历史英雄名人演讲 第24期:澳总理霍华德在博鳌亚洲论坛2005年年会上的演(2)
时间:2018-12-30 作者:英语课 分类:历史英雄名人演讲
英语课
This applies just as much too highly developed countries such as Australia
这一点对高度发达的国家如澳大利亚
as it does to less well developed countries.
和不太发达的国家同样适用。
Thirdly, I think we should remind ourselves that despite all the multi lateral 1 cooperation that exists
第三,我认为,我们应该告诫自己:尽管存在着各种形式的多边合作,
we still live in a world of nation state.
我们仍生活在一个民族国家主导的世界里。
Fourthly, we must remind ourselves for all our natural focus on the interaction of nations within this region
第四,我们必须提醒自己:尽管我们的注意力会很自然地集中于本地区内部各国间的往来,
that Asia should not become in any way inward looking.
但亚洲绝不应成为一个向内看的地区。
That we live in a global economic environment,
我们生活在一个全球化的经济环珑下。
and that is our future forever, whether we live in Asia, Europe or in North America.
无论我们生活在亚洲、欧洲还是北美,我们的未来永远都会是这个样子。
Fifthly, let us also remind ourselves that threats of a non-economic kind and events of a non-economic kind can exact a fearful economic price.
最后,我们还要提醒自己:非经济性威胁和非经济性事件也会导致严重的经济后采。
My friends, I've enjoyed very much the privilege of being part of this Forum 2.
朋友们,非常高兴有幸参加此次论坛。
I wish it well and I congratulate those who have conceived the idea of the Boao Forum only four or five years ago,
我谨向论坛表示良好的祝愿,并向那些在四、五年前提出博釜论坛这一创意的人们表示祝贺。
they truly had the future of the region at heart.Thank you.
他们是真正关心这一地区未来的人。谢谢。
adj.侧面的,旁边的
- An airfoil that controls lateral motion.能够控制横向飞行的机翼。
- Mr.Dawson walked into the court from a lateral door.道森先生从一个侧面的门走进法庭。
标签:
历史英雄