生活英语听力文章 第173期:130方法成为超级时间管理者(13)
时间:2018-12-18 作者:英语课 分类:2013年ESL之商务英语
英语课
52.Improve phone productivity 1. 提高通话效率。
When someone requests to speak with you, let them know how much time you allocated 2 for the call before diving into the subject of the call. 如果有人想要和你通话,告诉他们你为这次通话预留出了多少时间。
This generally helps them get right to the point. 这样他们通常就会直入主题。
53.Know when to end a call. 知道什么时候该结束通话。
When the purpose of a call has been met, politely end the conversation. 当打电话的目的达到之后,礼貌地结束通话。
Don't allow calls to drag on with unnecessary small talk. 不要让无关紧要的闲谈拉长通话时间。
54.Don't answer unscheduled calls. 没有预约的电话不要接。
If you are in the middle of a project and your phone rings, don't stop what you are doing to answer the phone, unless it's important. 如果你正在做一项工作,然后电话响了,不要停下手头的工作去接电话,除非这通电话很重要。
Instead, let it go to voicemail and return the call between projects or during windows of time you have designated 3 for returning calls. 否则就让他留下语音留言,然后在你的工作之余或空档时间回电话。
55.Economize 4 your conversations. 减少不必要的对话。
Be mindful of the time you spend in non-essential conversations. 要留意自己花费在无关紧要对话上的时间。
Water-cooler discussions or a lengthy 5 phone chat is time you could be working on your planning, goals, or action items. 闲聊和漫长通话的时间你都可以用到制定计划、目标并执行上。
56.Give people instructions. 明示对方。
If someone needs to get back to you with important information, ask them to send you a short email with the answer. 如果有人需要向你汇报信息,告诉他们用邮件汇报就行。
Or, if they are calling you back, ask them to please leave the answer on your voicemail, if you don't answer. 或者如果别人需要给你回电,告诉他们如果你没有接听然他们留言就可以。
This will save both of you time. 这会节省你们两个人的时间。
1 productivity
n.生产力,生产率,多产
- Farmers are introducing in novations which increase the productivity.农民们正引进提高生产力的新方法。
- The workers try to put up productivity.工人设法提高生产率。
标签:
生活英语