时间:2019-01-28 作者:英语课 分类:生活大爆炸第三季


英语课

   伙计们好


  Hey, fellas.
  这是在下的女友伯纳黛特
  This is my girlfriend Bernadette.
  在下的女友伯纳黛特
  My girlfriend Bernadette.
  他们都是谁
  Who are all those people?
  不知道
  Have no idea.
  好啊  莱纳德
  Hey, Leonard.
  好  瞧瞧
  Hi. Hey, look,
  这不是霍华德的女友伯纳黛特嘛
  it's Howard and his girlfriend Bernadette.
  带这位小美人逛逛这老盐矿
  Thought I'd give the little woman a tour of the old salt mines.
  他说的不是盐矿
  He doesn't mean salt mines.
  他说的是工作地点
  He means where he works.
  对  我知道
  Yeah, no, I got it.
  你的实验进展如何
  So, how's your experiment going?
  很顺利
  Ah, terrific.
  我们正在准备电子加速器
  We're getting the electron accelerator set up.
  后天就能准备好
  We should be ready to go day after tomorrow.
  真想见识一下
  Boy, I'd love to see that.
  欢迎你来
  You're welcome to come.
  真的吗  太好了
  Really? Oh, that'd be great.
  多兴奋啊
  How exciting is that?
  简直就像七月过光明节一样
  Like Hanukkah in July.
  七月有光明节吗
  Do they have that?
  没有
  No.
  又被你糊弄了
  You got me again.
  这不是脱脂酸奶
  This isn't non-fat yogurt.
  简直全是脂肪
  This is fatty fat fat.
  失陪一下
  Excuse me.
  心肝儿  能帮我拿张餐巾吗
  Could you grab me another napkin, sweetie?
  -当然可以  -谢谢  宝贝
  - Sure. - Thanks, honey.
  说  你打什么如意算盘
  All right, what is your deal?
  你说什么
  Excuse me?
  邀请我女朋友
  Inviting 1 my girlfriend
  去看你的电子加速器
  to come see your electron accelerator?
  怎么了
  Yeah? So?
  你真有两下子
  You really are a piece of work.
  舞会皇后
  It's not enough
  被你弄到手还不满意
  you get the prom queen, you have to get
  你还想抢走陪衬头牌呢
  the head of the decorating committee, too?
  你在说什么呢
  What are you talking about?
  别跟我装无辜
  Don't play innocent with me.
  用神奇实验设备勾引女人
  I practically invented
  这招是我发明的
  using fancy lab equipment to seduce 2 women.
  成功过吗
  Has it ever worked?
  目前没有  重点不是这个
  Not so far, but that's not the point!
  霍华德  别紧张
  Howard, relax.
  我对你女朋友没兴趣
  I'm not interested in your girlfriend.
  最好如此
  I hope not.
  你不会想跟我瞎搅和
  Because you don't want to mess with me.
  我可是疯子
  I'm crazy.
  我相信你
  I believe you.
  实验日志  第一篇
  Research journal, entry one.
  我准备开展
  I'm about to embark 3 on one of
  科学生涯中的巨大挑战之一
  the great challenges of my scientific career:
  教佩妮物理学
  teaching Penny physics.
  我称之为大猩猩工程
  I'm calling it Project Gorilla 4.
  好啊  谢尔顿
  Hey, Sheldon.
  请进  坐吧
  Come in. Take a seat.
  实验目标已到
  Subject has arrived.
  我亲切地欢迎她
  I've extended a friendly casual greeting.
  准备好开始了吗
  Ready to get started?
  稍等
  One moment.
  目标气色很好  也很热情
  Subject appears well-rested and enthusiastic.
  显然  无知是福
  Apparently 5, ignorance is bliss 6.
  好吧  我们开始
  All right, let us begin.
  你的笔记本呢
  Where's your notebook?
  我没笔记本
  Um, I don't have one.
  那你咋记笔记
  How are you going to take notes without a notebook?
  还得记笔记吗
  I have to take notes?
  不然你怎么考试
  How else are you gonna study for the tests?
  最好还要考试吗
  There's gonna be a test?
  可不止一次考试
  Test-sss.
  给
  Here.
  这是大学规定
  It's college-ruled.
  希望没吓着你
  I hope that's not too intimidating 7.
  多谢你的体贴
  Thank you.
  不客气
  You're welcome.
  现在开始讲物理学入门
  Now, Introduction to Physics.
  什么是物理
  What is physics?
  物理这个词来源于古希腊语中的"physika"
  Physics comes from the ancient Greek word "physika."
  你该记笔记了
  It's at this point that you'll want to start taking notes.
  "Physika"是指自然科学
  "Physika" means the science of natural things.
  而就在那遥远的古希腊  我们的旅程开始了
  And it is there, in ancient Greece, that our story begins.
  -靠  古希腊  -嘘
  - Ancient Greece?!  - Hush 8.
  有问题  先举手
  If you have questions, raise your hand.
  那是在大约公元前600年的一个仲夏夜
  It's a warm summer evening, circa 600 BC.
  当你从集市[古希腊圣贤集会所]购物归来
  You've finished your shopping at the local market, or Agora...
  抬头仰望夜空
  ...And you look up at the night sky.
  突然  你发现星星在游弋
  There you notice some of the stars seem to move,
  于是  你将他们命名为"行星"或"漫游者"
  So you name them "planetes," or "wanderer".
  佩妮同学  有问题吗
  Yes, Penny?
  这和莱纳德的研究有什么关系
  Um, does this have anything to do with Leonard's work?
  这是一个历时2600年的旅程
  This is the beginning of a 2,600-year journey
  我们慢慢讲  不急
  We're going to take together
  追溯到古希腊
  From the ancient Greeks
  从艾萨克?牛顿到尼尔斯?玻尔[原子理论和量子力学的创始人]
  Through Isaac Newton to Niels Bohr
  再到埃尔文?薛定谔[创立波动力学]
  To Erwin Schrodinger
  再到荷兰研究学派
  To the Dutch researchers
  莱纳德近来就在重复他们的研究呢
  That Leonard is currently ripping off.
  居然有2600年
  2,600 years?
  没错  可能有些许误差
  Yeah, give or take.
  正如我之前所说  在那遥远的古希腊
  As I was saying, it's a warm summer evening
  一个氤氲的仲夏夜
  In ancient Greece...
  怎么了  佩妮同学
  Yes, Penny?
  我要去洗手间
  I have to go to the bathroom.
  你就不能憋一下吗
  Can't you hold it?
  我可憋不了2600年
  Not for 2,600 years.
  大猩猩实验  日志2
  Project Gorilla, entry two.
  我被榨干了
  I am exhausted 9.
  -霍华德  -怎么
  - Howard?  - Huh?
  这个要从前面解开的
  It unhooks in the front.
  难怪啊
  Oh, that explains a lot.
  霍华德  我回来了
  Howard, I'm home!
  整栋楼都听到了
  Of course.
  老年健身取消了
  Senior fitness was cancelled.
  我发现原来还真会忘了怎么骑车
  It turns out you can forget how to ride a bike.
  我是没啥  但山姆?哈普蒂安摔了个嘴啃泥
  I'm fine, but, oy, did Sam Harpootian eat gravel 10.
  太棒了  娘
  That's great, Ma!
  80多的亚美尼亚老人摔断了半边下巴
  What's great about an 80-year-old Armenian man
  有什么可棒的
  With half his chin scraped off?!
  我想我得走了
  I guess I should go.
  不  别动
  No, no, don't move.
  娘  晚饭我想吃炖羊肉
  Hey, Ma, can I have lamb stew 11 for dinner?
  炖羊肉  那我还得去超市买
  Lamb stew? I'd have to go to the supermarket.
  帮帮忙啦
  Please?
  我真的很想吃嘛
  I got a real hankering.
  噢  我最疼我家小屁脸宝贝了
  Oh, I can't say no to my little tushy face.
  我很快回来
  I'll be back soon.
  多谢啦  娘
  Thanks, Ma.
  你要家常豌豆还是拉素豌豆[豌豆的一种]
  Do you want the regular peas or the Le Seur?
  平时不都是加拉素豌豆的吗
  Always Le Seur peas with lamb stew!
  好吧  你总是说得有理
  You're right! When you're right, you're right!
  如果拉素豌豆卖完了咋办
  What if they're out of the Le Seur?
  那就买家常的啊
  Then get the regular!
  好吧  你别冲我吼啊
  All right! You don't have to yell!
  抱歉
  Sorry about that.
  我来调成震动
  Let me just put that on vibrate.
  我早就调好啦
  I'm already on vibrate.
  这个我可听懂了

