欧美名人演讲 第13期:威廉王子向中国人发表关爱野生动物演讲(1)
时间:2018-12-05 作者:英语课 分类:欧美名人演讲
英语课
Ladies and gentlemen, Never before have we had so many different ways to talk to one another.
女士们,先生们。我们同彼此交流的途径从未像今天这样多元化。
In the distant past, written documents would be carried by hand across thousands of miles from China to Western Europe.
在遥远的古代,人么需要亲手将书面文件从中国运送到数千里外的西欧。
Today, we access knowledge from all over the world, through our mobile 1 phones, at the tap of a key.
如今我们可以通过手机上的一个按键,获取来自全世界的知识。
Wherever you are watching this programme—whether in this hall, at work, with your friends, or at home with your families; Xiexie (thank you)
无论你们在哪里收看这期节目,是今天在这座大厅里,还是正在工作,是跟朋友在一起,还是在家中陪伴着家人。
Hen gaoxing he ni jianmian (I'm pleased to meet you)
谢谢,很高兴和你们见面。
Thank you for welcoming me into your homes.
感谢你们欢迎我来到你们的家。
Many of the most important conversations we have in our lives, take place in the family home.
我们人生中很多最重要的谈话都是在家中发生的。
The home is where we learn from our parents and grandparents,
家是我们向父母与祖父母学习的地方。
teach our own children, and share our stories and hopes for the future.
是我们教育子女的地方,是我们分享人生故事、共同憧憬未来的地方。
It is where many of our ideas and values are first kindles 2.
它是我们许多理念与价值,初次被点燃的地方。
In that spirit, there is one subject I believe we have to discuss, around our family tables and across the generations.
本着这一精神,我相信有一个主题是我们必须要在家中餐桌旁,几代人共同讨论的。
It concerns the future, and I know the Chinese are a far-sighted people.
它关乎未来,而我知道中国人民是充满远见的。
It concerns particularly the environment, and I know that protecting China's rich and beautiful natural heritage 3 is important to all Chinese families.
它尤为关乎我们的环境,而我知道保护中国富饶又美丽的环境遗产对所有中国家庭来说都是重要的议题。
It is the mass destruction 4 and trafficking of iconic endangered 5 species 6.
现在我们需要探讨一下大规模杀伤和贩运标志性濒危物种的话题了。
And it is time to talk about the growing human demand for illegal 7 wildlife products that drives the trade and makes it profitable 8.
我们需要探讨一下,正是因为人们对这些濒危物种制品的需求不断增加才驱动了贩卖野生动植物的交易,提高了它的经济价值。
1 mobile
adj.可移动的,易变的,机动的;n.运动物体
- The old lady sits on a mobile chair every morning.那位老妇人每天上午坐在一把可携带使用的椅子上。
- She's much more mobile now that she's bought a car.自从她买了汽车后,活动量就大多了。
2 kindles
(使某物)燃烧,着火( kindle的第三人称单数 ); 激起(感情等); 发亮,放光
- And as kindles hope, millions more will find it. 他们的自由又将影响周围,使更多的人民得到自由。
- A person who stirs up trouble or kindles a revolt. 煽动叛乱者,挑动争端者挑起麻烦或引起叛乱的人。
3 heritage
n.传统,遗产,继承物
- The ancient buildings are part of the national heritage.这些古建筑是民族遗产的一部分。
- We Chinese have a great cultural heritage.我们中国人有伟大的文化遗产。
4 destruction
n.破坏,毁灭,消灭
- The enemy bombs caused widespread destruction.敌人的炸弹造成大面积的破坏。
- Overconfidence was his destruction.自负是他垮台的原因。
5 endangered
adj.濒于灭绝的;(生命等)有危险的
- The health of our children is being endangered by exhaust fumes. 我们孩子们的健康正受到排放出的废气的损害。
- Poison gas blew off and endangered the lives of hundreds of persons. 毒气喷出来,危及几百人的生命。
6 species
n.物种,种群
- Are we the only thinking species in the whole of creation?我们是万物中惟一有思想的物种吗?
- This species of bird now exists only in Africa.这种鸟现在只存在于非洲。
7 illegal
adj.不合法的,非法的,犯法的
- I don't want to get mixed up with any illegal organization.我不想与任何非法组织有牵连。
- It's illegal for people under 17 to drive a car in Britain.在英国,不满17岁的人驾驶车辆是违法的。
8 profitable
adj.有益的,能带来利益的,有利可图的
- That business became profitable last year.那项生意去年变得很赚钱。
- The convention business is very profitable for the hotel industry.承办会议业务能给旅馆业带来很高的利润。
标签:
名人演讲