时间:2018-12-18 作者:英语课 分类:112 The Ghost in the First Row


英语课

   Dialogue 1


  Mark: Hello?
  马克: 你好?
  Jingjing: Hey Mark.
  京晶: 嘿,马克啊。
  Mark: What number are you calling from? It looked really weird 1 on my caller ID.
  马克: 你用的什么号码打来的? 我的来电显示看起来很奇怪。
  Jingjing: I'm in England, remember? I'm at the church and the wedding is about to start.
  京晶: 我在英国,记得吗? 我现在在教堂,婚礼马上就要开始了。
  Mark: Oh, so you did get invited to the church wedding. I'm happy for you.
  马克: 噢,所以你真的被邀请去参加教堂婚礼了。真替你高兴。
  Jingjing: Thanks. My friend sent me a message last night, but I haven't heard from
  her since then.
  京晶:谢谢。我的朋友昨晚给我发了信息,但从那以后我就再没收到过她的消息了。
  Mark: She's probably busy.
  马克:她估计很忙。
  Jingjing: That goes without saying. Anyway, here I am and I don't know where to sit.
  京晶:那是肯定的。不管怎样,我现在在教堂里了,但我不知道应该坐在哪。
  Mark: You're friends with the bride, and the bride's side of the family traditionally sits on the left.
  马克:你是新娘的朋友,传统上新娘的亲友应该坐在左边。
  Jingjing: That's good to know. I'll take an empty seat near the back. Oh, the groomsmen and bridesmaids are stepping up to the stage.
  京晶:明白了,我去找一个靠后的空座位。哦,伴郎和伴娘们都走上台了。
  Mark: Yeah, I can hear the music starting.
  马克:嗯,我听到音乐响起了。
  Jingjing: Right, it's the Wedding March.
  京晶:对,是《婚礼进行曲》。
  Mark: Can you see the bride yet?
  马克:你看到新娘了吗?
  Jingjing: No, but the groom 2 is coming up the aisle 3. He's standing 4 at the altar now.
  京晶:还没有,但是新郎要沿着过道走过来了。他现在站在圣坛前。
  Mark: I can hear the music changing. That's the Bridal Chorus, isn't it?
  马克:我能听到音乐换了。现在放的是《婚礼合唱》(新娘入场时播放的进行曲),对吗?
  Jingjing: Yes. The bride's coming in with her father. Wow, what a beautiful dress!京晶:是的。新娘正在和她父亲一起走进来。哇,好漂亮的礼服啊!
  Mark: You'd better get off the phone now so you applaud and take pictures.
  马克:你现在最好赶紧放下电话,鼓掌、拍照。
  Jingjing: Good idea. I'll call you later, from the reception.
  京晶:好主意。我稍后到前台再给你打电话。
  Mark: Ok.
  马克:好吧。
  New words : 习语短语
  caller ID 呼入号吗
  a feature on mobile phones, showing the phone number of someone who is calling you
  That goes without saying. 很明显,不用说
  That's obvious. That's taken for granted.
  groomsmen 伴郎
  three (usually) men who accompany the groom on the stage during a wedding
  bridesmaids 伴娘
  three (usually) women who accompany the bride on the stage during a wedding
  The Wedding March 婚礼进行曲
  a piece of classical music, by Mendelssohn, played at weddings
  aisle 新人入场的长过道
  the walkway between rows of seats in a theater
  altar 圣坛
  a decorated place where a ritual is done
  the Bridal Chorus 《婚礼合唱》(新娘入场时播放的进行曲)
  a piece of classical music, by Wagner, played at weddings (especially when the bride walks up to the altar)
  applaud 鼓掌
  clap, show support for a performer
  Dialogue 2
  Jingjing: Mark, are you there?
  京晶: 马克,听得到吗?
  Mark: Yeah, one of us has a weak signal. Are you at the reception now?
  马克:嗯,只是我们中有一边信号比较弱。你现在在前台吗?
  Jingjing: I am. Luckily, I had a spot at a table reserved for me.
  京晶:是的。幸运的是,一张桌子上有一个给我预留的位置。
  Mark: Are you at the kids' table? 马克:你在儿童桌吗?
  Jingjing: No, I'm sitting together with some of my friend's classmates. Actually, I remember some of them from my school days here.
  京晶:不,我和我朋友的一些同学坐在一起。事实上,我还记得他们中的一些人,原来我在这里上学时见过。
  Mark: That's cool. Have you had anything to eat yet?
  马克:那很不错啊。你吃过东西了吗?
  Jingjing: No, and I'm famished 5. I rushed out of the hotel this morning, still feeling jet lagged and not hungry at all. All through the ceremony at the church, my stomach was growling 6.
  京晶: 没有,我现在饿极了。今天早上我急匆匆走出酒店时,还觉得时差还没倒过来,一点也不饿呢。但刚刚在教堂举行仪式的整个过程中,我的胃都在咕咕叫。
  Mark: Aren't there any snacks on the table?
  马克:桌子上没有零食吗?
  Jingjing: There are a few Chinese-style packages of nuts and candy—but no one's touching 7 them. Now I kinda wish I was at the kids' table.
  京晶: 这有几包中式的坚果和糖果,但没人碰。现在我有点希望我能和孩子们坐一桌了。
  Mark: Ha ha. I bet there'll be food served soon.
  马克:哈哈。我打赌很快就会上菜了。
  Jingjing: Yeah, they're setting up the buffet 8 now. I hope there won't be too many speeches and rituals before we can eat.
  京晶:是的,他们正在准备自助餐。我希望在我们吃饭之前不要有太多的演讲和仪式什么的。
  Mark: Usually, people have a chance to grab food before all that pomp and circumstance gets under way. But, you should wait to see what other people do first.
  马克:通常情况下,人们是有机会在所有典礼和仪式开始之前就去取些食物的。但你最好先等等看别人是怎么做的。
  Jingjing: That's what I'm doing. Oh, here comes the father of the bride. He's taking the stage.
  京晶:我就是这么做的。哦,新娘的父亲上台了。
  Mark: All right. Clap hard after his speech, knowing that you can eat soon.
  马克:好吧。听他演讲完后要使劲鼓掌,因为你知道你很快就能吃上饭了。
  Jingjing: I will. Once again, I'd better put my phone away. I'll send you the pictures later.
  京晶:我会的。我最好还是先挂断电话吧。稍后我会把照片发给你。
  Mark: Great. Have a good time there, Jingjing.
  马克:好的。祝你在那里玩得愉快,京晶。
  New words : 习语短语
  a weak signal 信号弱
  poor mobile phone reception
  famished 饥饿的
  very hungry
  Chinese-style 中式的
  the way Chinese people do things, or an object presented and decorated with Chinese symbols and words
  pomp and circumstance
  正式的隆重的仪式
  the ceremony and formality of an event like a wedding or graduation

