TED演讲:解读羞耻(6)
时间:2018-12-18 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲教育篇
英语课
But in surviving this last year, I was reminded of a cardinal 1 rule -- not a research rule, 但是在过去一年的挣扎中,我被一个基本守则所提醒着--不是做研究的守则,
but a moral imperative 2 from my upbringing -- "you've got to dance with the one who brung ya". 而是基于我所受教育的一种道义上的驱使 -- 你只能打好手里已经有的牌。
And I did not learn about vulnerability and courage and creativity and innovation from studying vulnerability. 我并没有通过研究脆弱而学习到勇气、创造、革新以及脆弱。
I learned about these things from studying shame. 我是通过研究羞耻而学到这些。
And so I want to walk you in to shame. 因此我想带大家走进羞耻感。
Jungian analysts 3 call shame the swampland of the soul. 荣格(心理学家)学派把羞耻称作是灵魂的沼泽地。
And we're going to walk in. 而我们就即将踏入。
And the purpose is not to walk in and construct a home and live there. 目的并不是走进去,造个房子住下来。
It is to put on some galoshes -- and walk through and find our way around. Here's why. 而是穿上胶鞋,穿过去并找出可以走的路。这是原因。
We heard the most compelling call ever to have a conversation in this country, 我们已经听到最迫切的呼吁,要在这个国家进行一场对话。
and I think globally, around race, right? Yes? We heard that. Yes? 而且我想全世界都是这样,一场围绕种族问题的对话,是吧?对吗?我们听到了,对吗?
Cannot have that conversation without shame. 不谈羞耻就不会有这场对话。
Because you cannot talk about race without talking about privilege. 因为谈种族不可能不谈到特权。
And when people start talking about privilege, they get paralyzed by shame. 而当人们谈到特权的时候,他们就被羞耻感所淹没了。
1 cardinal
n.(天主教的)红衣主教;adj.首要的,基本的
- This is a matter of cardinal significance.这是非常重要的事。
- The Cardinal coloured with vexation. 红衣主教感到恼火,脸涨得通红。
2 imperative
n.命令,需要;规则;祈使语气;adj.强制的;紧急的
- He always speaks in an imperative tone of voice.他老是用命令的口吻讲话。
- The events of the past few days make it imperative for her to act.过去这几天发生的事迫使她不得不立即行动。
标签:
TED演讲