生活大爆炸第三季第十六集_2
时间:2019-01-28 作者:英语课 分类:生活大爆炸第三季
英语课
没什么大不了的
It's not that big a deal.
你只要周四去法院
You just go down to the court on Thursday
交罚金就行
and you pay the fine.
我才不去交罚金
I'm not going to pay a fine.
那就说明我有罪
That would imply I'm guilty.
你确实有罪
You are guilty.
[《法律与秩序》的主题曲]
这个我喜欢
That one I liked.
我是无罪的
I am not guilty.
我只有实习驾照
I only have a learner's permit.
佩妮教我的
Penny was the teacher.
转黄灯时 她就说"快快快"
When the light turned yellow she said "Go,go,go."
于是我就"开开开"
So I went,went,went.
谢尔顿 对不起
Sheldon,I'm sorry.
我会还你罚金的钱
I'll be happy to reimburse 1 you for the fine.
只要我能参演一部电影
You know,as soon as I get a part in a movie
或者自己拍个电视剧
or my own TV series.
不用你还 因为我不会交的
You don't need to reimburse me because I'm not paying.
周四那天 我会去法院
On Thursday,I will have my day in court
正义会得到伸张
and justice will be done.
我现在就着手准备辩护
In fact,I'm going to begin preparing my defense 2 right now.
他坐定牢了
Okay,he's going to jail.
对哦
Oh,that's right.
周四是斯坦?李签名日
Thursday is Stan Lee Day.
看到你做的好事了吧
Now you see what you've done?
就因为你 我们都见不到斯坦?李了
Because of you,we're all going to miss Stan Lee.
你说"都"是什么意思
What do you mean "all?"
你们是我朋友啊
Well,you're my friends.
你们要站在我旁边 支持我
You'll be standing 3 by my side,supporting me,
为我提供案例
feeding me legal precedents 4,
你们上身要是够壮
and if you had the upper body strength,
我胜诉时 可以把我搁肩膀上扛出去
carrying me out on your shoulders when I'm victorious 5.
这个嘛 不行
Yeah,okay. No.
你是说我为自己辩护时
Are you saying that you will not stand beside me
你不会来站在我身边吗
as I plead my case?
是这个意思
That's what I'm saying.
霍华德
Howard?
斯坦?李 法庭上的你
Uh,Stan Lee,or you in court.
要是《苏菲的选择》有这么简单
Uh,if this was Sophie's Choice
电影就不会那么长了 不行
it would've been a much shorter movie. No.
拉杰
Raj?
你会来吧
You'll be there,won't you?
那好吧
All right,then.
我所谓的朋友都抛弃了我
My so-called friends have forsaken 6 me.
看来只剩我和目击证人了
So,I guess it'll just be me and my eyewitness 7.
晕死
Oh,balls.
请着装得体一点
Please try to wear something appropriate.
要是法官只顾着想
It won't help my case
你屁股上'美味多汁'的意思
if the judge is busy trying to read the word "Juicy"
对我的案子没好处
scrawled 9 across your buttocks.
佩妮
Penny.
佩妮
Penny.
佩妮
Penny.
节奏不对
That's just wrong.
好了 走吧
All right,let's go.
等一下
Wait,hold on.
去法院之前
Before we get to the courthouse,
我想看一下你的演技
I'd like to call on your skills as an actress.
这是什么
What is this?
我冒昧地
I've taken the liberty
为你起草了出庭作证的剧本
of scripting your appearance on the witness stand
面对现实 你有点我行我素
because,let's face it,you're somewhat of a loose cannon 10.
别担心 都是用你的方言写的
{\c it's written in your vernacular 11.
我们排练一下如何
So shall we rehearse?
我有得选吗
Do I have a choice?
你当然有选择权
Well,of course you have a choice.
虽然我们生活在宿命里
Although we live in a deterministic universe,
但每个人都有自由选择的权力
each individual has free will.
给我坐下
Now,sit down.
请你回忆下
I call your attention
11月16日发生的事
to the events of November 16.
你记得那天吗
Do you remember that date?
废话 我记得
"Darn tootin',I do.
