外贸口语一点通第199期:货物保险之类型选择
时间:2019-01-23 作者:英语课 分类:外贸英语一点通
英语课
Choose a type of insurance
类型选择
A: Have you taken out insurance yet on the shipment?
您是否已经替这批货投保了?
B: Yes, we talked about it with our underwriter, and we think that we should get a policy for total loss only.
是的,我们和保险公司谈过,觉得应该投保全损险。
A: Why TLO? That only helps if the goods are destoryed, or damaged so badly that they can't be used.
为何要投全损险?这种险只有在货物全毁或破损到不能使用的情况下才有用啊。
B: We have shipped a lot of goods. We think TLO is the best policy for shipment. Trust us, please.
我们出过很多货,我们觉得全损险对这批货是最合适的。请相信我们。
A: OK, we'll trust you this time.
好吧,这次就听你们的。
B: Thanks, there is really no need to worry. Our company has never lost money because of under insurance. Your shipment is secure.
谢谢。真的不用担心。我们公司从来没有因为不足额保险而造成损失过。您的货不会有问题的。
背景知识认知:
1. TLO是“a policy for total loss”的缩写,意为“全损险”。全损险是指全部损失、实际损失和推定全损的总称,是海洋运输货物保险的主要险种之一。
2. under insurance 不足额保险
eg. We don't want to take the risk of losing money because of under insurance.
我们不想冒因投保不足而造成损失的风险。
eg. In the case of under-insurance, the insurer shall acquire the right to the subject matter insured in the proportion that the insured amount bears to the insured value.
但是,在不足额保险情况下,保险人按照保险金额与保险价值的比例取得对保险标的的部分权利。
3. underwriter
n. 保险公司;保险业者;承诺支付者;担保人
eg. It is the top underwriter of corporate 1 bonds in China.
该公司是中国最大的企业债券承销商。
eg. Depending on whether an operation is invoked 2 by the customer or by the underwriter, the returned behavior may be quite different.
根据某个操作是由客户还是由担保人调用的,所返回的行为可能会有很大不同。
adj.共同的,全体的;公司的,企业的
- This is our corporate responsibility.这是我们共同的责任。
- His corporate's life will be as short as a rabbit's tail.他的公司的寿命是兔子尾巴长不了。
标签:
外贸口语