You and Your Computer( 你和你的电脑)
英语课
It is time to reassess your relationship with your
computer when....(到了重新评价你和你的电脑的关系时候了当......)
1. You wake up at 4 O'clock in the morning to go to the bathroom and stop to check your email on the way back to bed.(你早晨四点醒来去厕所,回卧室时去检查邮件。)
2. You turn off your computer and get an awful empty feeling, as if you just pulled the plug on a loved one. (当你关掉电脑时感到很遗憾,好象离开你的情人一样。)
3. You decide to stay in college for an additional year or two, just for the free internet access.(你决定再在大学呆一两年,只为的是用免费因特网。)
4. You laugh at people with 28.8 modems 1.(你嘲笑用28.8比特调制解调的人)
5. You start using smiles :-) in your snail 2 mail.(你在一般的信件中,开始用微笑符号 :-))
6. You find yourself typing "com" after every period when
using a word processor.com (当你做文字处理时,你不由自主地在句号后面打com)
7. You can't correspond with your mother because she doesn't
have a computer.(你不能和你母亲通信,因为她没有电脑。)
8. When your email box shows "no new messages" and you feel
really depressed 3.(当你发现信箱中没有“新邮件”时,你感到非常沮丧。)
9. You don't know the gender 4 of your three closest friends
because they have nondescript screen name and you never
bothered to ask.(你不知道你三个最好朋友的性别,因为他们在屏幕上的名字难以辨认出,而你从不想问。)
10. You move into a new house and you decide to netscape
before you landscape.(你搬进新家,你决定先建网景再建风景.)
n.调制解调器( modem的名词复数 )
- Yes, floppy day, as did 9600 baud dial up modems. 是的,当时软件是最主要的工具,还有9600波特拨号调制解调器。 来自互联网
- Extra settings for configuring BAD modems that cannot identify proper disconnect tone. 额外的设置,配置不好的调制解调器不能确定适当的断开的语调。 来自互联网
n.蜗牛
- Snail is a small plant-eating creature with a soft body.蜗牛是一种软体草食动物。
- Time moved at a snail's pace before the holidays.放假前的时间过得很慢。
adj.沮丧的,抑郁的,不景气的,萧条的
- When he was depressed,he felt utterly divorced from reality.他心情沮丧时就感到完全脱离了现实。
- His mother was depressed by the sad news.这个坏消息使他的母亲意志消沉。