请法官原谅我家乡内布拉斯加
"If the court will excuse my homespun,
粗俗简朴的语言
corn-fed Nebraskan turn of phrase."
很好 继续
Excellent. Go on.
我记得那天
"The reason that date is,like,
而且铭记在我的脑子里
"so totally fixed 12 in my memory
是因为我有幸目睹了
"is that I had the privilege to be witness
毕生从未见过的英勇行为
to one of the most heroic acts I've ever seen in,like,ever."
谁的英勇行为
"And who performed that heroic act?"
您的啊 阁下
"Why,you did,sir.
您 谢尔顿?库珀博士
"You. Dr. Sheldon Cooper.
而且我想说 我很荣幸认识您
And may I add,it is a privilege to know you."
不必称赞我
"There's no need for compliments.
法庭只看重事实
This court is only interested in the facts."
但感觉很荣幸能认识您啊也是个事实啊
"But it is a fact that it's a privilege to know you.
真的
Totally."
一滴泪从我面颊流下
A teardrop rolls down my cheek?!
纯属建议
Only a suggestion.
喉咙哽咽一下也可以
A catch in your throat would work just as well.
但我感觉
"But it is a fact
很荣幸能认识您啊也是个事实啊
"that it's a privilege to know you.
真的
Totally."
你还是穿"美味多汁"的裤子吧
Maybe you should put on your "Juicy" pants again.
去交罚金
Pay the cashier.
谢尔顿?库珀
Sheldon Cooper.
早上好 法官大人
Good morning,Your Honor.
我是谢尔顿?库珀博士
Dr. Sheldon Cooper
自我辩护
appearing in pro 8 se.
也就是说 代表我自己
That is to say,representing himself.
我知道什么意思
I know what it means.
我读过法律学校
I went to law school.
结果却在审理交通法庭
And yet you wound up in traffic court.
不管怎样
Anyway,
法官允许的话
if it would please the court,
我想做个开庭陈述
I'd like to begin with an opening statement.
法官会建议你简短点
The court would advise you to make it quick,
因为法官早上吃了可能馊了的玉米煎饼
as the court had a dicey-looking breakfast burrito this morning
而且刚吃了易蒙停(止泻药)
and just took an Imodium.
快速的开场陈述
A quick opening statement.
如同一个挤奶凳
Like a milking stool,
本案有三个
my case rests on
立足点
three legs.
我要论证的是
I will demonstrate
我在驾驶过程中 受到一个女人的误导
that I was improperly 13 instructed in driving
这个女人缺乏社会上
by a woman whose lack of respect for society
对反社会界定的基本认识
borders on the sociopathic.
我要争辩的是
I will argue
紧急情况下的法律原理
that the emergency met the legal doctrine 14
是需要即合法[拉丁文]
of quod est necessarium est licitum--
也就是需要即合法
that which is necessary is legal.
但首先
But first,
我要提出第六条修正案[美国权利法案]
I will raise a Sixth Amendment 15 issue.
我无法与控方对峙
I'm unable to confront my accuser,
因为控方是一台非人类机器
a non-human entity,to wit,
也就是摄像机
a camera.
所以 综上所述
So,to sum up:
错误指导
{\c
加上"需要即合法"的原理
{\c
还有第六条修正案
Sixth Amendment.
我的挤奶凳辨述完毕
My milk stool is complete.
佩服佩服
Impressive.
谢谢
Thank you.
罪名成立
Guilty.
去付钱吧
Pay the cashier.
我反对
I object.
你这是在无视法律
You're completely ignoring the law.
不 我遵守法律
No,I'm following the law.
只是在无视你
I'm ignoring you.
是吗
Really?
提醒你一下 我可是业内顶尖人士
I would point out that I am at the top of my profession,
你却坐在桌子后面过家家
while you preside over the kiddy table of yours.
库珀博士 我给你个机会为你最后的言论道歉
Dr. Cooper,before I find you in contempt
不然我要视你为蔑视法庭
and throw you in jail,I'm going to give you a chance
把你扔进监狱
to apologize for that last remark.
我可是个科学家
I am a scientist.
我才不会为陈述事实而道歉
I never apologize for the truth.