1 weird
adj.古怪的,离奇的;怪诞的,神秘而可怕的
  • From his weird behaviour,he seems a bit of an oddity.从他不寻常的行为看来,他好像有点怪。
  • His weird clothes really gas me.他的怪衣裳简直笑死人。
2 groom
vt.给(马、狗等)梳毛,照料,使...整洁
  • His father was a groom.他父亲曾是个马夫。
  • George was already being groomed for the top job.为承担这份高级工作,乔治已在接受专门的培训。
3 aisle
n.(教堂、教室、戏院等里的)过道,通道
  • The aisle was crammed with people.过道上挤满了人。
  • The girl ushered me along the aisle to my seat.引座小姐带领我沿着通道到我的座位上去。
4 standing
n.持续,地位;adj.永久的,不动的,直立的,不流动的
  • After the earthquake only a few houses were left standing.地震过后只有几幢房屋还立着。
  • They're standing out against any change in the law.他们坚决反对对法律做任何修改。
5 famished
adj.饥饿的
  • When's lunch?I'm famished!什么时候吃午饭?我饿得要死了!
  • My feet are now killing me and I'm absolutely famished.我的脚现在筋疲力尽,我绝对是极饿了。
6 growling
adj.动人的,使人感伤的
  • It was a touching sight.这是一幅动人的景象。
  • His letter was touching.他的信很感人。
7 buffet
n.自助餐;饮食柜台;餐台
  • Are you having a sit-down meal or a buffet at the wedding?你想在婚礼中摆桌宴还是搞自助餐?
  • Could you tell me what specialties you have for the buffet?你能告诉我你们的自助餐有什么特色菜吗?
标签: 英语PK台