实战口语情景对话 第348期:Valentine's Day 情人节
时间:2018-12-18 作者:英语课 分类:实战口语情景对话
英语课
Adrienne: So, Trina, Monday is Valentine's day. Are you excited?
埃德里安娜:特瑞娜,周一是情人节,你兴奋吗?
Trina: No!
特纳娜:不兴奋!
Adrienne: That was a pretty direct 1 answer. Why are you not excited? It's a holiday.
埃德里安娜:这还真是个直接的回答。你为什么不兴奋呢?这是节日啊。
Trina: It's a holiday for people that have other people.
特纳娜:这是有他人陪伴的人们的节日。
Adrienne: So, you're not happy because you don't have other people?
埃德里安娜:那你不开心的原因是你没有人陪伴?
Trina: I have other people. I have my sister and my mom and my dad and my friends, but Valentine's day is more of a holiday for people that have a boyfriend 2 or a girlfriend, or a wife, or a husband, or children as opposed 3 to being 4 a single person with nobody to share it with.
特纳娜:我有人陪伴。我有妹妹、妈妈、爸爸,还有朋友们,但是情人节是那些有男朋友、女朋友或是有妻子、丈夫、孩子的人过的节日,而不是单身一人,没有人共度时光的人们过的节日。
Adrienne: But could you share it with your sister, or your mother, or your father?
埃德里安娜:但是你不能和你妹妹、妈妈或是爸爸一起过吗?
Trina: I could. I could, and we do. We send each other gifts. We, well this year, I won't be with anybody, but I get to celebrate it with my sister this weekend.
特纳娜:我可以,可以,我们就是这么做的。我们会互相送礼物。但是今年,没有人和我一起过,不过这周末我会和我妹妹一起庆祝一下。
Adrienne: Well, that sounds fun.
埃德里安娜:嗯,听起来很有趣。
Trina: It is.
特纳娜:的确是。
Adrienne: So what kinds of things have you done on Valentines day in the past?
埃德里安娜:那过去你在情人节都做什么呢?
Trina: Ah, gone out to dinner, gone to a movie, had dinner at my parents house, had dinner at my grandparent's house.
特纳娜:出去吃晚饭,看电影,在父母家吃晚饭,或是在祖父母家吃晚饭。
Adrienne: That's interesting. Why your grandparent's house?
埃德里安娜:那真有意思。为什么在祖父母家吃晚饭?
Trina: It was their wedding 5 anniversary 6.
特纳娜:因为那天是他们的结婚纪念日。
Adrienne: Wow! That's a great day to have a wedding anniversary.
埃德里安娜:哇!结婚纪念日在情人节真是太棒了。
Trina: It is and it was a lot of fun. I got to spend some of their last few years together having dinner with them.
特纳娜:没错,有很多乐趣。这几年我们都是和他们一起吃的晚餐。
Adrienne: That sounds lovely. So are you looking forward to maybe having a Valentine next year?
埃德里安娜:听起来真不错。那你期待明年过情人节吗?
Trina: Maybe! We'll, see.
特纳娜:也许吧。到时候看看吧。
1 direct
adj.直接的;直达的;v.指挥;知道;监督;管理
- This train is direct,you do not have to change.这辆火车是直达的,你不必换车。
- The army is under the king's direct command.军队由国王直接统帅。
2 boyfriend
n.男朋友
- The girl was so angry that she hung up on her boyfriend.那姑娘一气之下挂断了男朋友的电话。
- My boyfriend gathered some beautiful flowers for me. 我的男朋友为我采来一些美丽的花。
3 opposed
vt.和…起冲突;和敌军起冲突;反抗,抗拒;相对:放在某事物对面以对比或平衡vi.对抗,对立adj.强烈反对某事物的;(表示对比)而,相对于;相反的;敌对的
- The development was bitterly opposed by the local community. 这一开发项目遭到了当地社区的愤怒抵制。
- We hold diametrically opposed views. 我们的观点大相径庭。
4 being
n.存在;生存;生命存在,生命,人, 本质;art.在,有,是
- Can you explain to me the purpose of being?你能对我解释一下存在的目的吗?
- What is the purpose of our being?我们生存的目的是什么?
5 wedding
n.婚礼,结婚,结婚仪式,结合
- I have to attend a wedding.我必须去参加婚礼。
- Their wedding was very quiet.他们的婚礼很平淡。
6 anniversary
n.周年(纪念日)
- They celebrate their wedding anniversary annually.他们每年庆祝一番结婚纪念日。
- Today is my parents'30th wedding anniversary.今天是我父母结婚30周年纪念日。
标签:
口语