我说错话了
SCENE② D 赫伯特回座 过一会儿,唐走过来
【我说错话了】
Don: Well, how did it go?
唐: 怎么样,事情进行得如何?
Herbert: Not very well. 1) I put my foot in my mouth.
赫伯特: 不太顺利。我说错话了。
Don: Did you get a 2) date?
唐: 你约到她了吗?
Herbert: No. I almost forgot to tell her my name. I'm so 3) embarrassed 2.
赫伯特: 没有。我差点连名字都忘了告诉她。我好糗。
Don: It's not too late. You can call her tomorrow.
唐: 现在还来得及。你明天可以打电话给她。
Herbert: I didn't get her number. I know she didn't like me.
赫伯特: 我没有她的电话。我知道她不喜欢我。
Don: Herb 1! Never leave a lady's table without her phone number!
唐: 赫伯特!没要到小姐的电话前不可以离座。
Herbert: Sorry.
赫伯特: 对不起
语言详解
A: Can I see your room?
我可以看看你的房间吗?
B: I'm too embarrassed to show you-it's a mess.
我不好意让你看--房间里一团乱。
【How did it go? 进行的如何?】
这句话可以用来问任何你不在场的事情,如舞会、手术、会议等的进行情况跟结果。
A: I had a final yesterday.
我昨天考期末考。
B: How did it go?
结果如何?
A: OK. I got a B.
还可以。我得了乙等。
1) I put my foot in my mouth. 我说错话了。
2) date (n.) 约会,约会的对象
3) embarrassed (a.) 尴尬的,糗的
- They usually ate the herb raw.他们经常吃未煮过的药草。
- Treatment with medicinal herb is attended with good results.用草药治疗效果良好。
- He was very embarrassed to hear people speak so highly of him.他听见别人这样夸他,感到很难为情。
- He is somewhat embarrassed.他稍微有点窘迫。