥ B 星期六晚上七点 在公园散步
【这才叫浪漫】
Sue: Flowers. Now that's romantic 1.
苏: 花。这才叫浪漫。
Rose: They're plastic and will never die. They're 1) supposed to be a symbol of endless love.
柔丝: 它们是塑胶的,永不凋谢。那些花象征永恒的爱。
Sue: The two of you were 2) definitely 2 3) made for each other. Thank God, my match-making work is over...Now 4) it's your turn.
苏: 你们两个真是天造地设的一对。谢天谢地,我不用再牵红线了……现在换你了。
Rose: What?
柔丝: 换我干嘛?
Sue: Do you have Don's number?
苏: 你有唐的电话吗?
语言详解
A: When were you supposed to pay your rent?
你本该何时付房租?
B: Last week I'm five days late.
上星期,我晚了五天。
【Now that's romantic. 这才叫浪漫】
Now that's...这样的句型所表达的意思,类似中文里头“这才像话”或是“这倒也说得过去”的语气。
A: I'm late to work because I had to take my child to school.
我是因为送小孩子上学才会上班迟到。
B: Now that's not a bad excuse. But I don't want to see you late again!
这个借口倒还不坏。但我不想再看到你迟到了!
1) be supposed to... 应该是……
2) definitely (adv.) 绝对地
3) made for each other 绝配,天生一对
4) it's your turn 该你了
- She thinks it will be romantic to be an actress.她认为当个女演员会很浪漫。
- Her husband is very romantic.她丈夫非常浪漫。
- The team will definitely lose if he doesn't play.如果他不参加比赛,这个队肯定会输。
- I shall definitely be home before six o'clock.6点以前,我一定回家。