时间:2018-12-26 作者:英语课 分类:迷你对话学地道口语


英语课

  迷你对话:

A:Hurry up! Time is money!

快点!时间就是金钱。

B:Don't build a fire under me. I know the importance of time.

别催我,我知道时间的重要性。

A:But you are too slow to follow them.

但是你太慢了,跟不上他们。

B:Don't you see I'm trying my best?

你没看见我正在尽力吗?

地道表达:

build a fire under sb

小编讲解:

buil是动词,有“构成,形成,使成为”的意思,build fire就是“生火”的意思,build a fire under sb字面意思是“在某人的脚下点把火”,引申为“催促某人行动起来”。

支持范例:

Eg.The landlord 1 built a fire under the poor pesants for the debt 2.

地主催促可怜的农民还债。

Eg.Don't build a fire under us for an answer to your request.

不要催促我答复你们的请求。

Eg.They are building a fire under them to take an action.

他们催促他采取行动。

Eg.The boss built a fire under his emplyee to make an explaination to it.

老板催促他的雇员对这件事做出解释。

词海拾贝:

1.hurry up:赶快,快点

Eg.Hurry up, or we'll be too late to get anything to eat.

快走吧, 再晚了就吃不上饭了。

Eg.Hurry up or we will miss the train.

快点儿,不然我们就赶不上火车了。

Eg.Let' s hurry up so that we may finish the work in time.

咱们快一点,好及时完成任务。

Eg.We'll have to hurry up if we want to finish it today.

想今天完活,我们就得抓紧点儿了。

2.too... to...:太......而不能......

Eg.He is too youg to bear the misery 3.

他年纪太小了不能承受这样的痛苦。

Eg.Mary is too stupid to get through the final exam.

Mary智力太差了,不能通过期末考试。

Eg.The manage is too busy to have a talk to you about your salary.

经理太忙了,没法和你谈你的薪水问题。

3.try one's best:尽力,努力

Eg.I try my best, but the coach finds fault with everything I do.

我已经尽力了,但是教练仍然百般对我做的每一件事挑剔。

Eg.I'll try my best to procure 4 you that original French novel.

我将尽全力给你搞到那本原版法国小说。

Eg.We have been trying our best to come up with a solution.

我一直在竭力相处一个解决办法。



1 landlord
n.地主,房东,(旅店)店主
  • He is the landlord of this pub.他是这家酒店的店主。
  • He used to be a long - term labourer for a landlord.他早先给地主扛过长活。
2 debt
n.债务,义务,负债状态,罪,过失
  • The man was pressed to pay off his debt.那人被逼还债。
  • The firm had to charge off the debt as hopeless.公司只得把那笔没希望要回的债务注销。
3 misery
n.痛苦,苦恼,苦难;悲惨的境遇,贫苦
  • Business depression usually causes misery among the working class.商业不景气常使工薪阶层受苦。
  • He has rescued me from the mire of misery.他把我从苦海里救了出来。
4 procure
vt.获得,取得,促成;vi.拉皮条
  • Can you procure some specimens for me?你能替我弄到一些标本吗?
  • I'll try my best to procure you that original French novel.我将尽全力给你搞到那本原版法国小说。
标签: 地道口语 对话
学英语单词