左撇子
A:Why do lots of foreigners write with their left hand?
为什么好多老外们用左手写字?
B:I don’t know. I’m a lefty too.
不知道,我也是左撇子。
A:Then why do yu write with your left hand? Isn’t it better to use your right hand?
那你为什么用左手?用右手不是更好吗?
B:It doesn’t make any difference. Left-handed or right-handed. They’re all the same.
没什么分别。左手右手都一样。
A:When I was young,I could use both my hands well. But my mom told me to use my right hand. So now, like most Chinese people, I’m right-handed.
我小的时候,我两只手都能用,可我妈妈告诉我用右手。所以现在,和大多数中国人一样,我用右手。
B:My mom never said that. This is my own business.
我妈妈可从未那么说过。那是我自己的事儿。
A:Well, does that make any inconvenient 1 moments?
会不会觉得什么不方便的?
B:Nope.
不会
A:What if when you drive?
那你开车时呢?
B:I don’t drive, Marco. My friends can often offer me a ride.
我不会开车。我的朋友们经常会送我。
A:And did you notice when foreigners write something, they prefer captital letters?
你注意到没有好多老外们写字的时候喜欢用大写字母?
B:Actually,most foreigners don’t write unless necessary. If we write something, essays, novels,whatever. We would do it on computers.
其实,大部分的老外除非必要,一般不会写字的。如果要写的话,象论文,小说,我们一般在电脑上写。
A:What about when you do your homework?
那你们写作业的时候呢?
B:We do that on computers too. I have never written anything before I came to China. I mean I would work on a computer. You know,doing my homework, writing essays, sending e-mails, that stuff 2.
也在电脑上,我来中国前从未“写”过什么东西。我是说我会在电脑上写,你也知道的。作业啊,毕业论文啊,电子邮件啊,那种东西。
A:That’s why your handwriting sucks.
所以你的书法才那么差。
B:I never said they’re good.
我从来都没说过它们好。
Attention Please…特别提醒
[你可以请外教反复帮你模仿/训练下面句子/词组的正宗美式发音]
Attention Please…特别提醒
[1] It doesn’t make any difference.那没什么分别。当有人问你“喜欢喝纯净水还是矿泉水”或是“你是早上锻炼还是晚上锻炼”时。就用这个句子反问他们好了。Does it make any difference?有什么分别吗?
[2] This is my own business.这是我自己的事儿. Business除了有生意的意思之外,还可以表示“某人自己的事儿”。如果你不小心问到老外们的隐私时,他们就可能直接告诉你“None of your business.”与你和干。
Related 3 Words…相关词汇
以下这些词并未给出汉语意思,你可以试着用我们学到的英语问问外教它们的意思
[ ie:What does“***”mean?“***”是什么意思?]
It doesn’t make any sense. Mind your own business. Calligraphy left/right-hander
- You have come at a very inconvenient time.你来得最不适时。
- Will it be inconvenient for him to attend that meeting?他参加那次会议会不方便吗?
- We could supply you with the stuff in the raw tomorrow.明天我们可以供应你原材料。
- He is not the stuff.他不是这个材料。