今天晚上蛮冷的
SCENE⑤ F 晚上八点 演奏会上
【今天晚上蛮冷的】
Herbert: Oh, that's 1) music to my ears.
赫伯特: 噢,这话听起来真是太悦耳了。
Rose: It's really 2) chilly 1 tonight.
柔丝: 今天晚上蛮冷的。
Herbert: Here, why don't you have my 3) jacket.
赫伯特: 来,披上我的外套。
Rose: Oh, thanks, Herb.
柔丝: 谢谢你,赫伯。
Herbert: Maybe I can put my arm around you...
赫伯特: 或许我该搂着你……
语言详解
A: Here, try this jacket on.
来,穿这件夹克试试。
B: OK, just let me take off my sweater first.
好,先让我把毛衣脱掉。
【That's music to my ears. 我最爱听这种话了】
这句话的意思就是That's what I like to hear. 表示对方说的话,正好是自己喜欢听的,一如天籁般的悦耳。
A: I heard you're finishing up your dissertation 2 this month.
听说你们行销计划这个月就可以写完。
B: Ahhh. Say that again. That's music to my ears.
你再说一次。这话听起来真是太悦耳了。
1) music (n.) 音乐,对话里指的是“悦耳的话”。
2) Chilly (a.) 寒冷的
3) jacket (n.) 短上衣,外套
- I feel chilly without a coat.我由于没有穿大衣而感到凉飕飕的。
- I grew chilly when the fire went out.炉火熄灭后,寒气逼人。
- He is currently writing a dissertation on the Somali civil war.他目前正在写一篇关于索马里内战的论文。
- He was involved in writing his doctoral dissertation.他在聚精会神地写他的博士论文。