时间:2019-01-28 作者:英语课 分类:生活大爆炸第三季


英语课

   哇  谢尔顿  真不敢相信你居然自创了游戏


  Wow, Sheldon, I cannot believe you made up your own game.
  "研究实验室"可不仅仅是游戏
  Oh, "Research Lab" is more than a game.
  就像这标语写的  "物理虽然只存在于理论中
  It's like the slogan says: "The physics is theoretical,
  但其中的快乐却是实实在在的"
  but the fun is real."
  那我们现在肯定玩的不对
  We must not be playing it right.
  好  五
  All right, five.
  一  二  三  四  五
  One, two, three, four, five.
  喔  看呐
  Oh, wow, look at that.
  我的国防部科研资金再度下拨
  My Department of Defense 1 research grant is renewed.
  掷得好
  Oh! Great roll!
  现在你可以拆了你的苏式回旋加速器
  Now you can demolish 2 your Soviet-style cyclotron
  然后建造一个大型强子对撞机
  and build the large Hadron Collider.
  吔
  Yay.
  你玩这个很有天赋  佩妮
  You're a natural at this, Penny.
  作为首批第二版测试者  你们会在周日
  And as the first beta testers, you two'll have quite the edge
  与沃罗威茨和库萨帕里的对决上获得不小优势
  when we play with Wolowitz and Koothrappali on Sunday.
  天呐  谢尔顿
  Oh, gee 3, Sheldon,
  我不认为我们周日能来玩
  I don't think we can play on Sunday.
  为什么
  Why not?
  原因佩妮现在告诉你
  Because of the reasons that Penny will now tell you.
  佩妮
  Penny?
  事实上  我要去机场接我的朋友贾斯汀
  Actually, I have to pick up my friend Justin from the airport.
  听到了吧  她必须去机场接她的朋友贾斯汀
  There you go-- she has to pick up her friend Justin at the airport.
  而且我玩不了因为我要和她一起去  对吗
  And I can't play 'cause I'm going with her-- right?
  对  如果你想的话
  Um, yeah, if you want.
  我是说  车子也许没有空间了
  I mean, there may not be room.
  他带了好多东西  比如吉他和放大器什么的
  He's got a lot of stuff--like guitars and amplifiers...
  等等
  Wait.
  你在说什么呢
  What are you talking about?
  我朋友贾斯汀
  My friend Justin.
  注意力集中点  莱纳德
  Pay attention, Leonard.
  这是她周日不能来的原因
  That's why she can't play on Sunday.
  这个贾斯汀是谁
  Who is this Justin?
  -到你了  莱纳德  -我跟你提过他
  - Your turn, Leonard.  - I told you about him.
  -你没有  -掷骰子  莱纳德
  - No, you didn't. - Roll the dice 4, Leonard.
  有的  我一个来自奥马哈并玩吉他的朋友
  {\c plays the guitar.
  不论如何  他要来洛杉矶找些演奏的工作
  Anyway, he's coming to L.A. looking for some session work,
  所以我跟他说可以在我家的沙发上睡几个星期
  so I told him he could just crash on my couch for a few weeks.
  快点  莱纳德  如果你掷了六
  Come on, Leonard--if you roll a six,
  佩妮就会在核外泄中惨死
  Penny dies horribly in a nuclear meltdown.
  明白我为什么说乐趣是实实在在的了吗
  See what I mean when I say the fun is real?
  等等
  Hang on.
  某男要去睡你的沙发
  Some guy is going to be sleeping on your couch?
  他不是"某男"
  He's not "some guy."
  他是我朋友
  He's my friend.
  你说的"朋友"  是指"朋友般的朋友"
  So by "friend," do you mean "friend friend,"
  "同性恋朋友"还是
  "gay friend," or "ex-boyfriend
  "前男友兼现在你正柏拉图式暗恋
  "who you're now platonic 5 with
  且有可能发生关系的朋友"
  but still might have a thing for you friend"?
  他肯定不是同性恋
  Well, he's definitely not gay.
  肯定不是同性恋的音乐人
  Oh, ho-ho, a definitely not gay musician
  睡在我女朋友的沙发上
  sleeping on my girlfriend's couch.
  真开心
  Yippee.
  好吧  我们很久之前是曾经拍拖过
  Okay, we went out a little bit, a long time ago.
  但绝对不是正在拍拖
  But we were never like "going out."
  不是为了表示我很有学问  但是上一次我查证
  Okay, not to be pedantic 6, but last I checked
  "曾经拍拖"实际上是"正在拍拖的"过去式
  "went out" was in fact the past tense of "going out"--
  并且地球人都知道这是"坦诚相见"的
  which I think we all know is a popular euphemism 7
  委婉说法
  for "saw each other naked."
