实战口语情景对话 第76期:打冰球 Hockey
时间:2019-01-15 作者:英语课 分类:实战口语情景对话
英语课
Todd: OK, Chris, Friday the 13th is coming up. So, first of all, are you superstitious 1? 克里斯,这周五正好是13日。我想先问你个问题,你迷信吗?
Chris: Yes. When I play sports I'm superstitious. I have a lucky shirt and stuff 2 like that. 是的,我打球的时候很迷信。我有一件幸运衫和一些幸运物件。
Todd: Oh, really! 哦,真的!
Chris: Yeah. 是的。
Todd: So what's your lucky shirt? 那么,你的幸运衬衫是什么样的?
Chris: It's a bungy jumping shirt that I got about 10 years ago. It's all falling apart but it's still my lucky shirt. 那是我10年前得到的一件蹦极跳衫。它几乎已经要散架了,但它仍旧是我的幸运衫。
Todd: OK, So you don't wash it or anything? 那么你不洗这件衬衫或者其他幸运物件吗?
Chris: If I have a good game I don't wash it until I have a bad game and then I wash the badness out. 如果我打球打得好我就不洗它,直到打了一场差球,我再把坏运气都洗走。
Todd: OK. What sport are we talking about? 好的。你在说的是什么运动。
Chris: I play ice hockey. 我说的是冰球。
Todd: Oh, really. 真的。
Chris: Yeah. 是的。
Todd: Oh, so your a hockey player! Your a pretty solid 3 guy. 那么,你是一位冰球运动员!我看上去就是一副硬汉的样子。
Chris: Yeah, I'm a goalie. Being a goalie it's a lot to being comfortable in the position, so if you have a good game you don't touch anything. You do the same routine 4. Goalies are known 5 to be a little strange. 是的,我是一名守门员。做一名守门员最重要的就是一定要适应自己的角色。如果遇上一场好比赛,守门员可能根本碰不到球,必须要守好自己的本分。大家对守门员这个角色还是有些陌生的。
Todd: Wow. So that's cool. Are you still playing in Japan? 哇。真酷。你现在在日本还打冰球吗?
Chris: I've played a few times but it's just too much trouble to drag my equipment on three trains and a taxi and about a 800 meter walk. It's just not worth it right now. If I had a car I'd try for sure. 打过几次,但带着我的护具等设备赶三趟火车,再做计程车,再走800米的距离实在是太麻烦了。现在打冰球还不方便。等我有辆车肯定会经常打。
Todd: Oh, that's too bad. Alright, well, good luck and...so right now is your shirt dirty of clean? Your unlucky shirt? 这太可惜了。好吧,助你好运……那么现在你的幸运衫是脏的还是干净的?现在是幸运的还是不幸运的?
Chris: It's just been washed. Yeah, it needed a good washing this time. 刚刚洗过。是的,这次需要好好洗洗。
adj.迷信的
- They aim to deliver the people who are in bondage to superstitious belief.他们的目的在于解脱那些受迷信束缚的人。
- These superstitious practices should be abolished as soon as possible.这些迷信做法应尽早取消。
n.原料,材料,东西;vt.填满;吃饱
- We could supply you with the stuff in the raw tomorrow.明天我们可以供应你原材料。
- He is not the stuff.他不是这个材料。
adj.固体的,结实的,可靠的,实心的;n.固体,实心;adv. 一致地
- Water may change from a liquid to a solid.水可以由液体变为固体。
- I know that James is a solid type of person.我知道詹姆斯是个可信赖的人。
n.例行公事,惯例;adj.例行的,常规的
- It is everyday routine.这是每天的例行公事。
- She found the hospital routine slightly dull.她感到医院的工作有点枯燥乏味。
标签:
口语