银行英语情景口语 第196期:银行卡业务 使用银行卡(4)
时间:2018-12-27 作者:英语课 分类:银行英语情景口语
英语课
Welcome. What can I do for you, Madam? 欢迎光临。我能为您做些什么吗,女士?
I hope you can give me some advice. 我希望你能给我一些建议。
I'm sick and tired of coming here or to the post office to pay my utility 1 bills. 我非常厌烦到这里或是去邮局交我的水电费。
It's such a long way from my home, but I checked and you are my nearest branch. 从我的家过来,实在是太远了,但是我查了一下,你们是离我最 近的营业网点。
Is there anyway I can do it from home? 有没有其他方法让我在家里就能办了?
That's terrible. Unfortunately, we don't have that many branches outside the centre of town. 是太糟糕了。可惜,我们在市中心之外没有多少营业网点。
What I'd advise you to do is set up a Direct Debit 2 Service. 我建议您办理一个直接借记服务。
A Direct Debit Service? What's that exactly? 直接借记服务?这到底是什么服务呢?
A Direct Debit means that every month we can arrange for all of your utility bills to come directly out of your account, no fuss 3, no hassle. 直接借记服务就是,我们可以安排好,把您每个月所有的水电费直接从您的账户中划走,既不忙乱,又不麻烦。
But how will you know how much I should pay? 但是你们是怎么知道我要付多少钱的呢?
I mean, I receive my bills, not you. 我是说,是我收到的账单, 不是你们。
We set up an agreement with the, say, phone company. 我们和,比如说电话公司,签订了协议。
They tell us how much to pay them every month and we pay directly from your account. 他们告诉我们每个月需要付多少钱,然后我们就直接从您的账户里转账了。
Of course, we are able to do this with all of the utilities 4 companies. 当然,我们能够与所 有的公共事业公司达成这样的协议。
I see. So, that would mean that every month it would just come from my account? 我明白了。那么,就是说,钱每个月都会从我的账户中划出来啦?
That does sound like a good idea, totally trouble free. 这听起来是一个好主意,完全没有麻烦呐。
1 utility
n.公共设施,效用,公用程序,实用品,实用;adj.多效用的,多功能的
- A fur coat has more utility in winter than in autumn.毛皮外衣在冬天比在秋天更有用。
- Utility bills didn't amount to much.公用事业的费用有限。
2 debit
n.借方,借项,记人借方的款项
- To whom shall I debit this sum?此款应记入谁的账户的借方?
- We undercharge Mr.Smith and have to send him a debit note for the extra amount.我们少收了史密斯先生的钱,只得给他寄去一张借条所要欠款。