TED演讲:休假的力量(2)
时间:2019-01-18 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲教育篇
英语课
Also is the knowledge that right now we spend about in the first 25 years of our lives learning, 我还有另一个原因,目前我们大概用生命的前二十五年学习,
then there is another 40 years that's really reserved for working. 之后的四十年用于工作。
And then tacked 1 on at the end of it are about 15 years for retirement 2. 放到最后的是约十五年的退休生活。
And I thought it might be helpful to basically cut off five of those retirement years and intersperse 3 them in between those working years. 我觉得更合理的可能是,拿走五年的退休时间,把它们穿插在工作的年头里。
That's clearly enjoyable for myself. 我自己显然因此很开心。
But probably even more important is that the work that comes out of these years flows back into the company and into society at large, 但更重要的是,是来自休假那几年的成果可以回馈公司,回馈社会,
rather than just benefiting a grandchild or two. 而不仅是贡献给一两个孙子孙女。
There is a fellow TEDster who spoke 4 two years ago, Jonathan Haidt, who defined his work into three different levels. 两年前有一位TED的讲者,名叫乔纳森·海德特,他把工作定义为三个不同的层次。
And they rang very true for me. I can see my work as a job. I do it for money. 教我深深认同,我可以把工作视为一份职业。为的是钱。
I likely already look forward to the weekend on Thursdays. And I probably will need a hobby as a leveling mechanism 5. 星期四就开始盼周末,我可能会需要一种业余爱好来平衡生活。
In a career I'm definitely more engaged. 或者,我可以把工作看成我的事业。
But at the same time, there will be periods when I think is all that really hard work really worth my while? 这样我会做得更加用心,但有时我又会想,花这多精力值得吗?
While in the third one, in the calling, very much likely I would do it also if I wouldn't be financially compensated 6 for it. 第三个层次是把工作视为一种呼召,如果工作是一种呼召,很可能我无论如何也会做,即使没有金钱回报也没关系。
用平头钉钉( tack的过去式和过去分词 ); 附加,增补; 帆船抢风行驶,用粗线脚缝
- He tacked the sheets of paper on as carefully as possible. 他尽量小心地把纸张钉上去。
- The seamstress tacked the two pieces of cloth. 女裁缝把那两块布粗缝了起来。
n.退休,退职
- She wanted to enjoy her retirement without being beset by financial worries.她想享受退休生活而不必为金钱担忧。
- I have to put everything away for my retirement.我必须把一切都积蓄起来以便退休后用。
vt.散布,散置,点缀
- Intersperse exclamation marks in the text.在文章中加进一些感叹号。
- You should intersperse colorful anecdotes about your experience with perceptive queries about the vacancy.讲述自己的经历时应该加入一些有声有色的轶事,中间巧妙穿插对所应聘职位的询问。
n.(车轮的)辐条;轮辐;破坏某人的计划;阻挠某人的行动 v.讲,谈(speak的过去式);说;演说;从某种观点来说
- They sourced the spoke nuts from our company.他们的轮辐螺帽是从我们公司获得的。
- The spokes of a wheel are the bars that connect the outer ring to the centre.辐条是轮子上连接外圈与中心的条棒。
n.机械装置;机构,结构
- The bones and muscles are parts of the mechanism of the body.骨骼和肌肉是人体的组成部件。
- The mechanism of the machine is very complicated.这台机器的结构是非常复杂的。
补偿,报酬( compensate的过去式和过去分词 ); 给(某人)赔偿(或赔款)
- The marvelous acting compensated for the play's weak script. 本剧的精彩表演弥补了剧本的不足。
- I compensated his loss with money. 我赔偿他经济损失。
标签:
TED演讲