TED演讲 :未来掌管着什么?(6)
时间:2019-01-18 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲娱乐篇
英语课
But if had to give my opinion about meat, 但是如果我告诉你我关于肉的意见,
I think first, the most important thing is to say 我开始以为,想说的最重要的是
that we don't have to have perfect food, 我们不一定需要完美的食物,
but maybe it can also not be poison 1. 但不可能要有毒的
Maybe we can have some middle ground for that. 也许我们要有一些中间地。
But I will continue to consider this idea, 而我会继续考虑这个主意,
and I will report back maybe next year. 明年我会在过来汇报。
Next. 下一个。
Next. Next. (Applause) 下一个。下一个(鼓掌)
"Will there ever be a post-racial world?" “将来会有一个后种族的世界吗?”
Thank you for having me. 感谢你们让我来到这里。
My name is Gary Weaselhead. Enjoy that. 我是盖瑞.维斯海德。喜欢这个名字。
I'm a member of the Blackfeet Nation. 我是黑脚联合会的成员
I'm also half Lakota, but that is my given name, 我还是半个拉柯塔人,但那是我父母给我的名字,
and no, even though it would have seemed 不,即使它看起来
like an obvious choice, 像一个很明显的选择,
no, I did not go into politics 2. 不,我不会走进政治圈。
Tough crowd. 强势的人群。
But I always like to just let people know 但是我总是要让人知道
when they ask about race or those kinds of things, 当他们问起关于种族之类的那些事,
you know, as a member of the First Nations community, 你知道,作为一个第一联合会社团的成员
you know, I'm probably 你知道,我可能
not your typical guy. 不是那种典型的人
For example, in addition to being an activist, 比如,除了作为一个活动家
I'm also a professional 3 stand-up comedian 4. 我还是一个职业的上台的喜剧演员。
And, you know, I'm most popular 而且你知道,我是最受欢迎的那个
on college and university campuses 5. 在学院和大学的校园里。
You know, whenever they want to do a diversity 6 day, 你知道,不管什么时候他们想做些多样化的一天
or hey-we're-not-all-white week, 或者是嗨我们不都是白人周的时候
then I'm there. (Laughter) 我就来了。(笑声)
Do I think there will ever be a post-racial world? 我会认为有不考虑种族的世界吗?
I think, really, I can't talk about race 我以为,真的,我不能谈到种族
without remembering that it is a construct 而不想起它是建立
in certain respects, 在某种尊敬的基础上,
but also that, you know, 但还有,你知道
until we redress 7 the wrongs of the past, 直到我们纠正了过去的错误,
we're going to be turned around. 否则我们会走回头路。
I don't care if the present is the new future. 我不关心现在是不是一个新的将来。
I think there's a lot of great people here at TED 8 我以为在TED有很多伟大的人
who are working to address that, 正在为此努力工作,
so with that, if anything I've said today 那么,如果我今天所说的任何事
makes you feel uncomfortable, you're welcome. 让你感到不舒服的话,那么试试受欢迎的。
I think we have time for one more. 我认为我们还是时间给另一个人
"What's the most popular diet these days?" “今天最流行的饮食是什么?”
Who's here? 谁在这儿?
Okay, well, I'm just gonna answer this really fast, 行了,好吧,我只是很快地回答这个问题,
as, like, three or four different people. 就像,三到四个人。
I mean really fast. 我会很快。
I'm just gonna let y'all know that, as far as diet is concerned, 我只是让你们知道,目前饮食疗养是受到关注的
if you don't love yourself inside, 如果你不爱你的里面,
there is no diet on this Earth 那在地球上就没有饮食疗养这回事
that is going to make your behind small enough 因为那是让你的后面变得足够小
for you to feel good, 以便让你感觉良好,
so just stop wasting your time. 好吧,就停止浪费你的时间。
n.毒药;毒害;vt./vi.毒害;投毒
- The bottle is labelled "Poison".瓶上标明“有毒”。
- Don't allow evil thoughts to poison young people's minds.不允许邪念毒害青年。
n.政治,政治学;政纲,政见,策略
- They seldom talk on politics in those days.那时人们很少谈论政治。
- The two brothers differed about politics.这兄弟俩政见不同。
adj.专业的;职业的;n.专业人员;职业运动员
- He is a professional tennis player.他是一名职业网球运动员。
- I need a professional to sort out my finances.我需要专业人士为我管理财务。
n.喜剧演员;滑稽演员
- The comedian tickled the crowd with his jokes.喜剧演员的笑话把人们逗乐了。
- The comedian enjoyed great popularity during the 30's.那位喜剧演员在三十年代非常走红。
n.(大学)校园(campus的复数形式)
- University campuses are often the bellwether of change. 大学校园往往引领变革的新潮。
- Sport looms much larger on US campuses than in China. 体育在美国大学比中国大学突出得多。 来自互联网
n.差异,多样性;vt.使不同,使多样化
- Our party believes in encouraging cultural diversity,not diversion.我们党鼓励多种文化,而不是文化分歧。
- His object is to gather as great a diversity of material as possible.他的目标就是尽可能多地搜集各种材料。
n.赔偿,救济,矫正;v.纠正,匡正,革除
- He did all that he possibly could to redress the wrongs.他尽了一切努力革除弊端。
- Any man deserves redress if he has been injured unfairly.任何人若蒙受不公平的损害都应获得赔偿。
标签:
TED演讲