欧美名人演讲 第81期:奥巴马任内末次白宫记者晚宴演讲(3)
时间:2018-12-30 作者:英语课 分类:欧美名人演讲
英语课
Take a look(Show photos over the years). Here we are in 2008.
请看(上台这些年来的照片)。这是我俩在2008年。
Here we are a few years later.
这是我俩几年之后。
And this one is from two weeks ago(Skelton photo from Canada dinner). So time passes.
这是两周之前(加拿大晚宴上的骷髅照)。真是时光如流水啊。
In just six short months, I will be officially a lame 1 duck, which means Congress now will flat out reject my authority, and Republican leaders won’t take my phone calls.
再过短短六个月,我将正式成为蹩脚鸭总统,这意味着国会将会直接反对我的权威,共和党大佬们将不接我的电话。
And this is going to take some getting used to.
这得有一段时间才能习惯。
It’s really gonna… It’s a curve ball.
太难应对了。
I don’t know what to do with it.
我都不知道该怎么办才好。
Of course, in fact, for four months now congressional Republicans have been saying there are things I cannot do in my final year.
当然了四个月来,共和党一直在说,我最后一年不能做的事。
Unfortunately, this dinner was not one of them.
可惜这个晚宴不是其中之一。
But on everything else, it’s another story.
剩下的就都不行了。
And you know who you are, Republicans.
我说谁你们自己心里清楚啊,共和党人们。
In fact, I think we’ve got Republican senators Tim Scott and Cory Gardner.
现场有共和党参议员Tim Scott和Cory Gardner。
They are in the house, which reminds me … security bar the doors.
他们都在这让我想起,保安!关门!
Judge Merrick Garland come on out. We are going to do this right here. Right now.
Mary Garland法官请出场,我们今天就在这里解决这事。
It’s like the red wedding. But it’s not just Congress.
感觉像血色婚礼一样啊。问题不只是国会
标签:
名人演讲