你最近过得还好吧?
SCENE② C 欢送会上 柔丝跟赫伯说话
【你最近过得还好吧?】
Rose: Hi, Herb.
柔丝: 嗨,赫伯。
Herbert: How are you?
赫伯特: 你好吗?
Rose: OK.
柔丝: 好。
Herbert: So you've been doing well?
赫伯特: 你最近过得还好吧?
Rose: Um, yes. I 1) guess you're moving soon.
柔丝: 嗯,还好。我想你很快就要搬走了。
Herbert: Um, to Hsinchu.
赫伯特: 嗯,去新竹。
Rose: Oh, I just wanted to say goodbye.
柔丝: 喔,我只是想说再见。
语言详解
A: There are no direct flights from Taiwan to Dallas.
没有从台湾到连拉斯的道航班机。
B: Then I guess I'll transfer in Tokyo.
那我猜我得在东京转机
【You've been doing well? 你最近还不错吧?】
这也是一句打招呼时会用到的话,令一个类似的说法是“一切都好吧?” All is well with you?
A: You've been doing well?
你最近还不错吧?
B: Pretty well. I can't complain.
还不坏。没什么需要抱怨的
1) guess (v.) 推断,猜测