TED演讲:我从全职奶爸经历中学到的知识(4)
时间:2019-02-16 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲娱乐篇
英语课
See, I knew nothing about being a stay-at-home parent, and once I embraced 1 the fact that I knew nothing, 所以说,我对做全职育儿一无所知,而一旦我接受了,一无所知这个事实,
I began to learn from my new managers. 我开始从新的领导那里学习。
And I always was told that as a stay-at-home parent, you get no sleep. 我总是被告知做一个全职奶爸,你连觉都没得睡。
Or as a parent in general, you get no sleep. 就算一般的父母,你也不能睡个好觉。
But that's not true, because if you sleep when they do, you actually can get some sleep. 但并不是那样,因为你可以在他们睡着时候睡觉,所以你实际上还是能睡会的。
You know what else I thought as a stay-at-home parent? 你们知道还有什么全职奶爸的体会吗?
I though I knew that the best way to teach kids right from wrong was to discipline 2 them, 我本以为教他们是非对错的最佳方式是给他们定规矩,
because that would make sure they understood right from wrong, the pain, the fear -- that would teach them. 因为规矩可以让他们理解对错,知道疼了就会害怕--下次就老实了。
But the truth is, the best way to teach my children right from wrong is to teach them. 但真相是,教他们对错最好的办法是去引导他们。
Take out a whiteboard and draw pictures and make connections that they can understand. 拿出小白板画一些图并且做连线游戏这样他们就明白了。
That was the best way. A lot of these images you're seeing are coming from my YouTube channel, "Beleaf in Fatherhood." 这是最好的方式。你们刚才看到很多场景来自我的YouTube频道,“父亲之信仰”。
I document the misadventures of being a stay-at-home dad. 我记录下做一个全职奶爸的遭遇。
And it's not perfect, it's just showing that I'm trying. 一点也不完美,只是说明我在努力尝试。
And I'm not trying to be an example but just proof 3 that it's possible for whoever 4 else is doing this. 我并不想要做一个模范,只是想证明其它人也可以做到。
You know what I also knew about being a stay-at-home parent? 你们知道做一个全职奶爸我还有什么体会?
I knew that children needed love, but I just didn't know what love looked like. 我知道孩子们需要爱,但我只是不太懂该怎样爱。
拥抱( embrace的过去式和过去分词 ); 包括; 包含; 接受
- They embraced and promised to keep in touch. 他们互相拥抱,许诺将保持联系。
- She embraced my offer to go to the hospital. 她接受了我的建议去看医生。
n.纪律,风纪,训练,训诫;教养,修养,学科
- She needs the discipline of having to write an essay every week.她需要进行每周写一篇文章的训练。
- Everyone should keep discipline and you are no exception.每个人都应该遵守纪律,你也毫无例外。
adj.防...的,耐...的,能防护;n.校样,证据,证明;vt.检验,给...做防护措施
- He is living proof of the wonders of modern medicine.他是当代医学奇迹的活证明。
- The proof was fished up from some old papers.校样在旧文件中被找到了。
标签:
TED演讲