  干脆我来替你掷好了
  I'll just roll for you.
  你对贾斯汀跟我住有意见吗
  Do you have a problem with Justin staying with me?
  你当初是怎么想的
  What was your first clue?
  糟糕  工业事故
  Uh-oh! Industrial accident.
  告诉你  跟我说话的时候别把我当白痴
  You know what? Don't talk to me like I'm an idiot.
  我跟你说话时没把你当做白痴
  I'm not talking to you like you're an idiot!
  我是说这整件事很愚蠢
  I'm saying the whole idea is idiotic 8!
  "你一不小心直视氦氩激光
  "You accidentally stare at a helium-argon laser.
  暂停一轮并失去一只眼睛的视网膜"
  Lose one turn and a retina."
  难道你不是把我当白痴
  How is that not talking to me like I'm an idiot?
  那是我的朋友  我的沙发
  It's my friend, it's my couch,
  是我TM自己的生活
  and it's my freakin' life!
  也到你掷骰子了
  It's also your roll.
  没错  那是你的生活
  You know what? It is your life.
  你要是想让什么狗屁吉他手睡你的沙发上  随你
  If you want to have some stupid guitarist stay on your couch, then fine!
  那你干嘛不租几张
  Why don't you just rent
  双层床然后把黑眼豆豆请来
  some bunk 9 beds and invite The Black Eyed Peas?!
  听着  如果我想邀请整个洛拉帕罗扎音乐节的
  Hey, if I want to invite the entire lineup of Lollapalooza
  阵容来我公寓睡觉  我绝对会的
  to sleep in my apartment, I will,
  而且这与你无关
  and it's none of your business!
  你在听自己都说了些什么吗
  Are you listening to yourself?
  你知道你现在听起来是多么的小孩子气吗
  Do you know how childish you sound right now?
  哦  现在我变小孩子了
  Oh, now I'm a child?
  至少我再也不是白痴了
  Well, at least I'm not an idiot anymore!
  这两个词可不是互斥的
  The two aren't mutually exclusive!
  你真是个...
  Oh, you are such a--
  他这是TMD在干嘛呢
  What the hell is he doing?!
  他要把我们逼出去
  He's drowning us out.
  他不喜欢吵架
  He doesn't like fighting.
  谢尔顿  快停下来  吵架结束了
  Sheldon, just stop! Look, the fight is over!
  还有  仅供参考
  Oh, and FYI,
  你在遇到我之前根本就没听说过
  you never even heard of The Black Eyed Peas
  黑眼豆豆
  until you met me!
  我听说过他们
  I heard of 'em!
  只不过不知道他们是个组合罢了
  Didn't know they were a band.
  谢尔顿  她已经走了
  Sheldon, she's gone.
  你可以关掉搅拌机了
  You can turn off the blender.
  你的恋爱关系已经到了一定要丑陋结束的地步吗
  Has your relationship reached its inevitable 10 ugly end?
  不  我们只是有了点小争执
  No, we just had a little spat 11.
  往好的一面想想
  Look on the bright side.
  作为对佩妮的惩罚
  As a result of Penny's forfeit 12
  你成为了世界首位"研究实验室"的胜者
  you have become the world's first winner of "Research Lab."
  你要来份纪念沙冰吗
  Would you like a commemorative snow cone 13?
  我真不明白她怎么就这么直接宣布
  I don't get how she can just announce
  她的前男友要来睡她沙发上
  that an old boyfriend is going to be sleeping on her couch.
  我想到了一个在车里能玩的游戏
  Hey, I thought of a game we can play in the car.
  我不想玩游戏  谢尔顿
  I don't want to play a game, Sheldon.
  游戏名字叫"科学家"
  It's called "Scientists."
  现在  我会说出三个科学家的名字
  Now, I will name three scientists,
  然后你对他们排序
  then you will put them in order
  根据他们对各自领域的贡献大小
  of the size of their contribution to their respective fields.
  为了让这个游戏更有趣
  To make this game even more compelling,
  你必须只考虑这个人
  you must consider only the contribution
  对这个领域做出的贡献
  of the man to the field,
  不论这个领域的理论到底是对是错
  not the validity of the field itself.
  比如说阿布?穆萨?贾比尔?伊本?哈扬
  For example: Abu Musa Jabir ibn Hayyan
  对臭名昭著的炼金术做出的贡献
  made a greater contribution to the discredited 14 field of alchemy
  比霍伯特?范德普莱特在神经生物学中的贡献要大得多
  than Halbert Vanderplatt made to neurobiology.
