TED演讲:内向性格的力量(11)
时间:2019-03-04 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲教育篇
英语课
And that's a lot harder for me, because as honored as I am to be here with all of you right now, this is not my natural milieu 1. 这不是我拿手的事情,但能站在这里向你们说话,能对在坐的各为传达我的想法,是何等荣耀的事情。
So I prepared for moments like these as best I could. 所以我尽我所能,为了这一天做好准备。
I spent the last year practicing public speaking every chance I could get. 我花了一整年的时间,积极练习公开演讲。
And I call this my "year of speaking dangerously." 我称这段时间为“惊险的演讲之年”。
And that actually helped a lot. 这其实对我帮助很大。
But I'll tell you, what helps even more is my sense, my belief, my hope 但让我获益最多的,是我的意识,我的信念,我的希望,
that when it comes to our attitudes to introversion 2 and to quiet and to solitude 3, we truly are poised 4 on the brink 5 on dramatic change. 我们对内向、沉默与独立者的态度,是可以被彻彻底底改变的。
I mean, we are. And so I am going to leave you now with three calls for action for those who share this vision. 所以,我要呼吁在座各位,如果你跟我有共鸣,请帮我传达三个宗旨:
Number one: Stop the madness for constant group work. Just stop it. Thank you. 第一点,不要再疯狂的过群体生活。赶紧停止吧。谢谢。
And I want to be clear about what I'm saying, because I deeply believe our offices should be encouraging casual, chatty cafe-style types of interactions 我想要再次重申,因为我深深相信,我们的工作环境应该鼓励轻松、休闲的聊天方式
you know, the kind where people come together and serendipitously 6 have an exchange of ideas. 像在喝下午茶一样自在,然后不经意地交换意见。
That is great. It's great for introverts 7 and it's great for extroverts 8. 那该有多美好,无论是对内向或是外向者。
But we need much more privacy and much more freedom and much more autonomy at work. School, same thing. 而且我们在工作上,需要有更多的隐私,自由与自主权。在学校也是一样。
We need to be teaching kids to work together, for sure, but we also need to be teaching them how to work on their own. 我们要教孩子们携手合作,但我们也要教他们如何自主作业。
This is especially important for extroverted 9 children too. 这对外向的儿童尤其重要。
They need to work on their own because that is where deep thought comes from in part. 他们需要学习自主独立,因为有深度的见解就是源自于此。
n.环境;出身背景;(个人所处的)社会环境
- Foods usually provide a good milieu for the persistence of viruses.食品通常为病毒存续提供了一个良好的栖身所。
- He was born in a social milieu where further education was a luxury.他生在一个受较高教育就被认为是奢侈的社会环境里。
n. [心理]内向性, 内省性
- The contrast between extroversion and introversion is entirely superficial. 在外向和内向之间所作的对比完全是表面的。
- The oft-drawn contrast extroversion and introversion is entirely superficial. 在外向和内向之间通常所作的对比完全是表面的。
n. 孤独; 独居,荒僻之地,幽静的地方
- People need a chance to reflect on spiritual matters in solitude. 人们需要独处的机会来反思精神上的事情。
- They searched for a place where they could live in solitude. 他们寻找一个可以过隐居生活的地方。
a.摆好姿势不动的
- The hawk poised in mid-air ready to swoop. 老鹰在半空中盘旋,准备俯冲。
- Tina was tense, her hand poised over the telephone. 蒂娜心情紧张,手悬在电话机上。
n.(悬崖、河流等的)边缘,边沿
- The tree grew on the brink of the cliff.那棵树生长在峭壁的边缘。
- The two countries were poised on the brink of war.这两个国家处于交战的边缘。
偶然发现的
- There was a serendipitous second advantage working with a library of equations. 利用方程库有个意外收获的附带好处。
- Strategic networking prepares us for serendipitous moments. 战略性人际交往让我们为不时之需做好准备。
性格内向的人( introvert的名词复数 )
- Extroverts tend to lack self-discipline while introverts lack courage. 性格外向的人缺乏自我约束力,而性格内向的人则缺乏勇气。
- I an introvert and introverts get drawn in. 我是个内向的人而且内向是天生的。
性格外向的人( extrovert的名词复数 ); 活跃、愉快、爱交际的人
- In the second half, the students were criticized. Extroverts were unfazed. 在后半部分,举不动时学生要受批评,外向性格的学生表现出不满。 来自英汉非文学 - 生命科学 - 大脑与疾病
- Extroverts prefer lively conversation to brooding on the meaning of life. 性格外向的人喜欢高谈阔论,而不愿思索人生的意义。
a.性格外向的
- Do you think you are introverted or extroverted? 你认为你性格内向还是外向?
- Are you introverted or extroverted? 你个性内向还是外向? 来自轻松英语会话---联想2000词(上)
标签:
TED演讲