小王子 第61期:沉默无言
英语课
"I shall not leave you," I said.
“我不离开你。”我说。
I shall look as if I were suffering. I shall look a little as if I were dying.
我将会象是很痛苦的样子…我有点象要死去似的。
It is like that. Do not come to see that. It is not worth the trouble...
就是这么回事,你就别来看这些了,没有必要。
I shall not leave you.
我不离开你。
But he was worried. I tell you it is also because of the snake.
可是他担心起来。我对你说这些这也是因为蛇的缘故。
He must not bite you. Snakes,they are malicious 1 creatures. This one might bite you just for fun...
别让它咬了你,蛇是很坏的,它随意咬人.
I shall not leave you.
我不离开你。
But a thought came to reassure 2 him: "It is true that they have no more poison for a second bite."
这时,他似乎有点放心了:“对了,它咬第二口的时候就没有毒液了。”
That night I did not see him set out on his way.
这天夜里,我没有看到他起程。
He got away from me without making a sound.
他不声不响地跑了。
When I succeeded in catching 3 up with him he was walking along with a quick and resolute 4 step.
当我终于赶上他的时候,他坚定地快步走着。
He said to me merely:"Ah! You are there... "
他只是对我说道:“啊,你在这儿…”
And he took me by the hand. But he was still worrying.
于是他拉着我的手。但是他仍然很担心:
It was wrong of you to come. You will suffer.
你不该这样。你会难受的。
I shall look as if I were dead;and that will not be true..." I said nothing.
“我会象是死去的样子,但这不会是真的…”我默默无言。
You understand,it is too far.
你明白,路很远。
I cannot carry this body with me. It is too heavy.
我不能带着这付身躯走。它太重了。
I said nothing."But it will be like an old abandoned shell. There is nothing sad about old shells... "I said nothing.
我依然沉默不语。“但是,这就好象剥落的旧树皮一样。旧树皮,并没有什么可悲的。”我依然沉默不语。
adj.有恶意的,心怀恶意的
- You ought to kick back at such malicious slander. 你应当反击这种恶毒的污蔑。
- Their talk was slightly malicious.他们的谈话有点儿心怀不轨。
v.使放心,使消除疑虑
- This seemed to reassure him and he continued more confidently.这似乎使他放心一点,于是他更有信心地继续说了下去。
- The airline tried to reassure the customers that the planes were safe.航空公司尽力让乘客相信飞机是安全的。
adj.易传染的,有魅力的,迷人的,接住
- There are those who think eczema is catching.有人就是认为湿疹会传染。
- Enthusiasm is very catching.热情非常富有感染力。
标签:
小王子