  好了  准备好来点乐子了吗
  Okay, ready to have some fun?
  一个绝对不是同性恋的前男友
  An old boyfriend who's definitely not gay.
  还是人们最喜欢听的-- "绝对的"
  That's what a guy likes to hear-- "definitely."
  好的  我先来个简单的
  All right, I'll start with an easy one:
  艾萨克?牛顿  居里夫人和尼尔斯?玻尔
  Um, Isaac Newton, Madame Curie and Niels Bohr.
  然后我只说了一点点最后却成了坏人
  And then I say one little thing and I end up being the bad guy!
  提示  居里夫人有她的丈夫帮她
  Hint: Madame Curie had her husband to help her.
  我能说什么
  What am I supposed to say?
  当然  佩妮  你让旧相好在家过夜
  "Sure, Penny, I'm cool with your old boyfriend
  我完全没意见
  sleeping in your apartment."
  莱纳德  你有没有意见不重要
  "Well, Leonard, it doesn't matter if you're cool or not
  因为本美女佩妮
  "because I'm Penny and I'm pretty
  喜欢干啥就干啥
  and I can do whatever the hell I want!"
  我懂了
  "Oh, I get it!
  你觉得和我在一起
  "You think you're doing me a favor just by
  只是在同情我
  being in a relationship with me!"
  不  莱纳德  我能跟你同处一室
  "No, no, Leonard! I'doing you a favor
  就已经是同情你了
  just by being in the same room as you!"
  莱纳德  停车
  Leonard! Stop the car!
  怎么了
  What?
  我不想再听你们吵架了
  I can't listen to the two of you fight anymore.
  快  速度  要迟到了
  Come on, come on, we're late.
  淡定  我们能赶上电影
  Calm down. We'll make the movie.
  根据现在的情况  我的警告是对的
  I believe my alarm is appropriate,given the situation.
  电影17分钟后开始
  The movie starts in 17 minutes,
  也就是说我们得赶上科罗拉多大道的全部绿灯
  which means we'll need to make all the lights
  而且不能去买东西吃了
  on Colorado Boulevard, plus skip the concession 15 stand,
  开场前也不能去尿尿了
  and preshow urination.
  兄台  我刚灌下一瓶红牛时
  Oh, dude, I wish you had said something
  你咋不说话
  before I pounded that last Red Bull.
  走  恐龙战队  快
  Go, go, Power Rangers 16, go!
  嘿
  Hey.
  嘿
  Hey.
  我们赶着去看电影
  We're, uh, going to the movies.
  才怪
  No, we're not.
  我们站在走廊里
  We're standing 17 in the hallway,
  忍受你们尴尬的相遇
  suffering through an awkward encounter.
  等一下
  Hang on.
  新的《时光大盗》今天开映
  They're showing a new digital print of Time Bandits.
  你不会想看的  对吧
  You wouldn't want to come, would you?
  一点都不想
  Not really, no.
  好了  毫无意义的邀请说了
  All right, invitation pointlessly offered,
  不出意料地被谢绝了
  invitation declined as expected,
  大家都很文明  没有人吵架
  everyone's civil, nobody's fighting.
  晚上愉快
  Have a nice evening.
  就给我们一分钟
  Just give us a minute.
  你们慢慢谈

n.防御,保卫;[pl.]防务工事;辩护,答辩
  • The accused has the right to defense.被告人有权获得辩护。
  • The war has impacted the area with military and defense workers.战争使那个地区挤满了军队和防御工程人员。
v.拆毁(建筑物等),推翻(计划、制度等)
  • They're going to demolish that old building.他们将拆毁那座旧建筑物。
  • He was helping to demolish an underground garage when part of the roof collapsed.他当时正在帮忙拆除一个地下汽车库,屋顶的一部份突然倒塌。
n.马;int.向右!前进!,惊讶时所发声音;v.向右转
  • Their success last week will gee the team up.上星期的胜利将激励这支队伍继续前进。
  • Gee,We're going to make a lot of money.哇!我们会赚好多钱啦!
n.骰子;vt.把(食物)切成小方块,冒险
  • They were playing dice.他们在玩掷骰子游戏。
  • A dice is a cube.骰子是立方体。
adj.精神的;柏拉图(哲学)的
  • Their friendship is based on platonic love.他们的友情是基于柏拉图式的爱情。
  • Can Platonic love really exist in real life?柏拉图式的爱情,在现实世界里到底可能吗?
