TED演讲:美国废弃的购物中心(4)
时间:2019-01-18 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲商业篇
英语课
And then there's a guy standing 1 next to her, with, like, an espresso cup, and he's like... 然后她旁边站着一个男人,拿着 一个咖啡杯,他就这样...
And it says, "What brings you today?" 然后照片还写着,“哪阵风把你吹来了?”
I wanted to be scared and depressed 2. Thank you. 我是想要觉得害怕压抑的好吗,拜托。
So the comments just kept pouring in on the videos, from all over the country, and then all over the world. 所以评论一直大量地涌来,堆积在我的这些视频下面。评论来自全国各地,后来甚至覆盖到全世界。
And I started to think, this could really be something, but I had to get creative, 这让我开始思考,这可能是个好事,但是我必须有创意,
because I'm like, how long are people going to sit and watch me waddling 3 through an empty mall? 因为,人们坐在那里看我在空荡荡的商场里晃悠,能看多久?
So the original episodes I filmed with an iPhone. 一开始的几集,我是用苹果手机录下来的。
So I'd walk through the mall with an iPhone, and, you know. Like that. 我拿着手机在商场里走来走去,就像这样。
And security -- because malls, they don't like photography 保安们--因为这些商场,他们不欢迎摄影,
so the security would come up and be like, "Put that away," and I'm like, "OK." 所以保安们就走过来说,“把那个收起来。” 然后我就说,“好好好。”
So I had to get creative and sneaky, so I started using a hidden camera and different techniques to get the footage that I needed, 所以后来我必须更有想象力,更狡猾,我开始用隐藏摄像头和不同的技术来获取我需要的素材,
and basically what I wanted to do was make the video like it was a first-person experience, like you are sitting 基本上我想做的,就是制作这个视频,会像第一人称角度的经历,就像你坐着,
put your headphones on watching the screen -- it's like, you're there in the video, like a video game, basically. 戴着耳机,看着屏幕,你就感觉自己在视频里面,基本上就在玩视频游戏。
I also started to use music, collaborating 4 with artists who create music called vaporwave. 我也开始用音乐,和一些制作蒸汽波音乐的艺术家合作。
And vaporwave is a music genre 5 that emerged in the early 2010s among internet communities. Here's an example. 蒸汽波是一种音乐类型,从2010年初开始在网络上流行。这里有一段。
n.持续,地位;adj.永久的,不动的,直立的,不流动的
- After the earthquake only a few houses were left standing.地震过后只有几幢房屋还立着。
- They're standing out against any change in the law.他们坚决反对对法律做任何修改。
adj.沮丧的,抑郁的,不景气的,萧条的
- When he was depressed,he felt utterly divorced from reality.他心情沮丧时就感到完全脱离了现实。
- His mother was depressed by the sad news.这个坏消息使他的母亲意志消沉。
v.(像鸭子一样)摇摇摆摆地走( waddle的现在分词 )
- Rhinoceros Give me a break, were been waddling every day. 犀牛甲:饶了我吧,我们晃了一整天了都。 来自互联网
- A short plump woman came waddling along the pavement. 有个矮胖女子一摇一摆地沿人行道走来。 来自互联网
合作( collaborate的现在分词 ); 勾结叛国
- Joe is collaborating on the work with a friend. 乔正与一位朋友合作做那件工作。
- He was not only learning from but also collaborating with Joseph Thomson. 他不仅是在跟约瑟福?汤姆逊学习,而且也是在和他合作。
标签:
TED演讲