adj.诱人的,引人注目的
  • An inviting smell of coffee wafted into the room.一股诱人的咖啡香味飘进了房间。
  • The kitchen smelled warm and inviting and blessedly familiar.这间厨房的味道温暖诱人,使人感到亲切温馨。
vt.勾引,诱奸,诱惑,引诱
  • She has set out to seduce Stephen.她已经开始勾引斯蒂芬了。
  • Clever advertising would seduce more people into smoking.巧妙策划的广告会引诱更多的人吸烟。
vi.乘船,着手,从事,上飞机
  • He is about to embark on a new business venture.他就要开始新的商业冒险活动。
  • Many people embark for Europe at New York harbor.许多人在纽约港乘船去欧洲。
n.大猩猩,暴徒,打手
  • I was awed by the huge gorilla.那只大猩猩使我惊惧。
  • A gorilla is just a speechless animal.猩猩只不过是一种不会说话的动物。
adv.显然地;表面上,似乎
  • An apparently blind alley leads suddenly into an open space.山穷水尽,豁然开朗。
  • He was apparently much surprised at the news.他对那个消息显然感到十分惊异。
n.狂喜,福佑,天赐的福
  • It's sheer bliss to be able to spend the day in bed.整天都可以躺在床上真是幸福。
  • He's in bliss that he's won the Nobel Prize.他非常高兴,因为获得了诺贝尔奖金。
vt.恐吓,威胁( intimidate的现在分词)
  • They were accused of intimidating people into voting for them. 他们被控胁迫选民投他们的票。
  • This kind of questioning can be very intimidating to children. 这种问话的方式可能让孩子们非常害怕。
int.嘘,别出声;n.沉默,静寂;v.使安静
  • A hush fell over the onlookers.旁观者们突然静了下来。
  • Do hush up the scandal!不要把这丑事声张出去!
adj.极其疲惫的,精疲力尽的
  • It was a long haul home and we arrived exhausted.搬运回家的这段路程特别长,到家时我们已筋疲力尽。
  • Jenny was exhausted by the hustle of city life.珍妮被城市生活的忙乱弄得筋疲力尽。
n.砂跞;砂砾层;结石
  • We bought six bags of gravel for the garden path.我们购买了六袋碎石用来铺花园的小路。
  • More gravel is needed to fill the hollow in the drive.需要更多的砾石来填平车道上的坑洼。
n.炖汤,焖,烦恼;v.炖汤,焖,忧虑
  • The stew must be boiled up before serving.炖肉必须煮熟才能上桌。
  • There's no need to get in a stew.没有必要烦恼。
标签: 生活大爆炸