adj.卖弄学问的;迂腐的
  • He is learned,but neither stuffy nor pedantic.他很博学,但既不妄自尊大也不卖弄学问。
  • Reading in a pedantic way may turn you into a bookworm or a bookcase,and has long been opposed.读死书会变成书呆子,甚至于成为书橱,早有人反对过了。
n.婉言,委婉的说法
  • Language reflects culture and euphemism is a mirror of culture.语言反映文化,而婉语则是各种文化的一面镜子。
  • Euphemism is a very common and complicated linguistic phenomenon.委婉语是一种十分常见而又非常复杂的语言现象。
adj.白痴的
  • It is idiotic to go shopping with no money.去买东西而不带钱是很蠢的。
  • The child's idiotic deeds caused his family much trouble.那小孩愚蠢的行为给家庭带来许多麻烦。
n.(车、船等倚壁而设的)铺位;废话
  • He left his bunk and went up on deck again.他离开自己的铺位再次走到甲板上。
  • Most economists think his theories are sheer bunk.大多数经济学家认为他的理论纯属胡说。
adj.不可避免的,必然发生的
  • Mary was wearing her inevitable large hat.玛丽戴着她总是戴的那顶大帽子。
  • The defeat had inevitable consequences for British policy.战败对英国政策不可避免地产生了影响。
n.口角,掌击;v.发出呼噜呼噜声
  • Her parents always have spats.她的父母经常有些小的口角。
  • There is only a spat between the brother and sister.那只是兄妹间的小吵小闹。
vt.丧失;n.罚金,罚款,没收物
  • If you continue to tell lies,you will forfeit the good opinion of everyone.你如果继续撒谎,就会失掉大家对你的好感。
  • Please pay for the forfeit before you borrow book.在你借书之前请先付清罚款。
n.圆锥体,圆锥形东西,球果
  • Saw-dust piled up in a great cone.锯屑堆积如山。
  • The police have sectioned off part of the road with traffic cone.警察用锥形路标把部分路面分隔开来。
不足信的,不名誉的
  • The reactionary authorities are between two fires and have been discredited. 反动当局弄得进退维谷,不得人心。
  • Her honour was discredited in the newspapers. 她的名声被报纸败坏了。
n.让步,妥协;特许(权)
  • We can not make heavy concession to the matter.我们在这个问题上不能过于让步。
  • That is a great concession.这是很大的让步。
护林者( ranger的名词复数 ); 突击队员
  • Do you know where the Rangers Stadium is? 你知道Rangers体育场在哪吗? 来自超越目标英语 第3册
  • Now I'm a Rangers' fan, so I like to be near the stadium. 现在我是Rangers的爱好者,所以我想离体育场近一点。 来自超越目标英语 第3册
n.持续,地位;adj.永久的,不动的,直立的,不流动的
  • After the earthquake only a few houses were left standing.地震过后只有几幢房屋还立着。
  • They're standing out against any change in the law.他们坚决反对对法律做任何修改。
标签: 生活大爆炸
学英语单词
absolute dry fiber
accretion account
aguas belas
akagera
al hufuf (hofuf)
analysers
artery forceps
back swimmer
bifidocalyx
bit machine
block performance analysis
board trading
body of ilium
bosie ball
burning characteristic
CDDL
chain cut
charging voltage
classical gymnasium
cocktail dresses
coefficient of air infiltration
coil of strip
constant navigation
corticotropin releasing hormone test
cricket balls
data network identification code
desert pea
dioptric system
dodecastyles
eeiba
Elkesley
extrainterpolation
feel chagrined at
felt-cloth
fluorochrome
fresh start
fuzzy retrieval language
garmin
genus orchestias
get next to sb
ginkgo leaf
give sb. the frozen mit
hard drawn copper pipe
healthy
hedus
heow
high frequency tank circuit
hringbrot (iceland)
hurryings
inertio-gravitational wave
instantaneous recorder
interest
Isle Royale National Park
Katsushika Hokusai
lacertid lizard
Liparis odorata
liquefied propane gas (lpg)
litho oil
LMBO
lupinine
Lydbrook
malie
Mananthes acutangula
marine parade
metaxu
mowras
museos
naoliqing pills
negaholic
nehydrin
Netsh
nondissociative
operating fork return spring
ostwald dilution law
overnoon
per tertiam intentionem
politenesses
polypharmacal
Portugals
psalmodies
radial test
release course
reportorial
Roccus saxatilis
rolling cutter transporting unit of tbm
rubel
semi-positive mold
slip-on
soggy bread
South Flevoland
stachybotrys nilagirica
stage washer
strength freeboard
surplus in preceding fiscal year
symbiote
thermal dilatation
tonicified
UCRE
ungodly hour
watet
welding micrometer
xlviiiest