生活英语听力文章 第168期:130方法成为超级时间管理者(8)
时间:2018-12-18 作者:英语课 分类:2013年ESL之商务英语
英语课
31.Be smart about multitasking. 智能多任务处理。
Multitasking can improve efficiency in some areas such as returning and scheduling calls during your drive time, 多任务处理可以提高在某些领域的效率,如在你的开车时间返回和调度电话,
or listening to a self-development audio while exercising; however it can also reduce productivity because you can't effectively focus on two things at once. 或者在锻炼的时候听一个自我发展的音频,然而它也有可能有效降低生产率,因为你不能有效地专注于两件事情。
It can also be disrespectful. 它也可能不被尊重。
For instance, returning emails while talking to someone on the phone or scanning your phone for messages during a meeting. 例如,返回电子邮件时有人在电话里或扫描你在开会的的电话消息。
Ask yourself, "Is my multitasking helping 1 me or is it hurting me?" 问问自己,"多任务处理是帮助我还是伤害我?"
32.Manage interruptions. 管理中断的事情。
Every time you are interrupted you lose 10 minutes of productivity. 每次你打断你减掉10分钟的生产力。
This is the amount of time it takes you to return to the original state of focus before the distraction 2 occurred. 这是需要你的时间返回到原始状态的集中分散前发生。
Turn off electronic notifications, close your door, and silence your phone when you need an uninterrupted block of time to work on your tasks. 关掉电子通知,关闭上你的门,当你需要一个不间断的时间去从事你的工作时让你的手机呈静音状态。
It may be difficult at first, but establishing boundaries will help you accomplish more in less time. 起初也许是困难的,但设定边界将帮助您在更短的时间内完成更多。
33.Don't stop everything. 不要停止一切。
When you get interrupted because someone has something that needs to get done, don't stop everything you are doing to do it now. 当你被打断是因为有人有事情需要你去做的时候,不要停止一切你现在正在做的事情去做。
Consider what you are working on and other priorities and place it where it belongs in the sequence on your To-Do List. 考虑你正在做的事情和其他优先事项,并将其在序列中属于你的待办事项清单。
34.Turn off unnecessary notifications. 关掉不必要的通知。
Every notification you get on your computer or phone is an interruption that diverts your attention, stymies 3 productivity, and annoys those around you. 每个在你的电脑或手机上的通知对你的注意力都是一个打断,会转移你的注意力,并阻碍生产力,甚至惹恼你周围的人。
1 helping
n.食物的一份&adj.帮助人的,辅助的
- The poor children regularly pony up for a second helping of my hamburger. 那些可怜的孩子们总是要求我把我的汉堡包再给他们一份。
- By doing this, they may at times be helping to restore competition. 这样一来, 他在某些时候,有助于竞争的加强。
2 distraction
n.精神涣散,精神不集中,消遣,娱乐
- Total concentration is required with no distractions.要全神贯注,不能有丝毫分神。
- Their national distraction is going to the disco.他们的全民消遣就是去蹦迪。
标签:
生活英语