小王子 第53期:隐藏深处的秘密
英语课
When I was a little boy I lived in an old house, and legend told us that a treasure was buried there.
当我还是一个小孩子的时候,我住在一座古老的房子里,而且传说,这个房子里埋藏着一个宝贝。
To be sure, no one had ever known how to find it; perhaps no one had ever even looked for it.
当然,从来没有任何人能发现这个宝贝,可能,甚至也没有人去寻找过。
But it cast an enchantment 1 over that house.
但是,这个宝贝使整个房子着了魔似的。
My home was hiding a secret in the depths of its heart...
我家的房子在它的心灵深处隐藏着一个秘密…
"Yes," I said to the little prince. "The house, the stars, the desert– what gives them their beauty is something that is invisible!"
我对小王子说道:“是的,无论是房子,星星,或是沙漠,使它们美丽的东西是看不见的!”
"I am glad," he said, "that you agree with my fox."
“我真高兴,你和我的狐狸的看法一样。”小王子说。
As the little prince dropped off to sleep, I took him in my arms and set out walking once more.
小王子睡觉了,我就把他抱在怀里,又重新上路了。
I felt deeply moved, and stirred. It seemed to me that I was carrying a very fragile treasure.
我很激动。就好象抱着一个脆弱的宝贝。
It seemed to me, even, that there was nothing more fragile on all Earth.
就好象在地球上没有比这更脆弱的了。
In the moonlight I looked at his pale forehead, his closed eyes, his locks of hair that trembled in the wind, and I said to myself:
我借着月光看着这惨白的面额,这双紧闭的眼睛,这随风飘动的绺绺头发,这时我对自己说道:
What I see here is nothing but a shell. What is most important is invisible...
我所看到的仅仅是外表。最重要的是看不见的…
As his lips opened slightly with the suspicious of a half-smile,
由于看到他稍稍张开的嘴唇露出一丝微笑,
I said to myself, again: What moves me so deeply, about this little prince who is sleeping here,
我又自言自语地说:在这个熟睡了的小王子身上,
is his loyalty 2 to a flower– the image of a rose that shines through his whole being like the fame of a flamp, even when he is asleep...
使我非常感动的,是他对他那朵花的忠诚,是在他心中闪烁的那朵玫瑰花的形象。
And I felt him to be more fragile still.
我就感觉到他更加脆弱。
I felt the need of protecting him, as if he himself were a flame that might be extinguished by a little puff 3 of wind...
应该保护灯焰这朵玫瑰花,即使在小王子睡着了的时候,也象一盏灯的火焰一样在他身上闪耀着光辉。一阵风就可能把它吹灭…
And, as I walked on so, I found the well, at daybreak.
于是,就这样走着,我在黎明时发现了水井。
n.迷惑,妖术,魅力
- The beauty of the scene filled us with enchantment.风景的秀丽令我们陶醉。
- The countryside lay as under some dread enchantment.乡村好像躺在某种可怖的魔法之下。
n.忠诚,忠心
- She told him the truth from a sense of loyalty.她告诉他真相是出于忠诚。
- His loyalty to his friends was never in doubt.他对朋友的一片忠心从来没受到怀疑。
标签:
小王子