那是我的位置
That's my spot.
我等不及要问斯坦?李
I can't wait to ask Stan Lee
为什么他笔下每个角色的姓和名
why he insists on giving all his characters first and last names
开头字母都是一样的
that start with the same letter.
[以下均为惊奇漫画人物]
得了 你这是何必
Oh,come on. Why would you do that?
分别出自《绿巨人》和《神奇四侠》
布鲁斯?班纳 里德?理查
Bruce Banner,Reed Richards,
分别出自《神奇四侠》和《怪谈故事》
后者为惊奇的系列漫画
苏珊?斯汤 斯蒂芬?史催博士
Sue Storm,Stephen Strange,
分别出自《蜘蛛侠》和《神奇四侠》
奥拓?八爪博士和银影侠
Otto Octavius,Silver Surfer,
出自《蜘蛛侠》
彼得?帕克 还有最夸张的
Peter Parker,oh,and worst of all,
出自《神奇的蜘蛛侠》
小约翰?约拿?詹姆森
J. Jonah Jameson,Jr.
好吧 我要插在你前面
Okay,I'm cutting.
免得斯坦?李被你惹毛了我遭殃
I'm not gonna talk to Stan Lee after you cheese him off.
v.补偿,付还
- We'll reimburse you for your travelling expenses.我们将付还你旅费。
- The funds are supposed to reimburse policyholders in the event of insurer failure.这项基金将在保险公司不能偿付的情况下对投保人进行赔付。
n.防御,保卫;[pl.]防务工事;辩护,答辩
- The accused has the right to defense.被告人有权获得辩护。
- The war has impacted the area with military and defense workers.战争使那个地区挤满了军队和防御工程人员。
n.持续,地位;adj.永久的,不动的,直立的,不流动的
- After the earthquake only a few houses were left standing.地震过后只有几幢房屋还立着。
- They're standing out against any change in the law.他们坚决反对对法律做任何修改。
引用单元; 范例( precedent的名词复数 ); 先前出现的事例; 前例; 先例
- There is no lack of precedents in this connection. 不乏先例。
- He copied after bad precedents. 他仿效恶例。
adj.胜利的,得胜的
- We are certain to be victorious.我们定会胜利。
- The victorious army returned in triumph.获胜的部队凯旋而归。
n.目击者,见证人
- The police questioned several eyewitness to the murder.警察询问了谋杀案的几位目击者。
- He was the only eyewitness of the robbery.他是那起抢劫案的唯一目击者。
n.赞成,赞成的意见,赞成者
- The two debating teams argued the question pro and con.辩论的两组从赞成与反对两方面辩这一问题。
- Are you pro or con nuclear disarmament?你是赞成还是反对核裁军?
乱涂,潦草地写( scrawl的过去式和过去分词 )
- I tried to read his directions, scrawled on a piece of paper. 我尽量弄明白他草草写在一片纸上的指示。
- Tom scrawled on his slate, "Please take it -- I got more." 汤姆在他的写字板上写了几个字:“请你收下吧,我多得是哩。”
n.大炮,火炮;飞机上的机关炮
- The soldiers fired the cannon.士兵们开炮。
- The cannon thundered in the hills.大炮在山间轰鸣。
adj.地方的,用地方语写成的;n.白话;行话;本国语;动植物的俗名
- The house is built in a vernacular style.这房子按当地的风格建筑。
- The traditional Chinese vernacular architecture is an epitome of Chinese traditional culture.中国传统民居建筑可谓中国传统文化的缩影。
adj.固定的,不变的,准备好的;(计算机)固定的
- Have you two fixed on a date for the wedding yet?你们俩选定婚期了吗?
- Once the aim is fixed,we should not change it arbitrarily.目标一旦确定,我们就不应该随意改变。
不正确地,不适当地
- Of course it was acting improperly. 这样做就是不对嘛!
- He is trying to improperly influence a witness. 他在试图误导证人。
n.教义;主义;学说
- He was impelled to proclaim his doctrine.他不得不宣扬他的教义。
- The council met to consider changes to doctrine.宗教议会开会考虑更改教义。
标签:
生活大爆炸