时间:2019-01-15 作者:英语课 分类:商务礼节美语


英语课

  Polite Behavior at the Office Party 办公室派对的礼貌举止

陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作。他接到公司晚宴派对的邀请,但是不想去。

(Office ambience)

CH:Hi Amy, 我刚刚收到邀请,老板请我们去吃饭。

A:I received one, too.

C:你去吗?

A:Of course. Aren't you?

C:我不太想去。

A:Why not? It's going to be a nice party at an upscale restaurant.

C:我不想跟同事出去玩儿;他们跟我关系虽说都不错,但大家毕竟不是朋友。

A:I'm afraid that doesn't matter. Part of the reason for inviting 1 everyone is to build rapport 2 among all of us who work together.

C:Rapport是什么意思啊。

A:Rapport means building relationships between people, establishing trust and mutual 3 understanding.

C:跟同事搞好关系也不一定非得出去玩儿啊。

A:Attendance at the office party is a part of your job. To go or not to go is not a choice. The boss expects you to be there.

C:这么说是不能不去了。我要是有其它事呢?

A:It better be something important for you to forego the office party and risk offending the boss.

C:我可不想得罪老板,让我再想想吧。

到了第二天……

A:Well, CH, did you decide to go to the party?

C:去,不过我要带个朋友。

A:I hate to tell you this, but that would not be acceptable.

C:星期六晚上出去应酬,带个朋友还不行吗?

A:Unless your invitation says "and guest," it would be poor etiquette 4 to take someone with you.

C:那好,我打个照面,待一会儿就走。

A:That's not going to work either. This is a seated dinner party so you have stay the entire time.

C:晚餐完了我总可以走了吧?

A:You must stay until our host, the boss, stands to indicate that dinner is over. Then good manners dictate 5 you don't leave before your thank him for the evening and tell him good-bye.

C:Amy, 我真没想到,公司派对还会这么郑重其事。还有什么要注意的吗?

A:Just a word of caution. If you drink alcoholic 6 beverages 7, do it in moderation. Some people forget that rule and overdo 8 it. Not only is it embarrassing, you could jeopardize 9 your job.

C:这我知道,一定注意不会多喝。你能不能再总结一下,看看都有哪些注意事项。

A:Attendance is required. Read your invitation carefully so you know what the occasion is and if guests are included.

C:我知道,还有就是晚宴结束前不能告退。

A:That's right. Don't forget to say your good-byes. And go easy on the alcohol.

C:谢谢你,Amy,我一定照办。



adj.诱人的,引人注目的
  • An inviting smell of coffee wafted into the room.一股诱人的咖啡香味飘进了房间。
  • The kitchen smelled warm and inviting and blessedly familiar.这间厨房的味道温暖诱人,使人感到亲切温馨。
n.和睦,意见一致
  • She has an excellent rapport with her staff.她跟她职员的关系非常融洽。
  • We developed a high degree of trust and a considerable personal rapport.我们发展了高度的互相信任和不错的私人融洽关系。
adj.相互的,彼此的;共同的,共有的
  • We must pull together for mutual interest.我们必须为相互的利益而通力合作。
  • Mutual interests tied us together.相互的利害关系把我们联系在一起。
n.礼仪,礼节;规矩
  • The rules of etiquette are not so strict nowadays.如今的礼仪规则已不那么严格了。
  • According to etiquette,you should stand up to meet a guest.按照礼节你应该站起来接待客人。
v.口授;(使)听写;指令,指示,命令
  • It took him a long time to dictate this letter.口述这封信花了他很长时间。
  • What right have you to dictate to others?你有什么资格向别人发号施令?
adj.(含)酒精的,由酒精引起的;n.酗酒者
  • The alcoholic strength of brandy far exceeds that of wine.白兰地的酒精浓度远远超过葡萄酒。
  • Alcoholic drinks act as a poison to a child.酒精饮料对小孩犹如毒药。
n.饮料( beverage的名词复数 )
  • laws governing the sale of alcoholic beverages 控制酒类销售的法规
  • regulations governing the sale of alcoholic beverages 含酒精饮料的销售管理条例
vt.把...做得过头,演得过火
  • Do not overdo your privilege of reproving me.不要过分使用责备我的特权。
  • The taxi drivers' association is urging its members,who can work as many hours as they want,not to overdo it.出租车司机协会劝告那些工作时长不受限制的会员不要疲劳驾驶。
vt.危及,损害
  • Overworking can jeopardize your health.工作过量可能会危及你的健康。
  • If you are rude to the boss it may jeopardize your chances of success.如果你对上司无礼,那就可能断送你成功的机会。