生活大爆炸第三季第三集_2
时间:2019-01-01 作者:英语课 分类:生活大爆炸第三季
英语课
-Leonard: They're gonna get beaten up at that club.
gonna:=going to 将要 beat up: 暴打
他俩在那俱乐部估计会被暴打一顿。
-Penny: They're gonna get beaten up at Walgreens.
他俩在Walgreens的时候就会被打了。
Oh, sorry, Sheldon.
噢,不好意思,Sheldon。
I almost sat in your spot.
spot: 地点
我差点坐在你的位置上了。
-Sheldon: Did you? I didn't notice.
是么? 我都没注意到。
Have a chocolate.
来吃颗巧克力。
-Penny: Thank you.
谢谢。
-Raj: I think we're fitting in quite nicely.
fit in: 适应 nicely: 恰好的,漂亮的
我觉得我们很好地融入了这里。
-Howard: It'd help if you weren't drinking light beer.
如果你不喝淡啤的话会好很多。
-Raj: What's so gothic about Vodka and cranberry 1 juice?
Vodka: 伏特加酒 cranberry: 蔓越橘
那你的伏特加和红莓汁跟哥特风又搭什么边?
-Howard: Hello? It looks like blood.
你没看到么? 看上去犹如血一般鲜红。
Did you even read the "Wiki How" link.
link: 链环
你到底有没有去看我发给你的那个关于
I sent you on being Goth?
如何变成哥特人的维基百科链接?
-Raj: No, I'm behind on my Wiki-reading.
没,我还欠了好多维基百科没看呢。
I'm kind of on a John Grisham kick right now.
目前,我比较喜欢John Grisham(美国知名犯罪小说作家)。
-Howard: What?
啥?
-Raj: I finished reading The Pelican 2 Brief.
pelican: 鹈鹕 brief: 摘要,简报
我刚读完他写的《塘鹅暗杀令》
And loved it so much, I dived right into The Clinet.
dive into: 投入,钻研 clinet: 客户
很喜欢也超爱他写的《客户》。
He was a lawyer himself, so his novels are accurate as well as entertaining.
lawyer: 律师 novel: 小说 accurate: 精确的 entertaining: 令人愉快的
他自己曾经是个律师,所以他的小说很写实,但也很趣。
-Howard: Just remember we are lost boys, children of the night.
lost: 迷失的
你只要记住我们是迷失的男孩,暗夜之子。
-Raj: Great. Lost boys, children of the night.
说得好,迷失的男孩,暗夜之子。
Got it.
了解。
Can you pass the chips mixed please?
pass: 传
可以把那盘薯条递过来么?
Thank you.
谢谢。
We are lost boys.
我们是迷失的男孩。
- Bethany: Good for you.
真为你感到高兴。
-Howard: I'm actually much more lost than he is.
我其实远比他要迷失。
-Bethany: Nice ink.
Ink: 墨水
墨迹很漂亮。
-Howard: Thanks.
谢谢。
Can we buy you ladies a drink?
我们能请两位女士喝点什么不?
-Bethany: Two light beers.
两杯淡啤。
-Raj: Light beers.
淡啤哈。
Well, we can hell about that.
很好我们可以就这个话题好好谈谈。
-Bethany: What’s your name?
你们叫什么名字?
-Howard: I'm Howard.
我是Howard。
-Raj: Raj
Raj。
-Bethany: I'm Bethany.
我是Bethany。
-Howard: Nice to meet you, Bethany.
见到你很高兴,Bethany。
-Raj: Yes, very nice.
是的,非常高兴。
-Bethany: Nice to meet you, too.
我也是。
-Sarah: I'm Sarah.
我叫Sarah。
Not that anyone cares.
不过没人在乎就是了。
-Raj: Do either of you ladies enjoy the novels of John Grisham?
你们中有人喜欢John Grisham小说的么?
-Penny: What's this cartoon called again?
再问下,这卡通叫什么来着?
-Leonard: Oshikuru the Demon 3 Samurai.
demon: 恶魔
《侍魂之阿修罗斩魔传》。
-Sheldon: It's not a cartoon.
cartoon: 卡通
这不是普通的动画片。
It's anime.
anime: 日本动漫
这是日本动画。
-Penny: Anime.
Anime。
You know, I knew a girl in high school named Anna May.
我高中的时候认识一女孩叫Anna May,
Anna May Fletcher.
Anna May Fletcher
She was born with one nostril 4.
nostril: 鼻孔
她生下来只有一个鼻孔,
Then she had this bad nose job
她去整容,
and basically wound up with three.
basically: 基本上,主要地
然后整成了三个。
-Sheldon: You're here a lot now.
你在这待太久了。
-Penny: Oh, am I talking too much?
噢我太多话了吗?
I'm sorry. Zip.
zip: 拉上
对不起,我闭嘴了。
-Sheldon: Thank you.
谢谢。
Chocolate?
要巧克力吗?
-Penny: Ye please.
好的。
Oh. Hey, Kim.
噢,你好,Kim。
Yeah, I...
是的,我...
You know what, old on.
