时间:2018-12-30 作者:英语课 分类:历史英雄名人演讲


英语课

   They would no longer be considered binding 1 in time of war,


  在战争时期这种协定就被认为是没有约束力的,
  and both sides would set to work to manufacture hydrogen bombs as soon as war broke out,
  一旦战争爆发,双方就会着手制造氢弹,
  for if one side manufactured the bombs and the other did not, the side that manufactured them would inevitably 2 be victorious 3...
  因为如果一方制造氢弹而另一方不造的话,造氢弹的一方必然会取胜......
  I cannot believe that this is to be the end.
  我无法相信结局会是这样。
  I would have men forget their quarrels for a moment and reflect that, if they will allow themselves to survive,
  人们如果想让自己生存下去,他们就应暂时忘掉争吵,进行反省,
  there is every reason to expect the triumphs of the future to exceed immeasurably the triumphs of the past.
  人们有千万条理由期待未来的成就极大地超过以往的成就,
  There lies before us, if we choose, continual progress in happiness, knowledge, and wisdom.
  如果让我们选择,那么擂在我们面前的有幸福、知识和智慧的持续增长。
  Shall we, instead, choose death, because we cannot forget our quarrels?
  我们能因为无法忘掉争吵而舍此去选择死亡吗?
  I appeal, as a human being to human beings: remember your humanity, and forget the rest.
  作为一个人,我向所有的人呼吁:记住你们的人性,忘掉其余的一切。
  If you can do so, the way lies open to a new Paradise; if you cannot, nothing lies before you but universal death.
  如果你们能这样做,通向一个新的天堂的路就畅通无阻;如果你们做不到这一点,摆在你们面前的就只有全世界的毁灭。

有约束力的,有效的,应遵守的
  • The contract was not signed and has no binding force. 合同没有签署因而没有约束力。
  • Both sides have agreed that the arbitration will be binding. 双方都赞同仲裁具有约束力。
adv.不可避免地;必然发生地
  • In the way you go on,you are inevitably coming apart.照你们这样下去,毫无疑问是会散伙的。
  • Technological changes will inevitably lead to unemployment.技术变革必然会导致失业。
adj.胜利的,得胜的
  • We are certain to be victorious.我们定会胜利。
  • The victorious army returned in triumph.获胜的部队凯旋而归。
标签: 历史英雄
学英语单词