TED演讲:解读羞耻(5)
时间:2018-12-18 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲教育篇
英语课
And then I hear, "Vulnerability TED 1!" I turn around, I go, "Hi." 然后我听到:“脆弱TED!” 我转过身,说:“嗨。”
She's right here and she said, "You're the shame researcher who had the breakdown 2." 她就在这儿,然后她说:“你就是那个崩溃了的羞耻研究员。”
At this point, parents are, like, pulling their children close. 这时侯,父母们都拉紧他们的孩子。
"Look away." And I'm so worn out at this point in my life, I look at her and I actually say, "It was a fricking spiritual awakening 3." “看别处。”这一刻我简直太无语了,我看着她脱口而出的是:“那是一次灵魂的觉醒。”
And she looks back and does this, "I know." 然后她看着我就这样,“我知道。”
And she said, "We watched your TED talk in my book club. Then we read your book and we renamed ourselves 'The Breakdown Babes.'" 然后她说:“我们在读书俱乐部看了你的TED演讲。然后读了你的书之后,我们就给自己改了名字,叫 ‘崩溃辣妹。’”
And she said, "Our tagline is: 'We're falling apart and it feels fantastic.'" 然后她说:“我们的标语是:‘我们正在分崩离析,而且这感觉棒极了。'"
You can only imagine what it's like for me in a faculty 4 meeting. 你们就能想象,我在教师会上是个什么情形了。
So when I became Vulnerability TED, like an action figure -- Like Ninja Barbie, but I'm Vulnerability TED 所以当我成了脆弱TED,像个玩具公仔,比如忍者芭比,只不过我叫脆弱TED。
-- I thought, I'm going to leave that shame stuff behind, 我想,我该把羞耻感研究放一放了,
because I spent six years studying shame before I started writing and talking about vulnerability. 因为在正式开始谈和写作关于脆弱之前,我花了6年的时间来研究羞耻感。
And I thought, thank God, because shame is this horrible topic, no one wants to talk about it. 我当时想,谢天谢地,因为羞耻是个这么可怕的话题。
It's the best way to shut people down on an airplane. 没人想谈论它,它是让飞机上搭讪的人闭嘴的最好方法。
"What do you do?" "I study shame." "Oh." “您是做什么的?” “我研究羞耻的。”“哦。”
1 ted
vt.翻晒,撒,撒开
- The invaders gut ted the village.侵略者把村中财物洗劫一空。
- She often teds the corn when it's sunny.天好的时候她就翻晒玉米。
2 breakdown
n.垮,衰竭;损坏,故障,倒塌
- She suffered a nervous breakdown.她患神经衰弱。
- The plane had a breakdown in the air,but it was fortunately removed by the ace pilot.飞机在空中发生了故障,但幸运的是被王牌驾驶员排除了。
标签:
TED演讲