等一下。
Let me take this in the hall.
我到走廊去接。
You'll never guess who they got to replace you at work.
replace: 代替
你猜不到他们让谁来代你的班。
-Leonard: Okay, I know what you're doing.
好吧,我知道你想干嘛。
-Sheldon: Really?
真的?
-Leonard: Yes, you're using chocolates as positive reinforcement
positive reinforcement: 正强化
是啊,你想用巧克力作为正强化手段。
For what you consider correct behavior.
consider: 考虑,认为 correct: 正确的 behavior: 行为
来纠正行为上的错误。
-Sheldon: Very good.
聪明。
Chocolate?
巧克力?
-Leonard: No, I don't want any chocolate!
不,我可不要巧克力!
Sheldon, you can't train my girlfriend like a lab rat.
train: 训练 lab: 实验室 rat: 鼠
Sheldon,你不能把我女朋友当作小白鼠对待。
-Sheldon: Actually, it turns out I can.
turn out:: 结果是
事实证明我能。
-Leonard: Well, you shouldn't.
那你不应该。
-Sheldon: There's just no pleasing you, is there, Leonard?
pleasing: 取悦
是你心里不舒服了,对吧 Leonard?
You weren't happy
你不喜欢。
With my previous approach to dealing 5 with her,
previous: 先前的 approach: 方式,方法
我之前对待她的方式,
So I decided 6 to employ operant conditioning techniques,
employ: 采用 operant conditioning: 操作性条件作用 technique: 技术,方法,技巧
所以我决定采用条件反射的手段。
Building on the works of Thorndike and B.F. Skinner.
the works: 作品,相关的所有事物
根据Thorndike和B.F. Skinner的理论,
By this time next week,
下周的这个时候,
I believe I can have her jumping out of a pool,
jump out of: 跳出,跳出来 pool: 水塘,水池
我就能让她跳出泳池,
Balancing a beach ball on her nose.
balance: 平衡,(使)平衡 beach ball: (在海滨,游泳池等玩的)大充气球,水皮球
表演鼻子顶球了。
-Leonard: No, this has to stop now.
不,现在就给我停手。
-Sheldon: I'm not suggesting we really make her jump out of a pool.
我又没真想让她跳出泳池,
I thought the "Bazinga" was implied.
imply: 暗指,含蓄的
这只是个玩笑。
We're just tweaking her personality.
tweak: 对…稍作调整 personality: 个性,性格
我们只是稍稍改造她的性格。
Sanding off the rough edges, if you will.
sanding: 砂纸打磨 rough edges: 毛边
打个比方只是打磨下棱角。
-Leonard: No. You're not sanding Penny.
不,你不能打磨Penny。
-Sheldon: Are you saying that I am forbidden
forbidden: 被禁止的
你是说,我不能采用
From applying a harmless, scientifically valid 7 protocol 8
scientifically: 系统地,合乎科学地 valid: 有效的 protocol: 协议,草案
无害又科学合法的手段,
That will make our lives better?
提高我们的生活质量?
-Leonard: Yes. You're forbidden.
是的,你不能。
-Sheldon: Bad Leonard.
坏,Leonard。
- Bethany: So, what do you guys do?
你们是做什么的?
-Howard: Oh, you know, Goth stuff.
噢,哥特一类的事。
Goth magazines, Goth music.
哥特杂,音乐。
-Raj: Goth food.
哥特食物。
- Bethany: What's Goth food?
哥特食物又是什么?
-Raj: Uh. Blackened salmon 9?
blackened: 变黑的 salmon: 鲑鱼
呃,黑糊糊的烟熏鲑鱼?
-Bethany: No, I meant what do you do for jobs?
不,我是问你们是做什么工作的?
-Raj: Oh, we're scientists.
噢,我们是科学家。
-Howard: Yeah, you know the dark sciences.
是啊,黑暗科学。
- Bethany: What are the dark sciences?
黑暗科学又是什么?
-Howard: We...
我们...
-Raj: Well, I am an astrophysicist,
astrophysicist: 天体物理学家
我是个天体物理学家。
And a lot of that takes place at night.
take place: 发生
专攻晚上发生的事,
When there are vampires 11
vampire 10: 吸血鬼
有吸血鬼
And miscellaneous under out and about.
miscellaneous: 混杂的 out and about: 能够外出走动
和混杂种类出现时…
-Howard: Oy vay.
我的天啊。
- Bethany: That sounds really cool.
听起来很酷啊。
-Howard: Does it? Okay. If you like space stuff,
是吗? 好的,如果你喜欢太空之类的。
I design components 13 for the international space station,
design: 设计 component 12:部件 international: 国际的 space station: 空间站,太空站
我在为国际空间站设计组件,
Which is in space.
就是在太空里。
Where, as I'm sure you know, no one can hear you scream.
我保证在那没人听得到你们的尖叫声。
-Raj: So, what do you gals 14 do?
那么,你们又是干嘛的?
I work at the Gap.
我在Gap上班。
-Howard: Really? How about that? I've been to the Gap.
