如何成为福尔摩斯 第2期
时间:2019-01-01 作者:英语课 分类:如何成为福尔摩斯
英语课
The two men on the train were Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss, already wellknown for their work on Doctor Who.
在火车上的两人就是史蒂芬·莫法特和马克·加提斯,他们因为《神秘博士》而家喻户晓。
I said, Isn't it odd 1 that in the original story. A Study in Scarlet 2, Dr Watson is invalided 3 home from military service in Afghanistan?
我说这是不是巧合。《血字的研究》中,华生医生因病退伍从阿富汗回来。
And it's the same war as we were then fighting.
这是我们之后参加的同样的战争。
And we just a kind of lightbulb moment where it was like, well, we should do that again.
当时真是灵光一现,我们又要创造奇迹了。
And in 2010, Sherlock hit our screens.
在2010年,夏洛克被搬上荧屏。
It reinvigorated this iconic character for a whole new audience.
它让现代观众重新为这一标志性的角色疯狂。
It's interesting, when you ask people about who their favourite Sherlock Holmes is, because I have this theory that your favourite Sherlock Holmes is the one that you grew up with.
问人们谁是他们最喜爱的夏洛克·福尔摩斯时,结果很有趣。因为我认为最爱的夏洛克·福尔摩斯是陪你一起成长的那位。
People of a certain age will always answer Rathbone as their favourite, just as they did Jeremy Brett with those who were growing up in the '80s.
某个时代的人最喜欢拉斯伯恩,同样的对于八零后,杰里米·布雷特是他们的最爱。
And I suspect young people, when you ask them, their answer's going to be Benedict Cumberbatch.
我猜你问现代年轻人同样的问题时,他们肯定说本尼迪克特·康伯巴奇。
This modern retelling set out to keep the spirit of the original stories, yet completely transformed them for the digital age.
这个现代改编致力于保持原有故事的理念,却又完整的把它们搬到了数字时代。
What are you typing?Blog.
你在写什么?博客。
About?Us.
关于什么?我们。
You mean me.Why
你是指我。为什么?
Well, you're typing a lot.
因为你打的内容很多。
We live in a world of microblogging, which is a fantastic and perfect parallel 4 for the idea of Dr Watson serialising his adventures.
我们生活在一个微博遍地的时代,刚好给华生医生连载他的探险经历。
We've started sending telegrams again in the form of texts.
我们也发电报,不过是以短信形式。
We were able to draw immediate 5 and exact parallels 6 between the original stories and the idea of updating it.
我们可以轻松将原著内容完美移植到现代。
John. Rhododendron ponticum. Matches.
约翰,彭土杜鹃,符合要求。
adj.奇特的;临时的;奇数的;n.[pl.]机会
- She looks a bit odd.I wonder what has happened to her.她的神色有些异样,不知出了什么事。
- He's an odd character and no mistake!他的确是个怪人!
n.深红色,绯红色,红衣;adj.绯红色的
- The scarlet leaves of the maples contrast well with the dark green of the pines.深红的枫叶和暗绿的松树形成了明显的对比。
- The glowing clouds are growing slowly pale,scarlet,bright red,and then light red.天空的霞光渐渐地淡下去了,深红的颜色变成了绯红,绯红又变为浅红。
使伤残(invalid的过去式与过去分词形式)
- He was invalided out of the army because of the wounds he received. 他因负伤而退役。
- A plague invalided half of the population in the town. 这个城镇一半的人口患上了瘟疫。
n.相似处;平行线;纬线;adj.平行的;类似的
- This is the parallel points in the characters of different men.这就是不同人物间个性上的类似之处。
- The growth of the two towns was almost parallel.这两个城镇的发展几乎相同。
adj.立即的;直接的,最接近的;紧靠的
- His immediate neighbours felt it their duty to call.他的近邻认为他们有责任去拜访。
- We declared ourselves for the immediate convocation of the meeting.我们主张立即召开这个会议。