TED演讲:探索世界最深洞穴(6)
时间:2019-01-18 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲商业篇
英语课
We either draw in a liquid sample, 我们收集液体样本,
or we can actually take a solid core from the wall. 或者我们从墙体上直接采集固体岩芯标本。
No hands at the wheel. 这一过程无需人来遥控。
This is all behavioral autonomy here that's being conducted by the robot on its own. 这全都由机器人自己执行。
The real hat trick for this vehicle, though, is a disruptive new navigation system we've developed, 这台机器最大的创新是一种我们研发的与众不同的导航系统,
known as 3D SLAM, for simultaneous localization and mapping. 被称作3D SLAM,用于同时定位和画图。
DEPTHX is an all-seeing eyeball. 深水热源探测仪是一种全视角眼球。
Its sensor 1 beams look both forward and backward at the same time, 它的感应光源可以同时向前向后,
allowing it to do new exploration while it's still achieving geometric sensor-lock on what it's gone through already. 允许它做新的探索同时它能将感应到的它所经过的地方地几何图形锁定。
What I'm going to show you next is the first fully 2 autonomous 3 robotic exploration underground that's ever been done. 我接下来要给你展示的是有史以来第一个全自动地下探索机器人。
This May, we're going to go from minus 1,000 meters in Zacaton, 今年五月,我们准备从扎卡顿地下一千米处出发,
and if we're very lucky, DEPTHX will bring back the first robotically-discovered division of bacteria. 如果我们幸运,深水热源探测仪将会带回第一个机器人独立发现的细菌切片。
The next step after that is to test it in Antartica and then, if the funding continues and NASA has the resolution to go,we could potentially launch by 2016, and by 2019 we may have the first evidence of life off this planet. 那之后的第二步是在南极洲对它做测试,然后如果资金许可,并且美国宇航局有决心,我们可能在2016年前开始实施(探索外星)计划,在2019年我们有可能得到证明地球外的生命存在第一个证据。
n.传感器,探测设备,感觉器(官)
- The temperature sensor is enclosed in a protective well.温度传感器密封在保护套管中。
- He plugged the sensor into a outlet.他把传感器插进电源插座。
adv.完全地,全部地,彻底地;充分地
- The doctor asked me to breathe in,then to breathe out fully.医生让我先吸气,然后全部呼出。
- They soon became fully integrated into the local community.他们很快就完全融入了当地人的圈子。
adj.自治的;独立的
- They proudly declared themselves part of a new autonomous province.他们自豪地宣布成为新自治省的一部分。
- This is a matter that comes within the jurisdiction of the autonomous region.这件事是属于自治区权限以内的事务。
标签:
TED演讲