是吗? 这怎么可能? 我去过Gap。
-Raj: I've been there, as well.
我也去过。
I like your T-shirts with the little pocket.
我喜欢你们那有口袋的T恤。
-Sarah: I work there, too. Not that anyone cares.
我也在那工作,谁在乎呢。
You know, the place is boring.
这地儿真无聊。
-Bethany: Yeah, why don't we go somewhere else and have some fun?
我们干嘛不去其他地方找乐子?
-Howard: Okay.
好啊。
Sure, we like fun.
我们就喜欢乐子。
We are fun people.
浑身都是乐子。
-Raj: Dark and fun.
黑暗和乐子并存。
- Bethany: Come on. I know a place you'll really dig.
来吧,我知道到个值得一去的地方。
-Howard: Did you bring the black condoms?
condom: 避孕套
你带黑色的套套了吗?
-Raj: In my fanny pack.
fanny pack:: 腰包
在我裤包里。
-Howard: Let's go.
我们走。
-Raj: Are you happy now?
你找到乐子没?
-Howard: Not particularly.
particularly: 特别地,具体地,明确地
也说不上。
-Penny: Oh, my god, she didn't!
噢,天呐,她不会吧!
-Leonard: What could she possibly be talking about for so long?
她讲什么会讲怎么久?
n.梅果
- Turkey reminds me of cranberry sauce.火鸡让我想起梅果酱。
- Actually I prefer canned cranberry sauce.事实上我更喜欢罐装的梅果酱。
n.鹈鹕,伽蓝鸟
- The pelican has a very useful beak.鹈鹕有一张非常有用的嘴。
- This pelican is expected to fully recover.这只鹈鹕不久就能痊愈。
n.魔鬼,恶魔
- The demon of greed ruined the miser's happiness.贪得无厌的恶习毁掉了那个守财奴的幸福。
- He has been possessed by the demon of disease for years.他多年来病魔缠身。
n.鼻孔
- The Indian princess wore a diamond in her right nostril.印弟安公主在右鼻孔中戴了一颗钻石。
- All South American monkeys have flat noses with widely spaced nostril.所有南美洲的猴子都有平鼻子和宽大的鼻孔。
n.经商方法,待人态度
- This store has an excellent reputation for fair dealing.该商店因买卖公道而享有极高的声誉。
- His fair dealing earned our confidence.他的诚实的行为获得我们的信任。
adj.决定了的,坚决的;明显的,明确的
- This gave them a decided advantage over their opponents.这使他们比对手具有明显的优势。
- There is a decided difference between British and Chinese way of greeting.英国人和中国人打招呼的方式有很明显的区别。
adj.有确实根据的;有效的;正当的,合法的
- His claim to own the house is valid.他主张对此屋的所有权有效。
- Do you have valid reasons for your absence?你的缺席有正当理由吗?
n.议定书,草约,会谈记录,外交礼节
- We must observe the correct protocol.我们必须遵守应有的礼仪。
- The statesmen signed a protocol.那些政治家签了议定书。
n.鲑,大马哈鱼,橙红色的
- We saw a salmon jumping in the waterfall there.我们看见一条大马哈鱼在那边瀑布中跳跃。
- Do you have any fresh salmon in at the moment?现在有新鲜大马哈鱼卖吗?
n.吸血鬼
- It wasn't a wife waiting there for him but a blood sucking vampire!家里的不是个老婆,而是个吸人血的妖精!
- Children were afraid to go to sleep at night because of the many legends of vampire.由于听过许多有关吸血鬼的传说,孩子们晚上不敢去睡觉。
n.吸血鬼( vampire的名词复数 );吸血蝠;高利贷者;(舞台上的)活板门
- The most effective weapon against the vampires is avampire itself. 对付吸血鬼最有效的武器就是吸血鬼自己。 来自电影对白
- If vampires existed, don`t you think we would`ve found them by now? 如果真有吸血鬼,那我们怎么还没有找到他们呢? 来自电影对白
n.组成部分,成分,元件;adj.组成的,合成的
- Each component is carefully checked before assembly.每个零件在装配前都经过仔细检查。
- Blade and handle are the component parts of a knife.刀身和刀柄是一把刀的组成部分。
(机器、设备等的)构成要素,零件,成分; 成分( component的名词复数 ); [物理化学]组分; [数学]分量; (混合物的)组成部分
- the components of a machine 机器部件
- Our chemistry teacher often reduces a compound to its components in lab. 在实验室中化学老师常把化合物分解为各种成分。
abbr.gallons (复数)加仑(液量单位)n.女孩,少女( gal的名词复数 )
- Jim came skipping out at the gate with a tin pail, and singing Buffalo Gals. 这时,吉姆手里提着一个锡皮桶,嘴中唱着“布法罗的女娃们”蹦蹦跳跳地从大门口跑出来。 来自英汉文学 - 汤姆历险
- An' dey thinks dey wants mousy lil gals wid bird's tastes an' no sense at all. 他们想要的是耗子般的小姑娘,胃口小得像雀子,一点儿见识也没有。 来自飘(部分)
标签:
生活大爆炸