欧美名人演讲 第86期:奥巴马任内末次白宫记者晚宴演讲(8)
时间:2018-12-30 作者:英语课 分类:欧美名人演讲
英语课
Just recently a young person came up to me and said
不久前一位年轻人跟我说,
she was sick of politicians standing 1 in the way of her dreams.
她收购了政客们阻碍她的梦想。
As if we were actually going to let Malia go to Burning Man this year.
说得像我们今年真会允许Malia去火人节似的。
Was not going to happen.
没门。
Bernie might have let her go. Not us.
伯尼可能会放她去的。我们肯定不会。
I am hurt though, Bernie, that you have been distancing yourself little from me.
不过我也有点受伤啊,伯尼,因为你在跟我保持距离。
I mean that’s just not something that you do to your comrade.
我是说,你不能这样对待革命同志啊。
Bernie’s slogan has helped his campaign catch fire among young people.
伯尼的口号让他在年轻人群中如星火燎原,
‘Feel the Bern.’ ‘Feel the Bern.’ That’s a good slogan.
感受那种灼热,感受那灼热,不错的口号。
Hillary’s slogan has not had the same effect. Let’s see this.
希拉里的口号就没有同样的效果,请看。
Look, I’ve said how much I admire Hillary’s toughness, her smarts, her policy chops, her experience.
我说过我非常敬佩希拉里的强硬、智慧、政策和经验。
You’ve got admit it though,
不过你也得承认,
Hillary trying appeal to young voters is a little bit like your relative who just signed up for Facebook.
希拉里吸引年轻人的手法,就像你家刚注册Facebook的长辈一样。
‘Dear America, did you get my poke 2?
亲爱的美国人民,你们收到我的桶桶了吗?
Is it appearing on your wall?
在你的留言墙上出现了吗?
I’m not sure I’m using this right. Love, Aunt Hillary.’
我不知道我用得对不对,爱你的,希拉里大姨,
It’s not entirely 3 persuasive 4.
说服力不太够。
Meanwhile, on the Republican side, things are a little more, how shall we say this, a little more loose.
与此同时,在共和党一边情况更加的怎么形容好呢更乱套。
Just look at the confusion over the invitations to tonight’s dinner.
看看今天晚宴邀请函的混乱就知道了。
Guests were asked to check whether they wanted steak or fish.
我们让来宾打勾选择吃牛排还是鱼。
But instead, a whole bunch of you wrote in Paul Ryan.
结果一大堆人写了个Paul Ryan。
n.持续,地位;adj.永久的,不动的,直立的,不流动的
- After the earthquake only a few houses were left standing.地震过后只有几幢房屋还立着。
- They're standing out against any change in the law.他们坚决反对对法律做任何修改。
n.刺,戳,袋;vt.拨开,刺,戳;vi.戳,刺,捅,搜索,伸出,行动散慢
- We never thought she would poke her nose into this.想不到她会插上一手。
- Don't poke fun at me.别拿我凑趣儿。
ad.全部地,完整地;完全地,彻底地
- The fire was entirely caused by their neglect of duty. 那场火灾完全是由于他们失职而引起的。
- His life was entirely given up to the educational work. 他的一生统统献给了教育工作。
adj.有说服力的,能说得使人相信的
- His arguments in favour of a new school are very persuasive.他赞成办一座新学校的理由很有说服力。
- The evidence was not really persuasive enough.证据并不是太有说服力。
标签:
名人演讲